What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgraceful Mundine camp antics

C.P

Juniors
Not surprising really given the behaviour of Khoder Nasser and cronies over the years. Mundine shunning standing with Geale and the ref in the middle of the ring to huddle in the corner with his entourage as the result was read out was also a disgrace and would never be tolerated o/s

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25552576-11088,00.html

Entourage upstages 'The Man' on fight night

Article from:

AAP
May 28, 2009 07:53pm

AS always, Anthony Mundine claimed he was confident all along that he would win.
But his overflowing entourage clearly was not, judging by the intimidating tactics used during the absorbing fight with IBO world middleweight champion Daniel Geale at Brisbane on Wednesday night.

Mundine claimed he wanted to "conquer the world" and would consider only big name - and even bigger money - overseas bouts after a split points decision over a gracious Geale.

But experienced onlookers doubted whether "The Man" would be able to fight overseas without being disqualified if his supporters repeated Wednesday night's antics outside of Australia.

As one respected ringside observer said after Mundine claimed his third world title: "They are not going to be able to get away with that overseas".

Some of the larger members of Mundine's 15-strong entourage took their place either side of one judge - Englishman Marcus McConnell - during the fight.

If that wasn't enough, they shamelessly looked at the score cards as McConnell handed them to officials at the end of each round - and abused him if they didn't agree.

Another person could clearly be heard swearing at McConnell from Mundine's corner after receiving score updates from his offsiders, even hinting at a conspiracy when a round didn't go to "The Man".

"They've got a plan, it's all part of their plan," he said.

Blind panic set in at Mundine's corner as scores came through near the end of the 12 round fight - and then it really got ugly.

One member of Mundine's entourage stood over McConnell and hurled abuse at the judge when he saw that he awarded Geale the 10th round, calling him "racist".

He had obviously forgotten that Geale was also an indigenous boxer - mind you, the Aboriginal flag embroidered into his boxing trunks sort of gave it away.

"Tell Choc (Mundine) to get busy, they (judges) are going to rob him," the Team Mundine member said after looking at the scorecard.

One newspaper journalist sitting next to a clearly unimpressed McConnell had had enough by this stage.

"You can't talk to a judge like that," the reporter said.

Enraged, the "Team Mundine" member then let rip at the bemused reporter.

The same Mundine "supporter" was seen in the dressing rooms afterwards saying he later apologised to McConnell "because we won, but if we hadn't ..."

By this stage, Mundine had morphed into "The Man" as he sat on a huge black chair in the dressing room corner like a throne.

"This guy was fighting when I was lacing up boots (in rugby league)," Mundine said.

"He had a prestigious amateur background, 160 fights, Commonwealth Games gold medallist - I took it up in 2000 with four fights in my kit.

"Now c'mon, who is the best? Don't be naive. Just tell people the truth."

It was in stark contrast to the scenes in Geale's camp.

Geale was philosophical about his first professional loss.

The Sydney-based Tasmanian recovered well from a second round knockdown - just the fifth of his 22-fight career - to give Mundine, and his entourage, a real scare.

"That flash knockdown worried me. It may have swayed things a little bit," Geale said.

"But you've got to sit back and let the judges do their job."

If only Mundine's entourage had.

Matt23

Staff member
I'm not surprised...waits for the Mundane fan boys to come and defend "the Man"

Xplosive

Juniors
Mundines hectik posse are scum of the earth.
If he had not converted and started to build illegal places of worship they would not give a fly about him.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Had the IBO supervisor deemed that McConnell was influenced in any way by Mundine's cronies he would have declared the fight a no result. This would have been a direct result of the two idiots sitting either side of the judge attempting to intimidate him and shamelessly inspecting every round card as it was handed in.

As it turns out McConnell just told the fools to "f**k off out of here and f**k off now". But that didn't stop them trying. McConnell is an experienced judge and has probably come across this sort of thing before.

Dirty tactics, and speaks volumes about Mundine really, if he needs idiots like that around him to boost his confidence.

Mong

Post Whore
Hahaha

I don't think he needs people around him to boost his confidence Grimey.. He seems pretty "choc" full of it already..

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Hahaha

I don't think he needs people around him to boost his confidence Grimey.. He seems pretty "choc" full of it already..

And guess where it comes from.

Are you one of his "crew" or something? You obviously endorse his supporters' standover antics the other night.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Wow..

String em up..

:roll:

Mong said:
For what?

The quotes above clearly indicate that you see no harm in the actions of Mundine's "entourage".

Or are we misinterpreting them?

Mong said:
No.. I just don't share your blind hatred of him tis all

I don't hate Mundine. Never have. I just wouldn't hump his leg if given the opportunity. You on the other hand...

Syko

Juniors
hahaha mundine wins again!

its cause he used to play for the dragons! thats why!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
One member of Mundine's entourage stood over McConnell and hurled abuse at the judge when he saw that he awarded Geale the 10th round, calling him "racist".

He had obviously forgotten that Geale was also an indigenous boxer - mind you, the Aboriginal flag embroidered into his boxing trunks sort of gave it away.

what a joke

pulling out the old racist card at a desperate time

how intelligent do you have to be to be part of the Mundine camp