What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARL rejects Lyon's rep retirement request

butchmcdick

Immortal
yeah - why not let him?
as if they would even pick him knowing he doesn't want to play? its another example of the farcical board decisions out of the NRL - they keep finding more ways for fans to say WTF?

Yeah that NRL rejecting Lyons request even though it is the ARL's decision. Boy that Gallop sure is stupid. I wish the ARL ran the game. THEY wouldn't come up with such a crazy decision.

^_^

Juniors
dont need to, his efforts in origin are more then enough to prove he is sh!t..why the f*ck would i want to watch his game when i hate manly, why waste my time when i have better things to do :crazy:he is sh!t everyone can see it except manly fans

Ahh thats it, we are just bias but results speak for themselves (PREMIERS) & uneducated wankers like you do all the sh*t talking. In regards to your time, it was truly wasted last year following a team other then Manly :D

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't see why the ARL should have the right the ban players from NRL matches. It should be out of their jurisdiction. I don't like Jamie Lyon very much, however he is contracted to Manly, not the ARL, and he should have the right to make a decision himself. There were rumours last year Brad Fitler wanted Anthony Minichiello to make himself unavailable for NSW selection due to injury problems... I don't see any reason as to why Lyon should be forced to play origin or international football if he is not interested.

If selected Lyon should do what Eric Grothe did, and just not attend a meeting or something. He'll get bad coverage because of it, but at least he'll get his way and be sacked from the team.

Stagger eel

Staff member
what a stupid rule..f**k me, if he doesn't want to play and he's made his presents felt 2 weeks before the start of the premiership than he shouldn't be punished for it.

f**ken idiots.

Tommax25

Bench
let him sit out, he is sh!t anyway and doesnt deserve rep selection

Ah k, I see our arguement about king in another thread is fairly moot as you just hate manly, and in conjunctoin all manly players. Thats fair enough if thats the case but to call him sh*t is pretty ludicrous :crazy:, I better not bring out the same line I used before because it seems to make you angry.....

Tommax25

Bench
Yeah your right :roll: we just need to watch the 3 finals games Manly played in 08 to show how geniused your comment is.

Go back the whole year & its obvious you have not been following his game at all you deadsh*t.

lol i had pretty much the same argument with him over king in another thread, dont bother mate, he is just stirring the pot with stupid statements.

On lyon, why would they force him? It doesnt make sense. It wont matter anyway because as people have said he is unofficially blacklisted now. But really no player should not be forced to play rep footy if they dont want. There is a player who plays soccer who is retired from the natoinal team at 23 or something like that, people have their reasons.

Last edited:

^_^

Juniors
Yeah i know what you mean just wanted to point out it seemed his comment was based on nothing, the excuse that Jamie played a bad origin game 2 yrs ago is bullsh*t compared to the fact NSW lost the last 3 years so what am i supposed to base all those players games on a horror 3 yr run for NSW?

Your right its just a typical dig made by an uneducated moron.

Charlie124

First Grade
I think the decision might be a lot more about the ARL not wanting to make an exception when there is no need for them to. Look at it this way;

The ARL has a set criteria in regards to players rep availability (players age, 10yrs in NRL, long term injury etc). Jamie Lyon doesnt fit the criteria for a player to be able to retire from rep footy, so his request is denied. This doesnt mean the selectors are going to pick him though, it just means the ARL doesnt have to make an exception to their rules, and the player gets what he wants anyway, its just not made official.

Vossy

Bench
:roll: right, so someone has a different opinion to you, so instantly that person is now un-educated..rightio idiot

^_^

Juniors
:roll: right, so someone has a different opinion to you, so instantly that person is now un-educated..rightio idiot

Vossy you twit you even said yourself you do not watch the guy play, yet you say he is a sh*t player because you say he had a bad game in SOO in f**king 2007. So in my view not knowing anything about the current form of a player yet commenting on it like you do is in actual fact uneducated.

Want me to get you a dictionary just so we clear on the meaning?

f**k it hear it is

uneducated
Adjective
not educated well or at all

bartman

Immortal
Fair enough they reject the application, if Lyon doesn't meet the criteria as set out for this exact situation.

Stiff sh*t. The cost to Jamie is a week's break from club duties. Manly are therefore penalised for signing a talented soft c**k. The rest of teh league world moves on as normal.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
dont need to, his efforts in origin are more then enough to prove he is sh!t..why the f*ck would i want to watch his game when i hate manly, why waste my time when i have better things to do :crazy:he is sh!t everyone can see it except manly fans
If being "sh!t" is winning man of the match in a major semi final and being a pussy hair off winning the clive churchill medal then i hope he continues his sh!t form this year. :)

IanG

Coach
Yeah cut him loose and leave a spot for a bloke who would give his right arm for the chance.

Tommax25

Bench
Fair enough they reject the application, if Lyon doesn't meet the criteria as set out for this exact situation.

Stiff sh*t. The cost to Jamie is a week's break from club duties. Manly are therefore penalised for signing a talented soft c**k. The rest of teh league world moves on as normal.

Why should he be forced to play rep footy if he doesnt want to/miss games for his club (who pays his bills)? Because you think he should play rep footy? Because you think all nrl players should want to play rep footy?:crazy:

bartman

Immortal
Because rep footy is part and parcel of the responsibilities of the competition that his club has signed up to play in.

If he doesn't want to, that's fine. But if he's good enough to be picked and hasn't played 10 years of NRL and the other criteria for an exemption, then he doesn't get an exemption. If he still chooses not to play when selected, then he sits out the corresponding club games.

It's all very accountable and fair imo.

What people forget is clubs are part of the league, and so are rep games. Rep games generate income that gets spread back for the benefit of the clubs. To excuse everyone who simply didn't feel like playing rep footy without any penalty would make a farce of things.

I don't think he should be forced to play rep footy, and its debatable that he would be picked. I don't think all players should be forced to play rep footy - but if they refuse to, then there should be a penalty such as missing the club rounds in the name of equity. It's been this way for years, with good reason.

meltiger

First Grade
Common sense decision.

Whilst as a one off you'd say they are being morons, you need to look at the big picture. At present, RL has a wonderful rep season on top of their week in, week out top line comp. The rep season still has prestige. If you start letting players make themselves unavailable the rep season slowly but surely starts to lose it's prestige and more and more players will start to make themselves unavailable.

Sounds unthinkable given the status of SOO in our sporting landscape, but once upon a time Victorian kids grew up dreaming of wearning the Big V too. It only took 10 years for the jersey to die.

If State of Origin is to be valued higher than the club comp, then the ARL must have the right to reasonably expect all players make themselves available. (Except in the set out conditions of course)

clipser

Juniors
who cares.. the 2009 hasnt even begun yet.. so we have no idea who will be in the selectors minds.. that being said i doubt that he will be chosen by the coaches if he is simply not interested.