What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Nuke

Staff member
I don't mind the two Gold Coast regular season jerseys (main and alternate). I wouldn't necessarily have had several swords on the front -kinda reminds me of a peacock's tail or a fan- but I don't mind it too much.

That 'heritage' jersey is a shocker. Not only because there's nothing heritage about it, but because it just looks crap. Surely someone could come up with a more relevent jersey to call a heritage jersey, or at least a better design that they could call an alternative jersey (like the way Parra has 3 jerseys). Not that Gold Coast need a 3rd jersey as an alternative anyway (in my opinion). If their home/blue jersey clashes with another team's, then the away/white jersey should be fine as an alternative. A 3rd jersey is just a waste of time and can only really be for $$$.

The Titan's new home strip looks alright. The away would look better without the swords. The "heritage" strip looks like some 6 year old entered a colouring in competition.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Titans want a heritage jersey?

What's wrong with this one... the Giants jersey from 1988. Sure, it's not the Tits, but it pays homage to the first incarnation.

125px-GCoastgiants.png

Surely it can be designed to incorporate the current colours of the Titans jersey.

beagle

Juniors
The Titans want a heritage jersey?

What's wrong with this one... the Giants jersey from 1988. Sure, it's not the Tits, but it pays homage to the first incarnation.

125px-GCoastgiants.png

Surely it can be designed to incorporate the current colours of the Titans jersey.

Why can't the Titans wear these colours for the Heritage round? The Warriors wore the dark blue this year which I think were Auckland Rugby League heritage colours, not Warriors colours.

miccle

Bench
Why can't the Titans wear these colours for the Heritage round? The Warriors wore the dark blue this year which I think were Auckland Rugby League heritage colours, not Warriors colours.

Yep, ditto the navy Cowboys number which is Townsville's heritage colours.

I'd love to see the Titans wear that jersey for heritage round.

Nuke

Staff member
I agree that the Gold Coast Giants jersey posted above should be the Titans heritage jersey. Different colours shouldn't hinder them from doing this. Like others have mentioned, NZ Warriors have used the Auckland rep jersey, Nth Qld have used the NQ rep jersey, and Newcastle have used the red-&-white 1908 Newcastle jersey.

I would also like to see Gold Coast use the Chargers jersey at some stage. The Titans colours would be easy to transfer across to the Chargers jersey.
jersey2.jpg

I agree that the Gold Coast Giants jersey posted above should be the Titans heritage jersey. Different colours shouldn't hinder them from doing this. Like others have mentioned, NZ Warriors have used the Auckland rep jersey, Nth Qld have used the NQ rep jersey, and Newcastle have used the red-&-white 1908 Newcastle jersey.

I would also like to see Gold Coast use the Chargers jersey at some stage. The Titans colours would be easy to transfer across to the Chargers jersey.
jersey2.jpg
This has to be the 3rd worst jersey in history, behind Brisbane's Aqua effort and the current Penrith alternate strip!

Nuke

Staff member
I suppose that's why humans aren't like sheep. We all think differently. I have always liked that jersey, and actually don't mind the current Penrith alternative jersey. At least it's using the club colours (unlike several other NRL teams' alternative jerseys).

Knightmare

Coach
I agree, I actually like Penrith's away jersey. They have enough colours to warrant a more 'complex' jersey, and the jagged lines make me think of a Panther's claws for some reason. And as pointed out, at least their away jersey incorporates all of the club's colours.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
I'll be surprised if they end up having the Adidas 3 stripes on the new Titans strip.

I'm pretty sure St George had to get rid of the Liverpool style alternate jumper that was all red with three white stripes down the sleeves as the NRL didn't want "sub-branding".

The new home one is good. Plain white wouldn't have hurt for the alternate.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Dragons still have the three stripes on the shoulders...

d1_gallery__470x297.jpg

The Tank

Bench
I'll be surprised if they end up having the Adidas 3 stripes on the new Titans strip.

I'm pretty sure St George had to get rid of the Liverpool style alternate jumper that was all red with three white stripes down the sleeves as the NRL didn't want "sub-branding".

The new home one is good. Plain white wouldn't have hurt for the alternate.

I don't think so, otherwise the Warriors wouldn't have that god-awful design on their shirts. I think the Dragons choose not to have the three stripes on their home shirt because their shirt is traditionally all white with a red vee.

I like the fact that adidas can make an otherwise boring shirt a little bit more interesting. I love what they've done with most Major League Soccer shirts. Clubs like Penrith, Melbourne, the Warriors, and Newcastle would look really good with adidas shirts I think.

Timmah

Staff member
Problem is, I'm pretty sure adidas always limit themselves to one club per code.

Problem is, I'm pretty sure adidas always limit themselves to one club per code.

There are at least three AFL clubs with adidas (Collingwood, Adelaide, Essendon).

On the Saints away shirt, I really don't claim to know anything but it was my understanding that we had to change from the stripes down the sleeves to stripes across the sleeves due to some sort of branding issued.

I'm quite happy to give Reebok a go, so long as they:

(a) Don't shorten the V,
(b) Don't drop the goatee and
(c) Don't give us the crappy standard design away shirt used by Melbourne and Manly.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Most strips aren't really looked at until September/October/November.