What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly hit market for new fullback

Disco

Bench
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/forumrules.php#source

SOURCING MATERIAL
Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.
IMPORTANT: Sourcing material with an URL link does not mean putting in a link to a third party website. That is, websites, blogs or forums where the original material has been copied from the original publication. In particular, Wikipedia is open sourced and can be edited by readers, and is therefore not considered a reliable source.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disco

Bench
I'd be looking at Crisp or Gallent

I really liked Seage as a player but i hear he is injured again

gong_eagle

First Grade
whats the bet, Manly hasnt talked to any of them,

Dean Ritchie has been busy reading forums again trying to get exclusives

Disco

Bench
whats the bet, Manly hasnt talked to any of them,

Dean Ritchie has been busy reading forums again trying to get exclusives
Possibly, but its nice to think the Robbo wont be there for the next 11 weeks, plus, this plus the comments on nrl on fox makes me think something is going on

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Manly hit market for new fullback
By Dean Ritchie | May 01, 2009 12:00am

Dearly missed ... Manly's regular fullback Brett Stewart. Photograph: Sam Ruttyn / The Daily Telegraph
MANLY are considering signing a back-up fullback for the remainder of the season.
The Sea Eagles are battling, with Brett Stewart out with a serious knee injury and not back until round 18.

Winger Michael Robertson has filled in well but admits himself he is a winger, not a fullback.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal four players being mentioned as potential Manly recruits - Shannon McDonnell or Shannon Gallant from Wests Tigers along with Brent Crisp from the Bulldogs.

Former Newcastle player David Seage - who retired in 2007 because of constant injuries - has also been spoken about.

No player has yet been made an official offer by the club.

Should the player agree to terms over the weekend, Manly may make an announcement as early as Monday.

clicky

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think the Warriors should loan Manly our U20's fullback, Kevin Locke. He is a star of the future. He isn't going to get a 1st grade gig any time soon with both McKinnon & Hohaia in front of him. And this will give him valuable NRL experience.

Of course, he can't play against the Warriors.

Disco

Bench
You know i dont understand why a loan system isnt introduced

i mean this would be a perfect case, or another example could be parra taking on Barba or Foran etc

I mean obviously the new club would have to pay the players wages etc and this would have implications in terms the salary cap but i could really see it as benefical for alot of clubs

super_coach

First Grade
Shannon Mcd from the tigers would be perfect, solve some of the tigers cap woes and a change of clubs and getting away from his old man might do wonders for his football, he actually got some real talent but we in tiger town tend to give it to him every time he puts a foot wrong

Dutchy

Immortal
We have a good young fullback sitting in the QLD Cup side tearing it up!

Promote Howie Matthews!

Patorick

Staff member
Bani for me. Love the way he attacks the ball rather than letting it come to him.