What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R21 Mon :: Tigers 19 Sea Eagles 18 @ SFS

Round 21 :: Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cletus

First Grade
Manly should have really stolen that one that was very dumb from Orford!

Hall should have passed it in the play before that and Orford should have gone for the field goal. He only missed the last field goal by a coat of varnish, it was very close to golden point anyway and we would have won golden point the way the momemtum was going.

Apey

Staff member
you are kidding aren't you, Manly may have finished with 1 more penalty, but hey,reality is.... the tiges got a head start of 4 penalties. were offside the whole 1st half(unless they are extremely fast off the line, had 55% of ball, and manly made way more errors.

Wests had several more sets on manlys line and only managed 1 try through there own play.... very lucky

Solid win though, though I doubt they make the 8 with that effort.
Good luck to them!

:lol:

Tiger's last penalty was in the 7th minute according to some people here. I know they definitely didn't get one in the second half though.

Manly were lying all over them in the ruck the whole game.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Just saw the end again and Glenn Hall absolutley butchered it by being so selfish at the end, why have him on the bench to play the last 6minutes anyway

I think it is a coaching strategy to stretch match fitness. I'm sure Des did this last year at about this time.

mepelthwack

Juniors
you are kidding aren't you, Manly may have finished with 1 more penalty, but hey,reality is.... the tiges got a head start of 4 penalties. were offside the whole 1st half(unless they are extremely fast off the line, had 55% of ball, and manly made way more errors.

Wests had several more sets on manlys line and only managed 1 try through there own play.... very lucky

Solid win though, though I doubt they make the 8 with that effort.
Good luck to them!

Those 4 penaltys the Tigers got in the first 7 minutes (apparently Manly were angels for the remaining 73 minutes) rewarded them with a whole 2 points!

Pretty sure Manly had more tackles on Tigers line as well in that first half, let alone the 2nd.

Tigers may still not make the 8 but I think based on that effort they're in with a good show and that's a compliment to Manly as well.

Last edited:

Lungfish

Juniors
Tigers scored 3 tries off Manly attacking kicks.They never looked like they could dominate.Manly are still 40& off there best....they better f ire up for f**ks sake!!

Lungfish

Juniors
Those 4 penaltys the Tigers got in the first 7 minutes (apparently Manly were angels for the remaining 73 minutes) rewarded them with a whole 2 points!

Pretty sure Manly had more tackles on Tigers line as well in that first half, let alone the 2nd.

Tigers may still not make the 8 but I think based on that effort they're in with a good show and that's a compliment to Manly as well.

No No No NO no No NO NO ... wake up fool.Manly held them out on there line for the first half.Manly shouldve put you awway in the second half.Tigers got lucky ...that is the truth ...

Chook Norris

First Grade
the stats[at the end] showed that Manly were on top in every facet of the game, apart from their completion rate

Tigers won the vital parts of the game that mattered though and made good use of their opportunities

No No No NO no No NO NO ... wake up fool.Manly held them out on there line for the first half.Manly shouldve put you awway in the second half.Tigers got lucky ...that is the truth ...

good teams create there own luck through hard work ;-),
btw im sick of manly trying to win games on the back of 1 player,if they didnt have stewart in the first meeting we would of smashed them and now its watmough :?

the stats[at the end] showed that Manly were on top in every facet of the game, apart from their completion rate

Tigers won the vital parts of the game that mattered though and made good use of their opportunities

you know how many times we have done that ?about 4 ,we have outplayed teams on stats but never got the win ,about time we got one back

mepelthwack

Juniors

I'll go check those half time stats a lil later n get back to you on that. How was it that all Tigers trys were long range again?

Should've, would've, could've, didn't.

Cletus

First Grade

good teams create there own luck through hard work ;-),
btw im sick of manly trying to win games on the back of 1 player,if they didnt have stewart in the first meeting we would of smashed them and now its watmough :?

So one player can beat the entire Tigers team:lol:. Come on, Benji has won a few games for you guys, he still couldn't do it without the rest of the team playing well.