What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly set to trade Michael Bani for Ben Farrar

Disco

Bench
I think there are definate oppurtunities for Farrar.

Williams and Robbo are yet to formally re-sign so there could be a wing spot open, Bailey is yet to really cement his place so there could be a centre spot open (lyon to 5/8) and Stewart is yet to be cleared (please god) so there could be a fullback spot open.

Failing all this, With Matai and Williams injury past and rep duties for Stewart and Lyon Farrar would get plenty of game time

swoop

Juniors
I think there are definate oppurtunities for Farrar.

Williams and Robbo are yet to formally re-sign so there could be a wing spot open, Bailey is yet to really cement his place so there could be a centre spot open (lyon to 5/8) and Stewart is yet to be cleared (please god) so there could be a fullback spot open.

Failing all this, With Matai and Williams injury past and rep duties for Stewart and Lyon Farrar would get plenty of game time

I think Farrar will be a back up centre, fullback, 5/8th and even hooker. With Hall gone we also have the option of putting Bailey at lock, Farrar 5/8th. I think he could also be used at dummy half if Le strange is not re-signed. He'd be great utility value and we could chop and change in all those positions depending on injury or rep duties.

Both Robbo and Williams will probably be retained.

beave

Coach
you guys are definetley getting the better end of this deal I'm afraid................Farrar is a great player, Bani..............the jury is still out for mine. I seem to remember us earlier this year making Bani look a tad silly on a few occasions.

GB!

Juniors
its actually a bad deal for manly financially.
so we swap one average player with a crud player and we have to pay the cows some of farrars contract:crazy:

swoop

Juniors
its actually a bad deal for manly financially.
so we swap one average player with a crud player and we have to pay the cows some of farrars contract:crazy:

Bani’s deal a winner
MICHAEL Bani’s impending move to North Queensland to be closer to his family looks to be a winner for both the player and the Sea Eagles.
Bani was just one year into a three year deal and it’s believed the swap that sees Ben Farrar come the other way is financially beneficial to the NRL premiers.
Hopefully that will allow the club to step up their bids to keep a hold of both skipper Matt Orford and young gun Jared Waerea-Hargreaves beyond 2009.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blindside27/

GB!

Juniors
if we are financially better off with farrar then i'm all for the trade.
i read somewhere on the official forum that the swap may mean we have t0o pay the cows some of farrars contract?

roopy

Referee
Farrar was a centre as a junior in Newcastle, and played a season of PL as a centre at the Knights aged 18 before being poached by Parra and spending two season in Flegg with a few games of PL before being cut.
I don't think he grew an inch after turning 18, but he is still good for his size.

Talanexor

Juniors
He's got good hands, a bit of pace and a great leap considering he's not the tallest winger around. His defence is also pretty solid. Great signing for you guys - I'm just super pissed we let him go. Much better player than Bani in my opinion, and not just for his utility value.

SMOKEY

Juniors
He's got good hands, a bit of pace and a great leap considering he's not the tallest winger around. His defence is also pretty solid. Great signing for you guys - I'm just super pissed we let him go. Much better player than Bani in my opinion, and not just for his utility value.
Bani Will get you PLENTY of Trys!!!:cool:;-)

....as long as the ball gets out to the Wings!!!:p