What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield - NSW vs WA at SCG 5-8 March

Red Bear

Referee
EJM Cowan lbw b Bandy 58 182 135 8 0 42.96
GJ Mail st Johnson b Heal 59 221 166 8 0 35.54
BJ Rohrer c Dorey b Bandy 34 106 96 5 0 35.41
DJ Thornely not out 56 159 94 4 2 59.57
UT Khawaja not out 36 91 63 6 0 57.14
Extras (b 3, lb 6, nb 6) 15

Total (3 wickets; 91.2 overs) 258

everyone seems to be contributing

Snail 59 of 221 balls, very Dravid like
it was 166 balls

aussies1st

Staff member
172 not out he could have made a double 100 with his form this season. Will have next season to continue this form then he could find a middle order spot opened by Hussey.

MSIH

Bench
I think Ferguson has the inside running for Hussey's spot.

Can bat though old Usman.

aussies1st

Staff member
As long as Watson bowls then he will be ahead of Ferguson. If not he will definitely be ahead. Pomersbach at 6 could bring the counter attack guy we could use.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Pommers has got to be a bit more consistent, he is too inconsistent to be talking about YET. I do emphasise the word "yet" as I do agree with you longer term, but he scores way too many "nothing scores" at the moment. Watson is your perfect no4/5 really and that is where he will bat long term

aussies1st

Staff member
Agree hes been poor consistency wise, hopefully he gets back to his form in the 1st season. If Watson is going in as a batter only he will have to average 50+ in domestic cricket.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agree hes been poor consistency wise, hopefully he gets back to his form in the 1st season. If Watson is going in as a batter only he will have to average 50+ in domestic cricket.

Watson will play a similar role to Kallis long term (not as good obviously) as a batsman who bowls 10 overs an innings with the ball. If we get him to bowl 20 odd an innings then he will get injuries.

aussies1st

Staff member
I saw some highlights of Starc. Starc pitches the ball up quite a bit so he probably is a bowler that looks for the swing. Has a pretty good back of the length ball as well which seems to keep the runs down for him.

And now he has taken the 3rd wicket.

Latest posts