What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geoff Daniela

Fibroman

First Grade
Wright is pedestrian. Isa is even slower. I would go as far as to say that a Tortoise and a snail would beat Isa in a match race.

Kilkenny

Coach
Daniella is not a centre. He just hasn't got it. I think he would be a really useful winger, playing outside the likes of Jennings, Gordon and Waddell. His speed and ability to evade tackles is his main attribute.

Deadset Daniella is the most over rated player at this club.

He was non existant tonight, but having said that rarely contributes anything.

Daniella should not be re-signed offers nothing.

abpanther

Staff member
I agree and I re-iterate what I already posted, solid first grader but not worth breaking the bank for, Tia Kilifi has already shown me more...

Fibroman

First Grade
Deadset Daniella is the most over rated player at this club.

He was non existant tonight, but having said that rarely contributes anything.

Daniella should not be re-signed offers nothing.

Fibro knows best. Daniella will only do wel playing outside the likes of Jennings. He cant tackle and he cant break tackles. He has a bit of speed but that's it.

While I'm on the band wagon, and I'm sorry jarrod and Mrs Sammut, but Jarros is just not up to first grade. He had a reasonable shot at running down that winger on the intercept, but stumbled and fell over and was never going to get there.

I would have a $100 with anyone on this forum, right now, that I would go out tomorrow after 6 schooners at aged 42 and no training for a long time, and I would beat Sammut over 100m.

maple_69

Bench
I agree Fibro, he is currently lacking confidence and has really offered nothing since Coote went down. I think Coote was always the better option and I love Sammut but where to put him..

tiger_nick

Bench
He cant tackle and he cant break tackles.

sounds like a sheens/mcdonnell style signing...

i hear we are close to getting him, woolnough and arana taumata. plenty of bargain buys there to go with tame tupou.

pity cause most of our signings from penrith have been alright. elford was solid, whatiura was fantastic and danny galea has actually been very good.

ive watched daniela play on numerous occassions and not once has he impressed me.

mxlegend99

Referee
Danny Galea was an extremely underrated player IMO. Exceptional defender and while his attack was far from great, he atleast didn't make many errors to put his team under pressure.

Kilkenny

Coach
Danny Galea was an extremely underrated player IMO. Exceptional defender and while his attack was far from great, he atleast didn't make many errors to put his team under pressure.

I agree. Was disappointed when he was not resigned. Was never gonna be a Michael Jennings in attack but was very useful for his utility value alone. Given a choice between Danny Galea and Bob Blair I would suggest Galea wins hands down.

Fibroman

First Grade
Blair has been a chronic underachiever.

He is big, strong and fast. He possesses a reasonable long kicking game, but doesn't concentrate and is obviously a lazy trainer.

Kilkenny

Coach
Blair has been a chronic underachiever.

He is big, strong and fast. He possesses a reasonable long kicking game, but doesn't concentrate and is obviously a lazy trainer.

Blair showed some promise a couple of seasons back but sadly has not come on and needs to be shown the door.

Daniela is the most over rated player ever and likewise can be allowed to move on. People talk about how fast Daniela is, well I would like to see. I can honestly say I've never seen him make a break and get into open space.

Fibroman

First Grade
Blair showed some promise a couple of seasons back but sadly has not come on and needs to be shown the door.

Daniela is the most over rated player ever and likewise can be allowed to move on. People talk about how fast Daniela is, well I would like to see. I can honestly say I've never seen him make a break and get into open space.

Tighe is a better option than Daniella.

mxlegend99

Referee
Daniela > Tighe

People are quick to jump on Daniela after one bad game, while Tighe has only ever had bad games. Every week he is finding a new way to butcher a try. Meanwhile Daniela has found a way to have a try awarded when he shouldn't have.

maple_69

Bench
I'd like to see Daniela get a crack on the wing outside Jennings again. They were deadly together last stint they served and I think a Gordon/JTK right flank could be equally deadly.
Interesting to see if Gordon is brought into the centers when he's back..

mortz

never seen him in open space, but i saw him run down brett morris twice at wollongong

mxlegend99

Referee
When we played the Dragons earlier this season. He managed to turn and chase and catch him in no time. To be fair to him, he was out injured for a while witha k nee problem, and he might not have that pace at the moment.

He's no Michael Jennings, but he is certainly very quick.

Kilkenny

Coach
It would be interesting to know whether we actually attempted to retain Geoff Daniela or allowed him to leave with making him an offer.

I truly hope the rumours from a couple of weeks back about Brett Delaney are not true as I have watched him closely since the rumours surfaced and frankly I can see why the Gold Coast are not desperate to retain him. He is an average first grader, who can hit the ball up and make a few metres but is never gonna make a break or create opportunities for his winger. I fail to see what he has shown with the Gold Coast to encourage us to be interested in him. I guess that is why I am a frustrated supporter and not a paid employee on the recruitment team.

Latest posts