What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop Meeting Today

Today David Gallop, meets the cronulla board, and the board are to be advised that come the end of the year, the club will need to be relocated to either Adelaide or the Sunshine Coast.

If that has not been done, the NRL will wind the Sharks up considering they are basically trading insolvent, and the Central Coast will step straigh into the breach.

The Sharks wont reloacte to the CC as they would not be the sharks, the only options are Adelaide or Sunshine Coast, playing games out of Brisbane till Quad Park is bought up to date.

There is no other options for the club, it is now relocate or die, something that has been told time after time here for the last 3 months.

For the fans, the ever decreasing numbers, you best get down to Shark Park as it is the last season there.

I except all the denials to come on here and shout me down, but after today's meeting we will see the full ramifications

Inferno

Coach
To be honest, I still have hope we can turn it around, but we need to be re-built from the top down. Rightly or wrongly, the current board and president has presided over the vast majority of this mess, and whether they are responsible for any of it or not is irrelevant.

Public perception is reality, and at the moment we struggle to attract both fans and sponsors, the lifeblood of any sports team.

Rebuild, get the public talking about the "new sharks" and we give ourselves the best possible chance to get out of this mess.

Of course that would involve those at the top falling on their swords, and despite the fact it would be for the best, I can't see it happening.

Prove me wrong board members, show you care!

shadowboxer

First Grade
i wont be shouting you down. Your probaly right. If the move does happen, I hope it is North and not to gosford. Go to Gosford and lose everything really. They arent ready anyway, if you say the great FLO on fox last night he was a deer in the head lights.

It is a dire state of affairs and pretty complicated but alot rests with the board, how they could run the place into the ground like they is appalling.

Goodluck

samshark

Juniors
You are talking shit as usual SSB.
It not even published or stated anywhere that he is meeting the board today.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Gallop needs to sack the the Cronulla board simple as that, and a care taker board established until all the bullshit is resolved and then board can be elected.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Today David Gallop, meets the cronulla board, and the board are to be advised that come the end of the year, the club will need to be relocated to either Adelaide or the Sunshine Coast

Where did you hear that from mate? What whispers in what dunny did you hear that shite or are you just assuming? If so then I can tell you that the Sunshine Coast haven't even got a campaign to have an NRL team yet as we don't have a suitable ground.

spider

Coach
However, Gallop remained ambiguous as to whether these deals would be enough for the league to step in and save the Sharks.
Another option would be for the club to take an offer upwards of $8 million to relocate to the Central Coast.
Thats not quite how you assert it SSB

stop telling porkies