What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Envy..

SerbDragon

Coach
If im not allowed to do this then feel free to delete, but there are some comments on their (scum) side of the forum which i found pretty cool actually.

They're not all 3 fingered banjo playing primates by the looks of things.

This is 1 i liked-

This is really frustrating me.

So last night a drastically weakened Saints line up steam rolled a similarly weakened Panthers line up. Their normal bench props and reserve props posted the following stats:

Paea - 14 runs for 133m, 16 tackles.
Green - 15 runs for 94m, 22 tackles
Hunt - 15 runs for 107m, 41 tackles
Merrin - 7 runs for 50m, 17 tackles.

Huge effort from, plenty of go foward and good defensive work too. Now, prop is undoubtedly the most difficult position to play and fill in league - and yet even their reserve graders can pull of a dominant performance.

Granted, they have access to the best rugby league nursery in the world - but every prop in last night's match, save for Paea was a local junior or went through the Saints junior system for a number of years. Of the two regular props, Poore was a Helensburgh junior and Weyman was purchased. Before these two, Bailey was a Shellharbour junior, Ryles a 'Gong junior and Wicks (now with Knights) a local junior. Quite a production line, and all of it quality.

Last night I read a comment from a Saints fan ridiculing us for having to buy another prop, and I have to agree - it is a fundamental weakness of our club having to recruit in the most important position, and not only paying huge $ to half fill that position, but never getting the true dominant prop of the time to the club. Wayne has such depth in that position that he can afford to let Poore go as he will have a quality young bloke like Merrin or Hunt ready to step up to fill the void their shortly. It is a great cap saving device but it ensures he always has someone of quality to turn to in that position.

And I look at us. In contrast to the Saints, the props in our system get a shot out of desperation, and are incredibly overrawed by the experienced. Not in their first game, but so far in their careers. Look at Selmes. He hasn't improved at all in 3 years of grade. Douglas is the only prop our system has truly developed, and he is starting to go backwards. No other young props have stepped up - we've had to recruit Snowden, Donnelly, Ross, Norrie etc.

This is highly frustrating seeing that we have continually failed to snare any real quality to fill what is the most important position on the park. Wayne was walked into a very well developed side.

Go Nulla

Bench
If im not allowed to do this then feel free to delete, but there are some comments on their (scum) side of the forum which i found pretty cool actually.

This is 1 i liked-

Your right that's the 3 fingered banjo playing primate filthy stains supporters you're thinking about.

SerbDragon

Coach
Your right that's the 3 fingered banjo playing primate filthy stains supporters you're thinking about.

Shire boys have such a funny sense of humour..

redneck.jpg

Go Nulla

Bench
Is that from your own family album Serb ?. Geez your father looks well, or is that your brother ? ohh yeah probably both lol.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Go nulla is a lightweight, his own forum members think he is a tool - I heard he shares pillow talk with Carcharias.;-)

Acka

Coach

This is 1 i liked-

Actually I believe Danny Wicks was a Grafton Ghosts junior although he did come through our junior system

Latest posts