What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith vs Knights: 1st elimination final

Caged Panther

First Grade
Well for all intensive purposes that's what it is. Right now being a Panthers is kind of appropriate we've had about nine lives over the last month. Can we finally take advantage of one?

To be perfectly honest I doubt it but I'll still be hoping.

abpanther

Staff member
Funny thing is if we win we'll play the Bulldogs in the first round, they are the team I most wanted to play of all top 4 sides, we seemed to match up well with them...

Caged Panther

First Grade
Well if there is one thing I want to hear coming out of camp this week it's nothing. I don't want to hear about how big a game it is. About how we're going to shut there key players down. I just want to hear nothing.

Hanscholo

Bench
Funny that caged panther. Id like to hear the sounds of silence from our side too. It seems whenever they talk something up they fail.

abpanther

Staff member
Maybe this time Elliot the genius will actually make them watch their embarrassing performance last week in the hope that it may actually fire them up and inspire some emotion in the lads, none of this 'sweep it under the rug' crap!!!!

Rogue.9

Juniors
Well if there is one thing I want to hear coming out of camp this week it's nothing. I don't want to hear about how big a game it is. About how we're going to shut there key players down. I just want to hear nothing.
It should be a good game with realistically the finals coming a week early, I hope the media talk the game up all week and take bit of the press away from Parra & Hayne.
I wish you all the best for next week against the knights and hope you manage to earn a spot into the finals.

Devilous

Juniors
As much as I think it is a miracle we can still make the finals........

Even BIGGER game than last week, EVERYTHING to play for, will TALK IT UP all week.

"Make the finals", "Going to Roll the Knights", "Good to be in the finals again"

:sigh: Please don't be like the last 10 million times we have done this in the last 3 years. :pray:

maple_69

Bench
I wouldn't mind us playing the Dogs either. We always go up a notch, we may have Civ back if we collapse into the finals and they'll be down their most important player. Plus I doubt anyone will give us a chance in hell- thus no pressure, no choko!
Dogs V Panthers, Dragons V Eels, Titans V Broncos and Storm V Manly would make for a great first week of finals.
I have a feeling the Dragons Eels clash will take most of the media attention this week thankfully.

mightypanther

Juniors

I'm with you CP. Silence is golden.
There's only 3 things they need to do.....

1) Shut up
2) Train their arses off.
3) Harden the f**k up mentally.

Sleep

Juniors
I'd imagine our side will look pretty similar to last week. Woolnough should be dropped but because it could likely be his last game he won't be.

1. Sammut
2. Tia Kilifi
3. Jennings
4. Tighe
5. Gordon
6. Graham
7. Walsh
8. Puletua
9. Aiton
10. Bell
11. Waterhouse
12. Pritchard
13. Lewis

14. Blair
15. Woolnough
16. Paulo
17. Cooper

18. Grant
19. Smith

I'm not too confident either but who knows. We've been playing crap footy for a while now if we want to be honest. Newcastle look like they're in all sorts too. Hopefully the boys can at least put up a fight and show some passion.

griffo346

First Grade
one thing guys

i know our 20s have struggled how is our 20s fullback going?

is he better then jaz? if not i would like to see Gordon at fullback with tighe and tia kilifi on wings blair and jenko in centres

Panthers_God

Juniors
I'd love to play the dogs first round. Penrith are a bogey team for them. Plus they won't have noddy.

1. Jennings
2. JTK
3. Tighe
4. Blair
5. Gordon
6. Graham
7. Walsh
8. Puletua
9. Aiton
10. Bell
11. Waterhouse
12. Cooper
13. Lewis

14. Pritchard
15. Grant
16. Woolnough
17. Paulo

18. Smith
19. Sammut

Sorry but Sammut needs to be dropped after last week performance. I love the guy and his ticka but he is trying waaay too hard, needs to play more consistent. I'd rather Pritchard come off the bench, we have no impact on the bench without him. Jennings to fullback so he can touch the ball for once in his life!!!!!!!!!!

Sleep

Juniors
If the ball isn't going to Jennings he needs to go looking for it. Tia-Kilifi had no problems last week getting touches and he plays outside Jennings.

Same goes for Pritchard.

griffo346

First Grade
1. Gordon
2. JTK
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Tighe
6. Graham
7. Walsh
8. Puletua
9. Aiton
10. Bell
11. Waterhouse
12. Paulo
13. Lewis

14. Pritchard
15. Grant
16. Woolnough
17. Blair

18. Smith
19. Sammut

EzyG

Juniors
1.Tighe
2.Daniella
3.Gordon
4.Jennings
5.Kilifi
6.Graham
7.Walsh
8.Puletua
9.Aiton
10.Bell
11.Pritchard
12.Waterhouse
13.Lewis

14.Grant
15.Smith
16.Cooper
17.Blair

Sammut needs to play more with his head than his body to make a real impact for the panthers. If he hasn't ironed out those silly mistakes by now then he isn't fit to be playing 1st grade right now.

Agree with most of you that our defence for the last how many years has been ordinary at best.

Hope to see enthusiasm & urgency from the panthers this weekend.

Go Panthers

Panthers_God

Juniors
Round 26 Teams

Tuesday, September 01, 2009
The team is:
1.Jarrod Sammut 2.Junior Tia-Kilifi 3.Michael Jennings 4.Brad Tighe 5.Michael Gordon 6.Wade Graham 7.Luke Walsh 8.Matthew Bell 9.Paul Aiton 10.Frank Puletua 11.Trent Waterhouse (C) 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14.Nathan Smith 15.Joseph Paulo 16.Maurice Balir 17.Adam Woolnough 18.Tim Grant 19.Gavin Cooper

Toyota Cup Team
1.Zoram Watene 2.Michael Fualalo 3.Jeff Ryan 4.Ioritana Tuau 5.Ali Beale 6.Stirling Seijka 7.Harry Seijka 8.Sam McKendry 9.Luke Clydesdale 10.Tinirau Arona 11.Andrew Pritchard 12.Jesse Sene-Lefao 13.Blake Austin
Interchange: 15.Andrew Pongi 16.Matthew Moylan 18.Trevour Bolt 20.John Feiloakitau-Fetuani 23.Jake Seaton

From PI.

Basically unchanged team

Sleep

Juniors
I'd like to see two props on the bench for this game so Woolnough and Grant should both be retained with Blair.

I'd prefer Cooper or Paulo to be kept out of the three backrowers. None really offer and huge impact but Cooper is probably the best defender and plays with a ton of heart.

I'm half surprised Sammut has been given another chance but I really, really hope he makes the most of it. He and Gordon really need to communicate better.