What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for first semi

BG

Juniors
If Hilder plays hooker for the full 80 minutes - I don't think we'll win.

In fact I'll say we can't win if he plays 9 for the entire game.

He is a great player and one of my favourites, but he has incredibly slow distribution from the dummy half and needs to stay at lock. It will slow down our attack if he plays hooker.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we can't win. But I totally agree with the assessment of Hilder. Terrific at lock, great slotting into dummy half every now and then or for a small portion of a game, but a mediocre option as the main distributor. (We did have a couple of fine victories with him in that role last season, but they were tremendous team performances that were all the more meritorious for overcoming Hilder's shortcomings as a dummy-half.) Nevertheless, I don't think Ndaira's the answer. He does have a bit of spark, but imho he is a poor defender, poor reader of the game and mistake-prone under pressure. I'd like to see Hilder play for the 80 min's in the 9, but vary up the dummy-half options as much as possible. Lots of scoots by the outside backs. Have Dureau in there occasionally; and (for once) I think Yosh is on the right track -- Gids in there frequently.

K-Man

Bench
I like that side, except I would bring in Mika for Ciraldo as I don't think he is near match fit

I'd be fine with that too.

I had Mika in my team for last week. Pretty much a coin flip between those two for me. Anything but Wes. A bit of size and power off the bench is far more important than a "utility" like Naiqama.

Hanscholo

Bench
Andrew Johns said macmanus 're-injured' his leg at training during the week...now that could mean anything from a few days off to amputation. That being said, if he is fit i would have him back in the side. Mcdonnell was OK against Penrith, but they didnt test him out at all and his output from dummy half was either totally negated or non-existent. He put on a nice move and pass for one of our trys but that isnt what im concerned about. He isnt really a seasoned winger, and there are times where he gets himself into no mans land in defence, he doesnt come forward or stay back and it leaves us open for kicks in behind him or over his head. It concerns me because Moore will have noticed that and the dogs score a lot of trys from kicks behind wingers.

Pika

Bench
He was cleared of major damage.

He is a chance for the weekend but no certainty.

He is tough though, so the chance is significantly higher if it was Wicks who was a 'chance' of playing.