What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarrassment

abpanther

Staff member
Yep, so predictable, I was numb watching it with no reaction at all as it was what I expected.

The whole team (minus House) were f**ken pathetic and Gus agrees that Elliot is f**ken useless.

Another year of sh*t!!!

Dave Q

Coach
They werent gallant in defeat, there was nothing courageous.

Instead, when they had everything to play for, they switched off.

Seriously, no sane person could suggest that they were following Elliots instructions.

If so, one of my axelotals playing dead on the bottom of the tank would have a better game plan and been far more inspirational.

The worst part is that there is nothing but a grimy haze settling into the mountains for the entire off-season.

Theres nothing much to look forward to except an aging forward who cant hold up the team forever.

The players should be sacked, the board nailed to the cross and the whole club should start anew.

The Blacktown Barons or Mt Druitt Dinosaurs or something, I dunno.

Put the bloody club up for sale to some bored Chinese.

Hey, I cant talk Souths didnt even make it this far so its the blind leading the blind.

We are all in non-finals hole together, but at least we have remained upright, all I can see of my Panther mates is your legs sticking out of the ground, kicking the air.

It sucked. It really sucked. Bring out the axe, torch the club, whatever it takes.

Who the fug am I going to support in the finals now, the bloody refs?!!

At least theres a team of them these days.

Im sorry guys and Sandy, its just a dark day for the men in black.

It is better than the spoon, I suppose, thats the spin. You can roll over and have a ciggie now.

Thanks Leary, thanks Elliot, thank you players...that really sucked.

Having your hubcaps shined by a drunken echidna would have been a less caustic experience.

Somebody do something!

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Watching a replay on telly today, I felt sorry for you guys I have to admit, as stoked as I still am that I will be cheering the Knights again next weekend.

How would you feel about Freddy taking over as coach? Him coaching Easts reminded me a bit of Browny when he coached Saints- too much familiarity. However, Freddy has had nothing to do with Penrith since 1995, and I reckon the bloke knows a thing or two about coaching and this year would have taught him alot. Could be just the homecoming he needs. Thoughts?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Anyone would be better than Elliot. Because Elliot's style is piss boring and turns the Panthers into a plastic footy team that melt under pressure.

Fibroman

First Grade
elliot and leary should do the honoravle thing annd resign. they are useless. like screen door on a submarine.

choc_soldier

Coach
The saddest part is that while I'm bitterly dissapointed I'm not even the least bit surprised.

Same here. It allowed me to get over it a lot quicker.

But it still hurts. Really hurts.

Incompetent coach, incompetent management.

But I still love them, and I'll be Penrith 'til I die!

Dave Q

Coach
Its not the club or its people.

Its the management. Tired and inneffective.

They were ten or twenty years ago and they are now.

They wont resign, they wont do anything.. except make bad and inept decisions and give you more grief.

The regime must be dissolved.

But they are entirely unnaccountable to anyone.

Sons and daughters of the Panthers, stop living on your kness, wake up and do something.

Otherwise, enjoy the spin.

Knightmare

Coach
St George and Parramatta fans have been quite vocal in the past about the running of their clubs, maybe it's time for you lot to do the same? Take banners to the games advertising the fact that you aren't happy with the current set-up, perhaps? In the A-League last season, the Squadron (Newcastle Jets army) hung all their supporter banners upside down at their last season home game in protest.

Dave Q

Coach
St George and Parramatta fans have been quite vocal in the past about the running of their clubs, maybe it's time for you lot to do the same? Take banners to the games advertising the fact that you aren't happy with the current set-up, perhaps? In the A-League last season, the Squadron (Newcastle Jets army) hung all their supporter banners upside down at their last season home game in protest.

If you love your club, sometimes you have to spear it badly.

You have to hurt peoples feelings.

You have to turn on your own.

You have to be ruthless.

Thats what we did at Souths.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Jennings is woeful in defence how he made the SOO side I will never know. He may a score a try but let's in just as many, a real speed bump in defence. I think only the bulldogs Jamal Idris was worse in defence than him last weekend.

Wobbygong

First Grade
If you love your club, sometimes you have to spear it badly.

You have to hurt peoples feelings.

You have to turn on your own.

You have to be ruthless.

Thats what we did at Souths.

and where did it get Souths Dave? battling for 10th or 11th spot, missing the finals for yet another year.

abpanther

Staff member
Jennings is woeful in defence how he made the SOO side I will never know. He may a score a try but let's in just as many, a real speed bump in defence. I think only the bulldogs Jamal Idris was worse in defence than him last weekend.

In defense is where you show your heart and commitment, Jennings lacks this at times. Like Pritchard, I think he is picking up bad tendencies and is only interested in scoring tries.

I hope I am wrong...

TeamSatan

Juniors
Have we hit bottom ?
Only when i stand up and declare myself proud of my middle eastern heritage ( well i went to lebanon once ) and am now a bulldog fan......close but not yet.

The only positive from yesterday was the way the team used that brilliant turn the ball back inside move to perfection and what dividends it paid......

We all know the score....the club is run by dumb arse westies, whose only interest is how much money they can pilfer out of it all , whilst doing no work and never being held accountable for their incompetence.

Who will lead us in this hour of our greatest need ???

Who is the spartacus of Penrith ??

Are you the one whose gonna stand up and be counted ?

Dave Q

Coach
and where did it get Souths Dave? battling for 10th or 11th spot, missing the finals for yet another year.

Yeah, I made that point earlier, but at least we are not expecting to get bent over for the next decade or two like the Panthers fans are.

A mate of mine told me today that he thought that the Panthers are a s**t club and they will always be s**t so long as they are managed by the same group of selfish dickheads.

And hes a card-carrying member of the bloody West Tigers.

Things are bad out here,real bad. People are sick of ithe nconsistency.

All the Panther rank and file want is a competitive team that has some kind of chance. They dont want gold, just a chance of pocketing it.

The way its going:-

There is no future for the common Panther fan, they are an endangered species.

Why subject yourself to so much misery?

Its not good enough for management to sing the same old song every fugging year while other clubs with less talent, less money and a lot less heart seem to make the finals with relative ease.

The axe must swing and the sound of footballing terror must echo across the valleys.

Blood must be spilt.

Last edited:

mightypanther

Juniors
The saddest part is that while I'm bitterly dissapointed I'm not even the least bit surprised.

I hear ya CP.....and I feel ya pain...:x:crazy::oops:
The worst part is I'll bet the useless management are still too up themselves and too arrogant to think they did anything wrong by extending smelliott's contract, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were dumb enough to believe that things are still looking up for next season...](*,)

mightypanther

Juniors
Surely the bloke will be leading the markets when they frame the odds for first coach to go in 201o.

I'm sure he'll be leading the odds to go CP, but that doesn't mean our management would have the guts or brains to actually send him anywhere.

They had their chance to get rid of him....and they friggin blew it.