What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit of good news cuthbo a shark

kal83

Juniors
it's official
NRL
Article from:
Adam Cuthbertson signs with Cronulla Sharks

0,,6678778,00.jpg
Opportunity ... Adam Cuthbertson is looking for a fresh start at Cronulla. Photograph: Mark Evans / The Daily Telegraph

MANLY back-rower Adam Cuthbertson last night signed a two-year deal with the Sharks. Cuthbertson confirmed he would shift to the Shire next year and was keen to further his career and shoot for representative glory under Ricky Stuart.
The 24-year-old was selected for City last month but was forced to pull out after he tore ligaments in his elbow.
"I'm not leaving Manly on bad terms. I've been there since I was 15," Cuthbertson said.
"I just see the move to Cronulla as a new opportunity and fresh start.
"I want to be established as a starting player and, in terms of representative duties, it will be hard to make those sides when I'm coming off the bench.
"I sat down and had a talk with Ricky about where he was at with his team. There's a young pack there and he seemed to be excited to have me."

Cuthbertson was not fazed by Cronulla's spot on the ladder or the constant drama away from the field.
The Avalon junior, who missed a start in the Sea Eagles' Grand Final win last season, said the premiers were starting to gain momentum and he wanted to finish 2009 on a high.

El Chivato

Juniors
El Chivato says:
"Onward Christian Soldiers!!!!!!!"
Cuthbo a great man to take over the Preacher duties of the wonderful David Simmons.

La Beauf loves redcrack!!

McLovin

Staff member
Great signing...I've always rated him as a player tbh...

Where do we play him though??

Eion

First Grade
He strikes me as a prop. He's big enough, can carry a few with him - offload. Got a bit of lazzo about him.

Good signing imo. Well done sticky.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
You wont get much from the Manly fans most of us were sick of his horrible offloads in the worst of times. 90% of his offloads went to the opposition.
thats the sort of reaction I was interested in. what the manly fans thought of him.

rickywalford1

First Grade
I heard a whisper yesterday you are having a crack at L'Estrange as well.
Possibly a case of once bitten, twice shy though.

Since 73

First Grade
Ross will be gone.
Older bloke - too many injuries making way for younger pup.

Like it.

eagles4eva

First Grade
I was a fan of Cuthbertson, was the odd offload that went awol, but solid, young & strong. I reckon he is a great buy

The Dodger

First Grade
i rate cuthbertson.

came on as an impact player last year for manly and from what i remember, used to cause a bit of havoc to tired defence.

like surely said, his offloads will develop.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Atleast now with Stapleton we'll have someone for him to offload too.

Anyone know how much we payed?

Inferno

Coach
Interesting him talking about wanting to be a starting player. Although he'd be a better chance of starting in the backrow, surely he was purchased as a prop?

Him and Snowy starting, Dougie, Gall and Toops backrow, bench of Mannah, Milo, Vea and a hooker?

Eion

First Grade
That's where his future lies for mine - in the props. I'd still have him off the bench replacing snowy or dougie. He should be happy just playing firsts.

Latest posts