What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Williams

mxlegend99

Referee
this is what makes my blood boil - willaims is getting bashed for inglis making him look like a fool yet inglis did the same to jennings twice - yet he played good - do you people actually watch the game
Jennings was playing injured AND on the wrong side of the field. Had he not been stuck with David Williams as his winger and been playing on the left hand side he would have killed it.

He was the better centre IMO, and he was the bloke out of position.

hellteam

First Grade
Patsy can you just stop your ridiculous bias towards Manly. Williams is one of the worst ever Origin players.

How funny was it how they swapped Williams after a while to defend in the centres against Tonga and then he just beat him on the outside as well.

Well done NSW though

beave

Coach
I would love to see the reverse angle on the Kimmorley tackle on Inglis over the sideline, that front on angle showed FA, it looked like Kimmorley had Inglis's leg over the sideline in the air, but channel nein wouldn't show the damn reverse angle during the replays.

Dee

Juniors
I would love to see the reverse angle on the Kimmorley tackle on Inglis over the sideline, that front on angle showed FA, it looked like Kimmorley had Inglis's leg over the sideline in the air, but channel nein wouldn't show the damn reverse angle during the replays.
agreed mate, would have been bloody close but from the front angle, there was absolutely no evidence to say he even went out. From his knee was on the ground inside the field of play, but he had his whole shin/foot in the air, right until the tackle was over and he got nudged over the side. Would be interesting to see a reverse angle as you said.

Patsy

Juniors
Patsy can you just stop your ridiculous bias towards Manly. Williams is one of the worst ever Origin players.

How funny was it how they swapped Williams after a while to defend in the centres against Tonga and then he just beat him on the outside as well.

Well done NSW though

i have said before there are better out there but he is being bashed for playing a compressed defence while others who made similar misses are deemed to have played well - that is my point.

Lungfish

Juniors
He dropped the first ball but stole the ball which lead to our first try.They were playing an up and in defence so he was under pressure a fair bit.

It wasnt his best but he scored a try and was OK for his second gaME.
Lets burn him at the steak for not playing his best...f**ken arm chair critics! You will never get perfection..:crazy: To top it off the man of the series was a New South Welshmen.Well done Queensland :roll:

Patsy

Juniors
He dropped the first ball but stole the ball which lead to our first try.They were playing an up and in defence so he was under pressure a fair bit.

It wasnt his best but he scored a try and was OK for his second gaME.
Lets burn him at the steak for not playing his best...f**ken arm chair critics! You will never get perfection..:crazy: To top it off the man of the series was a New South Welshmen.Well done Queensland :roll:

thank god - someone who actually watches footy and knows something about the game - where have you been?

Kiki

First Grade
Agree with the ppl saying Cooper can defend on Inglis. He should be there.

beave

Coach
and here come the Manly brigade, honestly, open your other eye you f$%king biased a$$clowns. I can't believe your club support blindly shields him of any criticism. He was absolute trash out there tonight, don't even try your Manly loving diatribe in here, because he was an absolute liability out there and should be ashamed of his effort.

aqua_duck

Coach
he didn't steal the ball, kimmorley forced the error and wolfhack picked it up. What I'm pointing out is Turner and McManus weren't nearly as bad in defence as Williams was tonight yet were labelled worst ever etc etc and they didn't gift wrap tries for QLD either.
In Game 1 McManus failed to stop a rampaging Inglis over the top as part of a 3 man tackle involving Wallace and Lyon and then got outpaced on the outside in the 2nd half after a QLD offload and a brilliant Thurston pass, yet because of those 2 minor errors is labelled worst ever what can you say about Williams who got palmed off infinate amount of times and gifted them a try as well?
I won't even mention his contribution in game 2.

aqua_duck

Coach
and here come the Manly brigade, honestly, open your other eye you f$%king biased a$$clowns. I can't believe your club support blindly shields him of any criticism. He was absolute trash out there tonight, don't even try your Manly loving diatribe in here, because he was an absolute liability out there and should be ashamed of his effort.
As a QLD would you say Williams was one of QLD's biggest contributors tonight and would there be a big party in QLD if Wolfhack was picked again next year?

Parraren

Bench
Agree with the ppl saying Cooper can defend on Inglis. He should be there.

The funny thing is, the selectors were hell bent on picking pea heart Lyon (who didn't want to play) because they felt they needed some experience in the backline, yet Cooper is overlooked for all 3 games.

I'd have Cooper over Lyon in a heartbeat.

Patsy

Juniors

why cause he did what the coach said and defended 15-20 m in field.

how many tries did they score from it?

compressed defence lead to barely a break up the centre - must have worked ah?

can you people please read the rugby league textbook for dummies

beave

Coach
As a QLD would you say Williams was one of QLD's biggest contributors tonight and would there be a big party in QLD if Wolfhack was picked again next year?

Yeah mate, I think Bozo got his way by having that imposter of a player included in your squad.

I think you guys were dudded all along by not having both the Morris boys on the wings, Jennings and Cooper in the centres, with Hayne at fullback.

I know you are a knights fan, but I don't think Gidley deserves to be there either, but that's just me.

Yosh

Coach
Jesus WORST WINGER EVER! Amazing performance I mean I thought Turner was bad but this guy was comical!!! He seroiusly won that Wally Lewis award for Inglis tonight, Iglis definately owes David Williams a fat one for making him look so good out there... Jeeez he was terrible... I am lost for words.

Parraren

Bench
Yeah mate, I think Bozo got his way by having that imposter of a player included in your squad.

I think you guys were dudded all along by not having both the Morris boys on the wings, Jennings and Cooper in the centres, with Hayne at fullback.

I know you are a knights fan, but I don't think Gidley deserves to be there either, but that's just me.

Jeez, you bloody QLDers even know how to pick a NSW side better than we can.

Agree 100%.

Although if B Stewart is fit and out of jail he's our fullback.

Either..

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Morris (either)

OR

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Morris

Both backlines vastly better than our current one.

Latest posts