What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LWOS awards night has arrived!

Gav-bt

Juniors
Oh dear.....

All bad thingumibobs come to an end.

Stretch Armstrong was after my time, but I'm sure you git the gist.

Gav-bt

Juniors
"So, it takes intelligence to start a thread with "McGrath is gay"?"

No, just a fewstella'stoo many and thegoggle boxswitched to Skysports 2.
embeer.gif

C

CyberKev

To quote from AHA's 1985 track Hunting High and Low (from the album of the same name) -- "I used to be confused, now I'm just not sure..."

Alternative Poster of the Year???!!!

A quick scan of the trusty Macquarie reveals the following definitions:

1. a possibility of one out of two (or, less strictly, more) things.
  2. affording a choice between two things, or a possibility of one thing out of two.
  3. (of two things) mutually exclusive, so that if one is chosen the other must be rejected.
  4. offering standards and criteria of behaviour of a minority group within and opposed to an established western society.
  5. not having a mainstream following.
Presumably you could also throw in a sixth category that refers to sexual preferences... I'm not sure of the category that you good people have been slotting me into here, although I suspect that category 5 is the most likely option. Frankly, I think I'm about as alternative as Channel 9, but I'd like to thank GODOT, The Minister for Silly Walks, The King of Norway, etc, etc for the alternative gong as it certainly beats the alternative (poor pun intended) of a broomstick thrust hard and fast up the clacker. What was I saying again about category six? In closing, I am reminded of that wonderful exchange from the cult movie of the 1980s, Flying High: CO-PILOT: "We have no alternatives" PILOT: "So what are the alternatives?" Tigertread and myself it would seem, going by this thread. Personally, I'm just disappointed that I'm not affluent (effluent?) enough to clean-up in the Eccentric poster of the year category. Yeah, I know there is no such category, but that didn't stop Wacko Jacko from picking-up the Artist of the Millennium non-gong did it? One could never be wealthy enough to roll him head-to-head in a battle of eccentric wills... CyberKev

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Howdy Doodi folks and seasons greatings to all.
Best Post (Thread)of the year:
A tie IMO between "Go Ahead..Ask Us Anything" & "In Praise Of The Greatest". I still enjoy browsing through 'em both regularly.
Best (Individual) Post of the year:
"Thanks for the Memories TD" by CM...hands down IMHO!
Poster of the year:

Another tie..this timebetween Cyber Kev and Javaman. A special mention to those like Broncos Fan Baller, El Duque, Kiwi, Legend, Bronco, Willow...and many others that escape me at present. Too many fine posters here.
International Poster of the year:

Canadian Steve and...Vertigo. The unforgotten overseas guest.
Forgettable Poster of the year:
Definitely many of ONE-EYE's family members. Code 3 the clown too.
Come back if your reading this award:
CM, Javaman, and Warlock. Also miss Atilla's work.
Debut Poster of the year:

Ryback. Though didn't post much before his unfortunate departure, did post some quality reads prior. I hope he returns.
Come back of the year:

Warlock..or is he back?
Whinger of the year:
Sorry big guy..but it's you again for the reasons ED outlined earlier.
Argument of the year:
Anti Christ versus maybe 8 or 10 others.
Scandal of the year:
The Gav and CM thingymejig. I dunno if "scandal" is the right word, but I still can't figure out what happened.
Most passionate fans:

Raging Bulldog and Roopy.
Dummyspit of the year:
Like someone said, too many to pinpoint out justone.
Alternative posters award:
Cyber Kev.
Stupid post award:
Gav's post signaling out another member.
The Hardest Worker award of the year:
The LWOS managerial team :)

C

CyberKev

Thoughts on Society... (Leisotto)

Too many to mention
Poster of the year:

A tough decision, but if forced to put forward a name - Cryptic Messenger. My apologies to a range of others - Roopy, MFC, Willow, Ozbash, Everlovin' Antichrist, Bronco, Legend, Misty Bee, Gav BT & El Duque.

Vertigo... Just nudging past Canadian Steve & GavBT.
If this were BigFooty there'd be any number of candidates, but nobody stands out here (yet).

Cryptic Messenger, Attilla and Johnsy (is he missing, or just a bit quiet of late?)

Has to be - Everlovin' Antichrist

Come back of the year:

?

Whinger of the year:

Argument of the year:
Anti Christ versus GavBT
Scandal of the year:
The LWOS Brat Pack (featuring Moffo) and their bold sit-in on the Big Footy site.

Most passionate fans:

Roopy (he barracks for Newcastle doesn't he?)

Dummyspit of the year:
GavBT (but I still loves ya, Big Guy... But NOT in a sexual way (not that there's anything wrong with that)... More in a sad & suitably demented (air) kissin' cousins type of way.

Eye... Yeah I know many of you would be thinking "alternative to what?", but I don't mind the lad. I still haven't worked out if he's working on a 'more is less' or 'less is more' basis though, hence the aptness of the alternative label.

Stupid post award:
Cant go past my own drivelly, soft-cock response to 'Thoughts on Society..." It warranted better, although that post was still streaks ahead of my debut effort on WORL some years back
emembarrassed.gif

Willow & Roopy...

Sorry to the may deserving types that I've inadvertently slighted here...

CyberKev

I've been very inactive over the past year, but have seen over two-thirds of the threads and posts on these message boards. So here's my two cents worth.

A tie: The Footy Quiz - Go ahead ask us anything. Not to undo the In praise of the Grestest thread also.
I was privalleged to see the Johnny Unitas post made by Cryptic Messenger before he removed it not too long ago. A rippa!
Raidpatch also posted a number of excellent posts on avoiding the dreaded spead camera and whatnot. Super effort that.
Poster of the year:
Cryptic Messenger. The guy posted nothing short of high quality all year round. Cyber Kev and his efforts haven't gone unnoticed also.
Vertigo. The Gentleman-Jim of LWOS.
Cryptic Messenger, Javaman, Johnsy and Raidpatch.
Javaman without a doubt. The effort he places into his postings is sensational. He did it all year. Excellent detail and backup to make even the most distant fan of his beliefs take notice. I miss seeing his username appear above boxing posts.
Argument of the year:
I have to agree with Outlaw here.
Most passionate fans:
Willow, Roopy and Raging Bulldog.
Stupid post award:
Agree with Outlaw again.
See previous answer.

Cheers all - Aaron C.

Scandal of the year:
The LWOS Brat Pack (featuring Moffo) and their bold sit-in on the Big Footy site."

Sit in?? lol, well it was a bit of fun anyways. I saw PA1870's latest effort on the site, still manages to waffle through a lot of crap :D

Moffo

Good to be back.

The Footy and CricketQuiz. I actually like all types of quizes. Kind of miss the boxing quizes that a former member use to regularly put up. I find quizes and the like very educational and different from the norm. On the other end of the scale I hate discussions on religion. Not only is this not the place, but it's the type of subject that should remain personal IMHO. Just my opinion as I show no dissrespect towards those who feel otherwise.
Thanks for the Memories TD -posted by Cryptic Messenger. Was a delight to read. I just whish it was still up and around.
Poster of the year:

I got to agree withthe majorityhere. Cryptic Messenger has been excellent in 2002. He didn't post as much as he did in previous times (here and at the old WORL) this past year,but what he did was all quality reading. He seemed to stray away from the rugby league topics this year for some reason, and swayed more towards boxing and NFL.I also enjoy reading posts by MFC, Willow, Mystery Man, El Duqueand Javaman very much.

Vertigo definitely as he seems to only post when he has something worthwhile or intelligint to relay to the forum (unlike moi). I know he is an Aussie (I think)but I belive he either resides in the US now or spends much of his time there. He posted one of the most intelligent posts I've ever seen during the LWOS exodous of recent. Seems very level headed over the screen.
The deadset goose Code 3. What a fruitcake he was.Popped in, made a fool of himself, and never reappeared. Thanks god for the rest of us. I don't mind the popular selection ONE EYE in this catagoryor his many aliases. Anyone that can make me laugh over the internet has my vote of stay.
Cryptic Messenger and Javaman. Both bought much quality into the boxing section (among other sections), which seems to have taken a slow yet almost sudden death...if you get my drift. Some of the finest posts are in that boxing section...or "were" maybe the more appropriate word since the mass deletions. There are still some quality reads though. I hope to see a revival sometime soon *fingers crossed* A special mention to Bender and Atilla too.

Ryback and Javaman. Hope to see them both make a return soon.
Come back of the year:

I've just seen people leave this past year...not comebacks. I hope this catagory comes in strong at the end of this year.
Whinger of the year:
Too many took place throughout 2002. Spin the wheel and pick a number.
Argument of the year:
Anti Christ versus GavBT.
Scandal of the year:
The Bulldogs fiasco.
Most passionate fans:

Raging Bulldog for sure. He stuck by our outfit throughout the year with posts and banners. Good on you mate! MFC deserves a mention also.
Dummyspit of the year:
I don't know what happened to Gav this year but that dummy was spat out more than once...or twice...or three times...
Cyber Kev. Adds much colour and intelligenceto the message board. A pleasure to read his posts.
Stupid post award:
A lot of these took place in 2002 as well. Could pick a dozen or more.
Willow without a doubt. Always looking at ways to improve our "house" It's obvious to me and I hope others can see it too. Good on you champ!

C

CanadianSteve

Some good memories here. It's that time of year again. Who's got nominations for the past year's awards?

B

bender

LWOS Heavyweight Championship - At least it gets occassional hits now that it is transplanted to TFF.

Canadian Steve - (preceding post to this one - it did get 1 reply)
Poster of the year:

Canadian Steve - tireless LWOS supporter

Canadian Steve - See above
Not really enough posters to forget anyone this year.
Everyone

Tingha Express.
Come back of the year:

The Front Row Forum - from a struggling forum to the number one rugby league forum in the world in a short space of time.

Whinger of the year:
Tough call, I will give it to Canadian Steve for his whining about the closing down of LWOS.
Argument of the year:
Should LWOS be closed down
Scandal of the year:
Resignation of all LWOS management
The killing of LWOS
Most passionate fans:

The lone remaining LWOS supporters
Dummyspit of the year:
I don't know what happened to Gav this year but that dummy was spat out more than once...or twice...or three times...
Oneeye - His stuff is different.
Stupid post award:
This one, since noone will read it anyway.
Canadian STeve - Always looking for a way to rekindle the LWOS spirit.

C

CanadianSteve

LOL, Bender. Thanks for all the nominations. I wish there were more contenders. Well, don't give up yet, maybe a LWOS revival is just around the corner.
emwink.gif

imported_kier

Juniors
Me too - I've never got on with TFF.......and as a result I've lost contact with many great posters.

I hope there's a LWOS revival of sorts - it was imho a pretty unique site.

C

CanadianSteve

kier and MM, good to see you.

Bender started a thread over on Front Row, about this place. He and I suggested the old members come back and give it a go once in a while. Don't know yet if any will take up the idea, but we can still hope.