What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Ennis snub is Bulldogs' blessing

Dogaholic

First Grade
THE Blues' loss is the Bulldogs' gain according to coach Kevin Moore, who will have Michael Ennis in his team this weekend after the boom hooker was overlooked for Origin selection. The Bulldogs will only be missing Ben Hannant for their clash against the Knights after the top-of-the-table side was snubbed by selectors, with Ennis and David Stagg the notable omissions.
Moore admitted former Bronco Ennis was disappointed at being overlooked for Robbie Farah but was ready to help the Bulldogs continue their unlikely charge towards the finals.
"Like any number of fringe players (who) have missed out, I am sure Mick is disappointed," Moore said. "But life goes on. I know Mick would just see it as a challenge to improve himself and become a better player, and he will keep striving to achieve his goals."
Ennis, one of the best buys of the year, has been a revelation for the new-look Bulldogs this season. Moore said: "He has been outstanding for us. And the positive is we don't lose him.
Andrew Johns exclusive: Joey's round 12 verdict
Ins and outs: Full NRL teams for round 12

"Mick even mentioned that now he has a great opportunity to help the team continue on its winning way. As a club we are happy with that and it is a positive that he gets a chance to play with the boys against Newcastle."
However, playmaker Brett Kimmorley is in doubt after suffering a cork in the Bulldogs' win over the Storm and will be given until Sunday to prove his fitness.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25543344-5006066,00.html

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ennis was not snubbed.

Farah is a much better player than him

In some respects yes, Farah is a more complete skills wise. But Ennis does have a great ability to get the other team off there game, and a niggly bloke like that would go great in Origin.

Darryn

Juniors
Is good as Ennis is playing at the moment, Farah was always going to get the hooker gig in SOO. But I don't really mind to be honest, I would rather him be playing for us. I was surprised that David Stagg didn't make the Queensland team though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I know. I can't explain that - he's a workhorse that guy. I think it's mainly because Crocker never got into the UK.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There are other factors BF, notably Johnson is an 80 minute player and has done the job for 3 seasons'. Stagg is not in line for Crocker's spot- different positions- Neville Costigan would be the one on standby for Crocker

Bulldog Force

Referee
There are other factors BF, notably Johnson is an 80 minute player and has done the job for 3 seasons'. Stagg is not in line for Crocker's spot- different positions- Neville Costigan would be the one on standby for Crocker
I was just giving my 2 cents.

Syko

Juniors
while ennis is playign his best football at the dogs, he is still no where near ready for SoO, although the blues need a niggly little sh*t now that the racist gallen it out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Gutless hack, f**k off back to your own forum. Only come in to kick someone while they're down.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I noticed on The Kennel that all the Bulldogs supporters were ripping into Ennis in the match-day thread.

The bloke made 40 tackles, 12 runs for 110m, 1 line break, 2 offloads, and 4 kicks (I think 3 from dummy half).

What more did they expect from him?

Jasdragon

Juniors
I noticed on The Kennel that all the Bulldogs supporters were ripping into Ennis in the match-day thread.

The bloke made 40 tackles, 12 runs for 110m, 1 line break, 2 offloads, and 4 kicks (I think 3 from dummy half).

He did make some crucial errors which he does a lot like, poor kick options, penalties and drop balls.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I didn't see any particularly poor kick options, just his handling let him down a bit. Thought he was a workhorse, best on ground for our boys alongside Eastwood.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I didn't see any particularly poor kick options, just his handling let him down a bit. Thought he was a workhorse, best on ground for our boys alongside Eastwood.
dogs were on a roll, he kicked it dead attempting to do a chip-chase
correct option(with McDonnell not at home) but poorly executed

Bulldog Force

Referee

That's why mate, you were reading the Kennel :lol:

Latest posts