What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De Ja Vu.....like a mother f**ker

IFR33K

Coach
In 2006, the eels golden run, came to an end, to the Broncos, losing 29-0.

Both the Broncos and now the Dragons, won, after in a form slump them selves.

Both Eels teams, lost crucial players before game day.

Both defeats were coincidentally, the last game of the regular season.

If the Eels had won in 2006 or tonight, they would of finished higher then 8th. Now 8th looks like that were they will finish.

Tonight the eels were also kept scoreless.

Broncos went on to win the comp that year, and the eels bowed out the following week.

Although I hate to admit it, I think the Dragons are going to kick on from here, and next week, DA and the boys, will be planning for 2010.

Shear coincidence?????? I dont know.

There is no coincidence, deja-vu, spooky goings on, or anything of the sort.

If there was, I'm still waiting on our 2005 premiership with all that crap about how Eels were going to win, as it coincided with the first time Liverpool won the FA Cup in so many years; the appearance of Hayley's comet, and the last time Casey Donovan took a shower, or some other such stuff.

84 Baby

Referee
And last week we kicked off first and won, this week St George kicked off first and they won... Simply gotta kick off first

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't believe Bennett was being written off by some people, he is the master. Never write of a champion. The only coach that would come close to big Jack.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
How about this coincidence.

In 1983, the Eels lost the last regular season game to st george 33 - nil. They played the saints in the finals beating them and eventually taking out the premiership.
Which will it be? 2006 or 1983....

Eelogical

Referee
I don't believe in any of that deja vu crap or superstitions either for that matter. I would rather dissect tonights loss in a clinical logical manner. My post mortem report...
1. The media did a job on the Dragons all week. Days of blaring headlines about the Dragons season being all but over provided the fire that was lacking in their past 3 losses.
2. Wayne Bennet used one of his aces.......publicly state that if they didn't come out to play tonight they would be basically making up numbers during the finals. This, of course, was saying to the Dragons players you better not let me get egg on my face.
3. The Eels were going to lose sooner or later. They had done the hard work to make up for a lean early season and made the finals against all odds. The media was also putting pressure on the Eels about "The Winning Streak" and how long it would continue. In short, this game was almost setup for an Eels loss before players hit the turf.
4. Nathan Hindmash's late withdrawal followed by Eric Grothe's similar fate certainly didn't help things, though I seriously doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game had they played.
5. Basically, the Eels were outplayed, overawed and out disciplined on the night. The Dragons supporters aimed up as well. I was dissapointed in the team as a whole but suspect they were thinking more of the finals than tonights game. A week's time will tell if I am right.

mickdo

Coach

In 1983, the Eels lost the last regular season game to st george 33 - nil. They played the saints in the finals beating them and eventually taking out the premiership.

There ya go ;-)

MINI

Juniors
I'd be much more worried had we lost like that at full strength, and although it is disappointing most of us didn't aim up tonight, i'd rather the loss now than next week.....Time to start over, heads back on and aim up next week, which I have no doubt they will.

salvy71

Juniors

Sorry to be pedantic but Parra never played saints in the finals in 1983 ....it was canterbury(w) , manly(l) , canterbury (w) and then manly in the gf.....

jono

Juniors
Sorry to be pedantic but Parra never played saints in the finals in 1983 ....it was canterbury(w) , manly(l) , canterbury (w) and then manly in the gf.....
Just to be a pain in the arse , the score was 32-2 BUT it WAS at Kogarah Oval!