What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Elliott Disappreciation Society

When will he go?

• He'll be shafted by the halfway mark to the season.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • He'll see out the season but not re-signed.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • He'll be re-signed for 3 years by Mick Leary in July.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I don't care, I'm just stoked he's no longer at Canberra!

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Caged Panther

First Grade
John Lang won us a premiership and his time was considered up after five yeras. Surely Matt Elliott who has done SFA won't get another extention to his contract next year on the back of making up the numbers in the finals this year and doing nothing the other four.

Oh wait, that's right, I forgot how f**ked in the head our management is!

pantherz9103

First Grade
A finals spot isn't even assured. We need to win 1 more game to get there atleast. I wouldn't put it past Elliot to bugger it all up. Fuming today.

stretcher

Juniors
A finals spot isn't even assured. We need to win 1 more game to get there atleast. I wouldn't put it past Elliot to bugger it all up. Fuming today.
He has got what he wanted and still at this time of the year it starts to fall over i hope they make the semis but it cant be a coincedence that it happens at this time of the year he struggles to gothe next level and after watching todays game he wont make the hard call and get rid of that turnstyle purtell and give jennings more ball i havent seen a backline move with block passes and decoys all year....all it is 4forwards then luke lewis runs across field looking for a hole then walsh puts up a bomb so predictable...

Fibroman

First Grade
He has got what he wanted and still at this time of the year it starts to fall over i hope they make the semis but it cant be a coincedence that it happens at this time of the year he struggles to gothe next level and after watching todays game he wont make the hard call and get rid of that turnstyle purtell and give jennings more ball i havent seen a backline move with block passes and decoys all year....all it is 4forwards then luke lewis runs across field looking for a hole then walsh puts up a bomb so predictable...

Tigers ran Ellis at our little blokes all day, and Lawrence and Benji ran at Purtell. It's not rocket science.

Once again I can't believe I agree with you Stretcher, the only time Jennings sees the ball is if he goes into dummy half.

Purtell has done nothing all year, except take a couple of intercepts and score a couple of tries off kicks.

Kilkenny

Coach
Point 1: ME has clearly not selected the best 17 in our recent run of five losses and one defeat.

Point 2: Whether we like it or not, Adrian Purtell has been a liability, in defence, and clearly this deficiency needs to be rectified starting this friday night againgst the Bunnies.

Point 3: The for Dane Laurie brigade must surely now recognise this guy is not NRL standard and he should be be afforded a spot in the top grade again this season.

Point 4: Despite the decision of management to resign Travis Burns to a long term deal and releasing Wade Graham, clearly Wade Graham needs to be our fiveeighth if we are to have any chance in 2010.

Point 5: ME needs to select a bench which includes Masada and two front rowers, the fourth bench player can be a utility. ME has got his bench wrong two weeks runnings and it has cost us dearly.

Despite the five obvious issues me ntioned above we clearly can secure a top four position provided we select the right 17 and the side performs for 80 minutes.

I think we will starting this week against the Bunnies, but some slight adjustments have to be made starting with Adrian Purtell being dropped and Bob Blair being brought in.

Fibroman

First Grade
Point 1: ME has clearly not selected the best 17 in our recent run of five losses and one defeat.

Point 2: Whether we like it or not, Adrian Purtell has been a liability, in defence, and clearly this deficiency needs to be rectified starting this friday night againgst the Bunnies.

Point 3: The for Dane Laurie brigade must surely now recognise this guy is not NRL standard and he should be be afforded a spot in the top grade again this season.

Point 4: Despite the decision of management to resign Travis Burns to a long term deal and releasing Wade Graham, clearly Wade Graham needs to be our fiveeighth if we are to have any chance in 2010.

Point 5: ME needs to select a bench which includes Masada and two front rowers, the fourth bench player can be a utility. ME has got his bench wrong two weeks runnings and it has cost us dearly.

Despite the five obvious issues me ntioned above we clearly can secure a top four position provided we select the right 17 and the side performs for 80 minutes.

I think we will starting this week against the Bunnies, but some slight adjustments have to be made starting with Adrian Purtell being dropped and Bob Blair being brought in.

Forget about footy for this season. Penrith are spent. Focus on your radio interview techniques and who burn't the council chambers down.

abpanther

Staff member
Figured it was time to bring this baby back.

In all seriousness he has to go, the team is obviously under performing, his selections alone warrant instant dismissal

Big Mick

Referee
If Daniel Anderson gets sacked a year after taking his team to a grand final....what does that say about Penrith and their incompetence in not sacking this guy after doing f**k all for 5 years.

Its time to move on.

We'll never be a premiership team with him in charge.

Bob

Juniors
If Daniel Anderson gets sacked a year after taking his team to a grand final....what does that say about Penrith and their incompetence in not sacking this guy after doing f**k all for 5 years.

Its time to move on.

We'll never be a premiership team with him in charge.
couldn't agree more Mick, it's time to part comapny with this guy, Club should send an SOS to Brian Noble, he's not coaching anywhere at the moment

mxlegend99

Referee
I'll take anyone who doesn't show Adrian Purtell favoritism. So basically anyone who isn't Matt Elliott.

Would love to see a coach that worships Gordon. It would be pretty easy to improve our side by moving him to centre, and instructing the halves to get him or Jennings the ball nice and early atleast once a set. I figure if our halves get each of them the ball nice and early several times each game they'll each manage to do the rest on their own. Throw in dummy half runs, waiting around for offloads etc. and they would finally be realising their potential.

Panfas

Juniors
I usually give ME the benefit of the doubt for his coaching sometimes even defending him, but yesterday was terrible. How can a team be so il-disciplined for the very first game? How can the coach not instruct the players to stay behind the kicker!?