What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sharks win the Premiership?

no name

Coach
I think it's fair to say that if you lose to an Easts side minus Anasta you are definitely contenders... For the spoon.

Loving the "premature-ness" of the thread. It was only ever going to end in tears...
The thread was started by a non Sharks supporter and the majority of their fans said they still would struggle to make the 8, so I don't think many tears were shed....

Jubileeboy

First Grade
:lol:

Bottom line is, you merged because you couldn't stand alone.

Because if you could of, you would of.

Clear enough for you now, wanker?

More dribble....
You are the reason why there should be an IQ test prior to being granted LU membership.
More seriously harsh words from the king of fools but I guess you just can't help yourself.
Please continue with the personal insults and your ability to strive for goose of the week /year / whatever. I, like many others, always find your input good for a laugh and am in a strange kind of way starting to feel a bit sorry for you.
You do not know what you are talking about....you should not pretend to know what you are talking about.....your teeny mates might be impressed but we're not. Talk about try-hard...pfftt!!

It was an opportunity that strengthened the Dragons being in the comp.
It gave The Steelers an opportunity to remain in the NRL/ARL rather than fold.
It was a good fit geographically with a huge nursery of junior players.
It was a financial coup - no denying but those funds soon dried up when you consider the playing roster involved and the need for two training facilities, leagues clubs and grounds.
All sanctioned by the hierarchy that were in charge of both of the clubs and the competition.
This was another nail in the coffin of the Murdoch owned 'Super League'.

Why do you not harp on about Wests/Tigers merge?
Are you too young to remember Manly / Bears? How did that work out for them?

Jealousy? :lol:

Am I right in thinking you are a Souffs supporter? Therefore not having anything else to look forward to until the next Charity Shield (aka Souffs Grand Final).

As has been said by many others, many times before.....we have accepted what happened and have moved on. We as supporters are comfortable with the outcome and the financial viability of our great club.
Like many other clubs, we have not been as successful on the field as we would have liked......That is footy....That is why we continue to be passionate about our team, probably not unlike yourself!

Hey... but keep trying. One day you might stumble across something slightly factual.....but I doubt it....lol
In the mean time I will continue to enjoy replying to your 'great knowledge of all things about footy posts'.....some funny stuff in there!
However, you really should think about what you are going to say before you hit 'submit reply'.

To others...sorry this has gone off topic.

Won't be this year Sharks !

Fein

First Grade
More dribble....
You are the reason why there should be an IQ test prior to being granted LU membership.
More seriously harsh words from the king of fools but I guess you just can't help yourself.
Please continue with the personal insults and your ability to strive for goose of the week /year / whatever. I, like many others, always find your input good for a laugh and am in a strange kind of way starting to feel a bit sorry for you.
You do not know what you are talking about....you should not pretend to know what you are talking about.....your teeny mates might be impressed but we're not. Talk about try-hard...pfftt!!

It was an opportunity that strengthened the Dragons being in the comp.
It gave The Steelers an opportunity to remain in the NRL/ARL rather than fold.
It was a good fit geographically with a huge nursery of junior players.
It was a financial coup - no denying but those funds soon dried up when you consider the playing roster involved and the need for two training facilities, leagues clubs and grounds.
All sanctioned by the hierarchy that were in charge of both of the clubs and the competition.
This was another nail in the coffin of the Murdoch owned 'Super League'.

Why do you not harp on about Wests/Tigers merge?
Are you too young to remember Manly / Bears? How did that work out for them?

Jealousy? :lol:

Am I right in thinking you are a Souffs supporter? Therefore not having anything else to look forward to until the next Charity Shield (aka Souffs Grand Final).

As has been said by many others, many times before.....we have accepted what happened and have moved on. We as supporters are comfortable with the outcome and the financial viability of our great club.
Like many other clubs, we have not been as successful on the field as we would have liked......That is footy....That is why we continue to be passionate about our team, probably not unlike yourself!

Hey... but keep trying. One day you might stumble across something slightly factual.....but I doubt it....lol
In the mean time I will continue to enjoy replying to your 'great knowledge of all things about footy posts'.....some funny stuff in there!
However, you really should think about what you are going to say before you hit 'submit reply'.

To others...sorry this has gone off topic.

Won't be this year Sharks !

lol - I hope that fanciful rant didn't take you too long to concoct!

You certainly have no idea but that's OK, it's your entitlement as a merged scum fan. ;-)

*submits reply*

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Can the Sharks win the premiership? They can't even beat the Roosters ...

Firey_Dragon

Coach

You certainly have no idea but that's OK, it's your entitlement as a merged scum fan. ;-)

*submits reply*
I suggest you actually do some googling and look up the history. The fact of the matter is, we merged, but the St George end did not need it to stay afloat. However the incentives provided by the ARL/NRL and the lure of a much larger junior nursery were quite tempting for the administration of the club.

All of it is irrelevant though, we are now St George Illawarra, two clubs with two separate histories prior to 1999, and a singular one beyond that.

Being a Souths fan, it's a bit rich to have a go at another club for their history in relation to financial or administration reasons, or spoons.

Jasdragon

Juniors
I suggest you actually do some googling and look up the history. The fact of the matter is, we merged, but the St George end did not need it to stay afloat. However the incentives provided by the ARL/NRL and the lure of a much larger junior nursery were quite tempting for the administration of the club.

All of it is irrelevant though, we are now St George Illawarra, two clubs with two separate histories prior to 1999, and a singular one beyond that.

Being a Souths fan, it's a bit rich to have a go at another club for their history in relation to financial or administration reasons, or spoons.

It's a Joint Venture not a Merger they are different things.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
holtreutersblog.jpg

not till this guy sees the porch light .

Fein

First Grade

You non-Illawarra side of the merger love to paint an extraordinarily inaccurate picture of denial when it comes to what took place "way back when".

You also love to put sh*t on other clubs, especially The Sharks because they've "won bugger all".

For some strange reason, reminding you lot that you've also won nothing is too much to handle for many here.

I acknowledge Souths track record since the late 80's to 2006 was atrocious however, I would like to think that the supporters got off their arses and fought for change in the same manner we fought to survive in our own right.

Another club that has recently undertaken the hard yards is also a club that many of you lot also like to put sh*t on, Parramatta.

I sincerely look forward to the day when they win another premiership - I know many of you lot would seethe at that prospect.

And now we have Cronulla, battered from pillar to post and their members are also facing a watershed moment.

Delivering change will hopefully kick start them into a golden period and their long suffering fans will see at least one premiership.

It probably won't be this year but as long as it's soon, I'd be stoked for them.

You lot wouldn't be though, you're just haters.

I believe the hate stems from the merge.

It's portrayed by those most affected by that scar as "a takeover", or the even more laughable "it's not a merger, it's a joint venture". :lol:

Carn' The Sharks.

They've managed to survive in their own right and I'll continue to respect them for it.

_snafu_

Immortal

*submits reply*

Is that the best response you've got?

Super Owl

Juniors
Are you kidding Fein? The Sharks didn't survive on "by their own right" ...they survived by selling out to Rupert and taking the cash...and they don't even have that any more!

drake

First Grade
You non-Illawarra side of the merger love to paint an extraordinarily inaccurate picture of denial when it comes to what took place "way back when".

You also love to put sh*t on other clubs, especially The Sharks because they've "won bugger all".

For some strange reason, reminding you lot that you've also won nothing is too much to handle for many here.

I acknowledge Souths track record since the late 80's to 2006 was atrocious however, I would like to think that the supporters got off their arses and fought for change in the same manner we fought to survive in our own right.

Another club that has recently undertaken the hard yards is also a club that many of you lot also like to put sh*t on, Parramatta.

I sincerely look forward to the day when they win another premiership - I know many of you lot would seethe at that prospect.

And now we have Cronulla, battered from pillar to post and their members are also facing a watershed moment.

Delivering change will hopefully kick start them into a golden period and their long suffering fans will see at least one premiership.

It probably won't be this year but as long as it's soon, I'd be stoked for them.

You lot wouldn't be though, you're just haters.

I believe the hate stems from the merge.

It's portrayed by those most affected by that scar as "a takeover", or the even more laughable "it's not a merger, it's a joint venture". :lol:

Carn' The Sharks.

They've managed to survive in their own right and I'll continue to respect them for it.
Typical Souffs fan. Come crying when you want help getting your club back into the comp, then spity on everyone.

Pride of the league, my arse. The only reason you guys have a team is pity.

Tell me. (Not having a go at you for the record)
Gaba kept telling this to me a while ago, what do you find is the difference?

Technically a Joint Venture is a temporary partnership, where as a Merger is permanent. Not having read the fine print I do not know which is the most appropriate to describe the St George Illawarra agreement.

t-ba

Post Whore
As laid out in the Constitution

Part IX: Cronulla-Sutherland Rugby League football club

s129
Any Rugby League team from the Sutherland Shire is strictly forbidden from winning a major rugby league trophy.

Latest posts