What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Kemp Society inc

Micistm

Bench
Ah, but with both Witt and Fein they were told they were not required, and both were told then they WERE after a good end run last year- Witt even had another offer lined to be forced to turn it down being under contract-and then told again not required after all.
Pretty sh*t treatment IMO, and it would not surprise me if we struggle to attract any decent players here apart from Club hand-me-downs when no one else wants em.
IMO we should focus on our young players, looking after them and trying to retain the majority of them.

Micistm

Bench
It makes you wonder about Jones, thinking back to his signing, and his interviews about HIS idea of what his role would involve.
He seemed to be primarily interested in an impact role, one he seemed to be going well with earlier in the year with Fein as the main HB, and Jones off the bench in bursts.
Who decided he should be the Anchor #7...and I would love to be a fly on the wall to know what Jones himself thinks of it.
Mind you, I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear what players truely think of some of the stuff that have gone on from the off season through '09. They are saying the right things officially, but it just doesn't seem a happy club vibewise.

LeagueNut

First Grade
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/2778418/Kemp-the-unwanted-Warrior-bucking-for-Broncos
Kemp the unwanted Warrior bucking for Broncos

Warriors outcast Denan Kemp could be set for a shock return to the Broncos.

The speedy winger moved to Auckland from Brisbane this year after signing a two-year deal with the Warriors. But with limited chances to prove himself in the first-grade side, Kemp has had a year to forget and has spent most of the season playing for Warriors feeder side the Auckland Vulcans.

His 10 first-grade appearances this year have been a stark contrast to 2008 when he played 24 games and scored 19 tries for the Broncos.

But his unhappy Auckland experiment could end a year early, with his manager David Riolo yesterday revealing there has been "genuine interest" in Kemp across the ditch.

"There's a very good chance Denan will be returning to Australia if we can agree on some sort of compromise with the Warriors," Riolo told Sunday News.

Rumours have been circulating that Kemp will return to the Broncos next year and Riolo confirmed the winger's desire was to move home to Brisbane if a deal could be done.

"There's been some genuine interest from a number of clubs but the Broncos would definitely be a good option for him."

Broncos football manager Peter Nolan said yesterday: "If we were approached by Denan or his manager about coming back to the Broncos we would only be too happy to talk to them."

Meanwhile, Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah said there had been no further developments on whether the club will sign Cowboys forward Carl Webb.

"We have had some initial discussions with his agent," Scurrah said. "But we haven't made any decisions there."

Rich102

Staff member
That could be a lucky break. Free up some more money.
Will they take Lillyman with him?

JTR

Juniors
I for one will be sorry to see him go.
If we actually had some halves that were capable of passing from left to right, a right centre that did actually pass the ball and an option at the end of each set that wasn't a bomb into the corner, he could have been pretty good.

Micistm

Bench
If we actually had some halves that were capable of passing from left to right, a right centre that did actually pass the ball and an option at the end of each set that wasn't a bomb into the corner, he could have been pretty good.

I agree completely but wish him well if he goes. The fact he hasn't played much this year proved for me the Crap had nothing to do with him; he's a finisher. The team around him can't start anything. I've heard some power that be in Camp Warriors point to him as a 'disappointing buy.' Unfair IMO. He was lacking form early on in conjunction with an injury not many knew about, and from there given very few chances.
He's been no worse than the majority of shockers in the team, many who get to stay on for seemingly sentimental reasons. Had he actually been utilised in gameplans it may have all been different.

Meth

Staff member

I agree, he has been something of a victim of our terrible halves.

In saying that, nobody would select Kemp ahead of Locke or Vatuvei on form. I'd still like to have a peek at him at centre, but with Tate returning its hard to see a chance of a steady spot for Kemp in 2010

Iafeta

Referee

Exactly. The whole strategy this team has employed has been one dimensional. I'm not sure how you can score tries when the only time you get the ball is taking kicks in your own corner and bringing it back to midfield for the next play. I'm sure with a more balanced approach to attack that he could be quite effective here, as he would be at any club. It would not surprise me in the slightest for him to return to Brisbane and score tries galore.

Thats what gets me. They knew what they were getting with Denan Kemp, and then went out of their way to play away from the strengths of the team. Such a limited game plan and then they're like woe was me, we can't score points, it must be the players.

Rovelli

Bench
He could be gone, I'll be sad to see him leave. He deserves a chance.

He got the ball like once the whole season - against the Knights when Kurt Gidley took him down before he was going to score a fantastic solo try.

Kemp is a finisher, and we haven't set up anything this season for any of our wingers.

A lot of his defensive problems can also be traced down to Ropati's abysmal form this season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ropati is an easy target, but you can't blame Ropati for Kemp's bad defense, the majority of the games they played togther they were on the opposite side of the field. By the time Ropati was shifted to the opposite side we were down as a team already.

I'd be more likely to blame the busted shoulder he suffered in round 2 or 3 that required painkilling injections for his lapses.

Rovelli

Bench
Fair point, I am just a Ropati hater. Wingers in general always seem to come infield, rather than staying on their man. If there's a reason to come in, it's to kill the ball.

Kemp also didn't look for much work either, probably explains why he didn't see the ball. He didn't get after it. I want to see him with another chance, though he might not get much game time.

Iafeta

Referee
I think he would have had fun out there today with the boys, offloads, spreads... guys like Kemp with speed love that type of football.

Latest posts