What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith vs Knights: 1st elimination final

murraymob

Coach
one thing guys

i know our 20s have struggled how is our 20s fullback going?

is he better then jaz? if not i would like to see Gordon at fullback with tighe and tia kilifi on wings blair and jenko in centres

Griffo the under 20 fullback is Zoran Watene he is smaller and lighter than sammut.He will not make first grade

murraymob

Coach
Elliott hold team selection meeting
Elliott .Can some computer nerd come here

Computer nerd. Whats up matt.Whats doing

Elliott.I have important team selection news i have thought about it long and hard

Computer nerd .Matt do you like my ponytail .How can i help

Elliott ..How do i copy and paste the same side every week

Computer nerd..Easy matt .Do you like my bling my gold rings..But dont you want to drop under performing players

Elliott. No way its easy to copy and paste if only i could

Net result of meeting same team

maple_69

Bench
Makes a lot of sense. Keep the same team every week and there's no need to recruit anyone year in year out.

I didn't expect changes and I don't think it'd really be wise anyway. Mass changes in the last game is pretty pointless I think. This team has done the job all year up until about a month ago. It's the attitude they need to get right and that's up to Elliott to fix now.

hindy111

Post Whore
i would put blair into centres tighe on wing and gordon to the back -let young sammut come off becnh with frank the tank

mxlegend99

Referee
i would put blair into centres tighe on wing and gordon to the back -let young sammut come off becnh with frank the tank
That's exactly what i would have... even supporters of other teams have a better idea about our side then Matt Elliott.

Michael Gordon offers stability at the back, while Jarrod Sammut would offer impact off the bench.

murraymob

Coach
also would not be a bad idea tosee how lewis goes back there.He is a former winger who was good under the high ball.Might allow him more oppurtunity to attack

RedVDave

First Grade
Hey guys,

best of luck against Newcastle! I believe you guys deserve 8th spot, considering that at the start of the year the 2 points should have been rewarded to you guys for Canterbury fielding 14 players on the field at once, hopefully justice will be served this weekend.

abpanther

Staff member
Flash has disappointed me in recent weeks, lack of urgency and he looks a yard short of pace, he was underwhelming in his fullback stints.

Here's hoping he can lift with the other boys...

murraymob

Coach
For once a simple game plan is all that is needed .Fast out of dummy half.Waterhouse and Pritchard hitting in close not out wide.The raiders forwards showed up the way to play them
Walsh has his chance to change from a pillow to a first grader and lead this team around the field. His home town,His old club.No excuses time to lead the charge .We can win this game

Dave Q

Coach
I think Newcastle will expecting a close quarter game from the Panthers, thats why I think the Panthers should chance their arm and send it out wide.

Kidley and Mullen need to be absolutely terrorised.

The key will be to lift the players mentally for this match. They will really need to be at full stretch to beat this resurgent Knights side.

I have some old faith in the expect the unexpected from the Panthers.

They may well knock the knights off.

If so, it would be a brave and historic win in the face of considerable adversity.

After a first quarter of nervousness and hi-jinks, this game could be the best of the season.

So long as the men in black turn up.

abpanther

Staff member
I disagree, we have played the Bulldogs pretty well this season and they always keep games nice and tight.

Sleep

Juniors
I'm with Absy here. The Bulldogs never smash us and we've got a good record against them in recent years. Even when our team isn't performing for some reason or another we always step up against them.

And with them being rudder (Noddy) less I really think we could beat them. They scraped home against us not all too long ago when we were missing alot of troops.

If Petero was back for the game I'd almost be backing us.

None of that matters at the moment anyhow. We need to win this weekend. We need to snap out of the slump we've been in and perform.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm with Absy here. The Bulldogs never smash us and we've got a good record against them in recent years. Even when our team isn't performing for some reason or another we always step up against them.

And with them being rudder (Noddy) less I really think we could beat them. They scraped home against us not all too long ago when we were missing alot of troops.

If Petero was back for the game I'd almost be backing us.

None of that matters at the moment anyhow. We need to win this weekend. We need to snap out of the slump we've been in and perform.

The knights are 16 wins from there last 21 home games. That speaks for itself. What is our home record, something far less I would suggest.

Seriously, it will be a miracle if we come away with a win this weekend.

I am not being defeatist, just realistic. We would have to be at our absolute best and at the same time hope they are not on the top of there game.

Yes I will be going to the game, along with Fibroman and my eldest son but we will certainly not be going there with any confidence rather in hope.

I'm trying to convince fibroman to go to the Newcastle All Saints Church on Sunday prior to the game but he wont be in it. Wont budge. He is a true athiest. I will pray for divine intervention and a fair shake of 50-50 calls from the match officials.

murraymob

Coach
The knights are 16 wins from there last 21 home games. That speaks for itself. What is our home record, something far less I would suggest.

Seriously, it will be a miracle if we come away with a win this weekend.

I am not being defeatist, just realistic. We would have to be at our absolute best and at the same time hope they are not on the top of there game.

Yes I will be going to the game, along with Fibroman and my eldest son but we will certainly not be going there with any confidence rather in hope.

I'm trying to convince fibroman to go to the Newcastle All Saints Church on Sunday prior to the game but he wont be in it. Wont budge. He is a true athiest. I will pray for divine intervention and a fair shake of 50-50 calls from the match officials.

panther boy not going.Fibro will have to let him out of the chokie one day soon

murraymob

Coach
time for a punt
head to head
Newcastle............... $1.45
penrith....................$2.65

line
newcastle......-6.5 .... $1.90
penrith.........+6.5........$1.90

margin
newcastle........1-12......$2.60
newcastle..........13+.....$3.10

penrith............1-12......$4.00
penrith.............13+.......$7.00

my tip at this point may be newcastle with the minus 6.but hope to have a chat with franky tomorow his state of mind may just change my tip before i take a detour to the tab on the way home from work

Kilkenny

Coach
panther boy not going.Fibro will have to let him out of the chokie one day soon

Murraybob, get a grip. Panther Boy is years of attaining the legal age of consuming alcohol so seriously how can he possibly be considered for such a trip.

Kilkenny

Coach
Newcastle 13+ is the bet of the year at $3.10

Please dont take this the wrong way but if I win a grand at the races I will be putting it all up on the above. Too good a bet to refuse. I just need to win at the races and I will certainly cash in on the footy.

choc_soldier

Coach
Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

The only way to think being a Penrith supporter in this situation.

I just want them to play like their lives depend on it, and not surrender meekly like they have in recent weeks.

Latest posts