What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A plane has crashed into one of the towers of New York's World Trade Centre.
One of the largest bulidings in the world is on fire and looksto be in a bad way... much worse than any 'Towering Inferno'.
Apparently a light aircraft collided with the building but at this stage no one knows if it was accidential or otherwise.

Nothing to do with footy but topical just the same.

This will be all over the news tomorrow.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The footage shows what looks like a commercial sized aircraft hitting the 2nd tower.
This is no fly zone and there is no way that this is an accident.
The crashes occurred 18 minutes apart.

This seems to be a kamikaze attack and one which will become big news for a years to come.

G@v

Juniors
One was a Boeing 767, the other a 737, both of which were hijacked from Boston. There are also reports that a third jet has been hijacked.

The Pentagon has been hit

Willow

Assistant Moderator
An explosion... perhaps another plane or helicopter crashhas occurred at the Pentagon in Washington. Very sketchy details.
Apparently there has been at least one plane hijacked earlier in the day, a Boeing 767.

And now the White House is being evacuated.

All air travel has been suspended and government departments are being evacuated.

All main roads and tunnels in the capital are being closed.

The US President W Bush has boarded Airforce One and is heading towards Washington.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry Gav... just repeated some of your post.. thought I was chatting to myself. Incredible stuff.

TheSaint

Juniors
The second plane was a much smaller plane the a 707. probably a leer jet from the footage I saw. It was obviously a terrorist action. From what I've seen Bin Laden may be behind this. Suicide flights and the capabilities to this, not to mention previous attacks on US Embassys in Africa.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ditto CM.

There has been a report that a Palenstinian group has claimed repsonsibilty. Don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves here but it looks like the Middle East conflict has just stepped up another massive notch.

Shit... The Tower is collapsing!!!!

G@v

Juniors
CM, I heard that another jet was a united airlines. How do you stop fanaticswho are prepared to do such damage?

One ofWorld Trade Centre towers is now collapsing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, it's been confirmed that one of the World Trade Center Towers have collapsed. I've been in these buildings and I'm absolutely stunned.
For a massive building to collapse in a densely populated area can only mean disaster.
But for it happen in one of the worlds most populated cities... I can but imagine the enormity of this tragedy.

Another report now... an explosion on Capital Hill (Washington).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
According to the news, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine have claimed responsibilty for this catastrophe.

It appears that a car bomb has exploded in front of the State Building (the Capital Hill explosion) in Washington.

The 2nd Tower has just collasped.
Both of the Twin Towers have collasped.
They're gone.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The buildings can hold tens of thousands of people but how many got out?
The skyline of NYC has completely changed. The place is in a state of chaos.

Latest posts