What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave 2010 lineup

beave

Coach
this years line up is pants. After 2 awesome years on the metal stage, they throw up this crap.......Trivium, get the f#$k outta here.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm there for Faith no More mostly.
Hopefully I'll get to check out acts I've heard so much about like Meshugah. Already seen Trivium, so not to fussed that they'll most likely be clashing with FNM.

Just listening to Isis now on the official SW website. Very cool, will hopefully catch these guys.

Last year was a better line up with In flames, LOG, DD etc.
Still this will be better than anything BDO throws up.

Last edited:

BLKOUT!

Juniors
This line-up is a pretty big step backwards IMO... though when I was 16/17 I would've loved it. I'm hoping Alexisonfire, It Dies Today, A Wilhelm Scream, Emarosa, Comeback Kid and Anti-Flag do some sort of side shows. Otherwise I guess I'll have to buy a ticket. Although to be honest I'd be satisfied with just a Comeback Kid/Emarosa/AWS combination.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
This lineup is so much better than 2009's FFS. Faith No More!!! One of the best bands of the last 20-25 years, then you've got another massive act in Jane's Addiction. The emo androtops will be pleased with My Chemical Romance and all that sh*te, but at least this year they actually have REAL metal bands on the bill: Anvil and Messhugah. The lack of crappy nu sh*t like Lame of God and Devildriver is quite pleasing to me.

Plus Isis are always great live; and Eagles of Death Metal for some fun rock 'n roll. Shall be great. FNM is worth admission alone! I saw them twice recently in Europe and they were amazing to say the least.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This lineup is so much better than 2009's FFS. Faith No More!!! One of the best bands of the last 20-25 years, then you've got another massive act in Jane's Addiction. The emo androtops will be pleased with My Chemical Romance and all that sh*te, but at least this year they actually have REAL metal bands on the bill: Anvil and Messhugah. The lack of crappy nu sh*t like Lame of God and Devildriver is quite pleasing to me.

Plus Isis are always great live; and Eagles of Death Metal for some fun rock 'n roll. Shall be great. FNM is worth admission alone! I saw them twice recently in Europe and they were amazing to say the least.

(1) LOG is NOT nu metal

(2) You hate on LOG but you rate Eagles Of Death Metal?

Apey

Staff member
Pigeons of sh*t metal :sarcasm:

Jane's addiction though!! <3

Carnifex

Juniors

woah. you know nothin about metal.

LESStar58

Referee
Anti-Flag and The Creepshow. Will wait for sideshows by both. I heard a rumour about FNM and it's turned out to be true.

I also heard Rancid and No Doubt. I will spray my shorts if that turns out to be true!

Oh, and the Weakerthans!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
woah. you know nothin about metal.

Eh shut up mate, you have no idea what I listen to; and I listen to heaps of metal; true metal. None of this new wave (oh sorry I said 'NU' before, have a cry) American horsesh*t. Anvil are a metal band; I think Lamb of God are just bloody ordinary that's all. I have no freaking idea why people like them, but their market seems to be teenagers so that tells you something about them. I don't give a toss if you kids like them, I'm just glad that sh*t isn't on the bill this year.

*puts on 'Painkiller'

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eh shut up mate, you have no idea what I listen to; and I listen to heaps of metal; true metal. None of this new wave (oh sorry I said 'NU' before, have a cry) American horsesh*t. Anvil are a metal band; I think Lamb of God are just bloody ordinary that's all. I have no freaking idea why people like them, but their market seems to be teenagers so that tells you something about them. I don't give a toss if you kids like them, I'm just glad that sh*t isn't on the bill this year.

*puts on 'Painkiller'

I'll give you LOG being new wave...But they're not 'nu'. I like 'em a lot, but to each their own (actually two of my favourite bands atm are Job For A Cowboy and Hackneyed).

Anvil aren't ordinary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD8P7aNGbt8

Pretty damn ordinary to me. :p

Last edited:

Carnifex

Juniors
He is one of these guys who think its only "real" metal if the songs go for 10 minutes, have a 6 minute guitar solo and all the band members have long black hair and wear leather.

Would I be disturbing the mood if I thought Jane's Addiction and Faith No More are absolute horsesh*t?
Honestly, wtf with this conversation?
Anywho the line-up is crap, who gives a f*ck if something is "true metal"? If it's good music, it's good music.

beave

Coach
This years line up was superior IMO.......oh well, I will still go to it and support it but it's standard has definitely dropped compared to the last few years.

Anvil......f#$king please.