What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm pair fined $5000 by club for public urination

gong_eagle

First Grade
Storm pair fined $5000 by club for public urination

http://www.livenews.com.au/sport/storm-pair-fined-5000-by-club-for-public-urination/2009/5/29/208253
This type of behaviour is unacceptable.
Brian Waldron, Storm boss
The Melbourne Storm has fined halves pairing Cooper Cronk and Brett Finch $5000 each for what the club has termed a minor indiscretion in Byron Bay on Thursday night.

The players contacted Storm officials on Friday morning, and revealed they had been cautioned on the spot by NSW police officers for urinating in a public place.

Neither player was found to be intoxicated at the time of the incident, but Storm CEO Brian Waldron admits he is deeply disappointed in the star pair's actions.

“This type of behaviour is unacceptable,” Waldron said.

“As such we have decided to send the strongest message possible to our players by imposing the substantial fines.

“Our players must recognise that this type of irresponsible behaviour will not be condoned at our club.

“We have notified the NRL of this incident and they are supportive of the disciplinary action imposed”.

bartman

Immortal
I hope they didn't cross the streams... bad things happen when you cross the streams.

ghostbusters.jpg

squiddy

Juniors
Why do these merkins always get caught ? I've pissed behind cars , trees , buildings hundreds of times and never been busted once ?( and i've been blind)

Yet footy players are always getting pinged - dumb or what ?

Noa

First Grade
ITS f**kEN BYRON BAY. IF YOU CAN FIND A SPOT WHERE SOME HIPPY OR STONED SURFER HASNT PISSED THEN A SHRINE SHOULD BE ERECTED TO IT. WALDRON SHOULD BE EMBARRESED HE GOT SOMEONE TO TYPE UP A MEDIA RELEASE.

stormysally

Juniors
i know how the hell did it get out the guys were not even in trouble about it stupid boys proberly goodie goodie cronk rang waldren to tell him i think its funny that noone seems to even care

Latest posts