What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Jason Maher

Immortal
Matt Prior. Beaten all ends up by Thurston twice, and then THAT pass. Special mention for Scott Prince. Muffed every kick I saw him put in today, and then the brain explosion to put a grapple on an opposing player.

Bazal

Post Whore
Greg Eastwood...Soward may have milked it, but he grabbed him with his left arm and under the rule, that's just asking for trouble...

The Tigers for their attempts at kicking a field goal today. I am going to drive myself down to Tigers training this week some time, and teach them how to set up for one myself, because it's pretty bloody obvious no one else is teaching them.

alexc

Kurt Gidley has officially won the Paul Carige Award 2009.

Start a new thread for the 2010 season because no one is topping his origin effort.

Apey

Staff member
people are being a bit harsh on the knock-on imo. 30 seconds needing a converted try with what, 80m to run? Our halves failed to create anything the whole game I fail to see how we were going to score from there..

The foot over the dead ball - Carige. No doubts about it. :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gids deadset channelled Carige last night. Almost identical stuff except I think Carige was trying to do the right thing whereas Gidley probably forgot he was outside the field of play

:lol:

Apey

Staff member
Gids deadset channelled Carige last night. Almost identical stuff except I think Carige was trying to do the right thing whereas Gidley probably forgot he was outside the field of play

:lol:

Yeah, I think he did forget.

My view (biased/protective I'm guessing):

A lot of players stand outside of the field and wait for the ball to roll over for the 20m tap. You see it happen at Club level a lot of the time and every Fullback does it. Unfortunately Gidley thought it was going over (I did too actually) and then when it didn't he was like "f**k" and panicked, picked it up and run forgetting that he was in the position to send it back for a 20m tap.

Terrible mistake in the context of the game. :crazy: