What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FA Cup Final - Everton v Chelsea

skeepe

Immortal
I see Drogba's still doing his impression of a corpse every time someone comes within five feet.

Never get tired of histrionics, the only thing funnier than how badly unbelievable his dives are is the fact that he actually thinks he's fooling anyone.

Eddie.

Bench
Good win for us. Bossed the game and deserved it. Feel for Everton as they are a club i would like to see win a trophy.

Another terrible performance against Chelsea in a big game by the officials. Everton goal coming from a set up that was 2 metres off side. As well as a Malouda goal that was over the line. Its not good enough in big games but we will continue to put up with it.

Malouda played a great game, best player on the pitch. Frank Lampard, what can you say, we have come to expect it as Chelsea fans. Wasn't a great spectacle but it was a sapping day in the heat.

Chelsea!!!

Syko

Juniors
hope we can somehow keep gus, i got a feeling ancelotti will be another epic fail

skeepe

Immortal
Good win for us. Bossed the game and deserved it. Feel for Everton as they are a club i would like to see win a trophy.

Another terrible performance against Chelsea in a big game by the officials. Everton goal coming from a set up that was 2 metres off side. As well as a Malouda goal that was over the line. Its not good enough in big games but we will continue to put up with it.

Malouda played a great game, best player on the pitch. Frank Lampard, what can you say, we have come to expect it as Chelsea fans. Wasn't a great spectacle but it was a sapping day in the heat.

Chelsea!!!

Love the fact that, in your wild refereeing rant, you fail to mention how you should have played most of the match with 10 men after Essien's X-rated challenge on Fellaini. How that wasn't a straight red I'll never know.

Syko

Juniors
Love the fact that, in your wild refereeing rant, you fail to mention how you should have played most of the match with 10 men after Essien's X-rated challenge on Fellaini. How that wasn't a straight red I'll never know.

it was a good tackle, you could hear him cry almost.

The Tank

Bench

As if that was a straight red... yellow card sure, but no red.

On the disallowed goal... when I first saw it I didn't think it came even close to going in, so I was pretty surprised to see the replay. Hard one for the ref though... no complaints (because we won :D )... I'd be fuming if we'd lost!

weasel

First Grade
An awesome start and a great winner from Lampard but it was a rubbish game. A lot of people I know have said the CL Final was boring, and I can see where they were coming from considering Barca's dominance, but for football purists it was still beautiful to watch. The FA Cup final in comparison was just poor quality.

I was very disappointed with Everton. You know, I really thought they had quite a good side, I was gonna come in and defend them in the EPL is a myth thread, but that effort really just re-inforced what TT, Fish eel and the likes have been arguing. I know they knocked out Man Utd to get to the final, but it wasn't the real Man Utd that Fergie sent out that day. The United from Wednesday night would have ate either of those two teams for breakfast, and there's daylight between them and Barcelona.

weasel

First Grade
Barcelona scored 1 goal against Chelsea because of Chelsea's gameplan in the two legs. Do you honestly think Chelsea could have beaten Man Utd as easily as Barcelona did? Realistically another low scoring draw and a penalty shoot-out is the best chance Chelsea would have had of claiming the european cup, and more than likely United would have won. The gap is greater between the two than last season.

Chelsea!!!

Malouda has been maligned by many this season and I thought he was superb. Could easily have had a brace (or better) in that game. Chelsea controlled the play very well and rarely looked threatened. I have a feeling that this will be the last we'll see of Drogba at Chelsea (class header for his goal to equalise, by the way) and it will be interesting to see who the new coach brings in.

This win helps to ease the disappointment of missing out on the Champions League Final.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Barcelona scored 1 goal against Chelsea because of Chelsea's gameplan in the two legs.

So you factor in that Chelsea scored against Barcelona and the handball that should have been a penalty, it was a successful gameplan.

Much better gameplan than what Fergie came up with it seems.

Isn't the whole point of a gameplan supposed to be to minimise their strengths and maximise your own?

weasel

First Grade
Well, it's nice to see you've answered my question. Do you think Chelsea this season was capable of beating Man Utd as easily as Barcelona did?

It wasn't really a successful gameplan, although it was minutes away from working. It was quite cynical really. And it would have been worthless if Barcelona had gotten the penalty they deserved in the first leg, because Chelsea would have been forced to play football (although we would at least know for sure now if they could match Barcelona in pure footballing terms).

The thing is Chelsea's goal came from what was a pretty innocuous forage forward. Taking nothing away from Essien's flawless execution, a deflected ball came to him and he hit and hoped. Chelsea scored in the only way they were going to with the strategy they had adopted, a fluke. It was a gameplan that was only designed to give victory in two ways, a lucky goal or a penalty shoot-out. The match pretty much told us nothing about the true qualities of the two sides.

On the other hand, pitted against a much weaker opponent, Chelsea were able to show their real football face in the FA Cup final, and what we saw was not the standard expected of a European Champion.

Latest posts