What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Minor Premiers?

Disco

Bench
Ok so before you all jump on me, this is IF we beat the dragons and that is a very very big if.

But if we do happen to take the two points on Sunday i think we could be a very outside chance on finishing minor premiers, i mean it of course is very unlikely, but victory would put us only 4 points off the lead with a decent run home, Stewart returning and The Dogs playing the Titans the following week.

As i said, very unlikely but we have won 6 of our last 7 with the one loss to the titans clearly a cecchin mistake.

and no, this is not based on one win against the dogs:roll:

t-ba

Post Whore
I think a top four finish would be nice. We've left our run much too late for the MP...

Big Time

Juniors
As you all keep telling us, the Dragons will choke sooner or later. We have had a good run though.

Maybe Sea Eagles can be minor premiers. Brett Stewart (God, saviour whatever you wish to call him) will be back soon. I have heard he has grown a beard and taken to wearing a white sheet and handing out loaves of bread and fish to the homeless in Sydney during his extended break. He has quite a following and some people have been seen laying down palm leaves for him to walk over.

Last edited:

Big Time

Juniors
Both teams depth will be tested. Dragons stood up against Penrith with a lot of players out. Manly struggled earlier in the season with their back up players. No doubt will be confident after a good couple of months though so will be interesting. Should be a good game, but would have been nice to have seen it played a couple of weeks later with everyone there.

Whilst Lyon was ruled out of SOO3 will he be fit for Sunday??

GB!

Juniors
might have left MP run a bit short, but put your mums house on manly to win the comp!

Garts

Bench
No chance. We would need to go virtually undeafeted and other teams would need to stumble badly. I am hoping for a 5th place finish.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ok so before you all jump on me, this is IF we beat the dragons and that is a very very big if.

But if we do happen to take the two points on Sunday i think we could be a very outside chance on finishing minor premiers, i mean it of course is very unlikely, but victory would put us only 4 points off the lead with a decent run home, Stewart returning and The Dogs playing the Titans the following week.

As i said, very unlikely but we have won 6 of our last 7 with the one loss to the titans clearly a cecchin mistake.

and no, this is not based on one win against the dogs:roll:
You guys will be a mathematic chance, but on top of that, you'll need plenty of other results going your way which I can't see happening. Basically, if you guys lose on Sunday, kiss it goodbye. Other teams are in much better form this season and want it more.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'd say so.

I know it's a dross sport, but the Carrara Bearlions won three consecutive flogball premierships earlier in the decade and didn't secure a single minor premiership at the time. The key is to be anywhere above 7th and firing come the final few weeks.

Rodent

Bench
Dragons have 7 forwards missing(Weyman, Poore, Creagh, Jeremy Smith, Prior, Costigan and Paea) and will still beat Manly.....I think that says it all.

Cletus

First Grade
I was actually thinking about having a bet on it, we're 40 to 1 which is a nice price. Unlikely though and the Dragons will probably beat us this week.

Gaba

First Grade
if manly win al ltheir game they will finish on 38 points

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, they'd be relying on teams like us, Saints, Melbourne, Gold Coast etc to fall over big time. People seem to be looking at us as a team to fall, I beg to differ, we'll have most of our players back for the Titans game if not the week after vs Parra. Our run in is relatively easy too, if memory serves.

gong_eagle

First Grade
As you all keep telling us, the Dragons will choke sooner or later. We have had a good run though.

Maybe Sea Eagles can be minor premiers. Brett Stewart (God, saviour whatever you wish to call him) will be back soon. I have heard he has grown a beard and taken to wearing a white sheet and handing out loaves of bread and fish to the homeless in Sydney during his extended break. He has quite a following and some people have been seen laying down palm leaves for him to walk over.

did you see him @ Ashfield ?

Latest posts