What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

footyboy7

Juniors
ahh k who played well for the teams

and predictions for the grand final

Windsor defeated Brothers in the 16s, leading to a qualifier on wednesday against St Marys. My prediction is that St Marys will win this and then unfortunately for St marys i think Glenmore Park will win the GF.

In the 17s St Marys won 40-16. Beside the scoreline it was a great game. St Marys scored a consolation try at the end of each half. Eisunhuth, Lekkas, Butler Flemming and especially Chris Nay(#6) played well. St Marys best player was fullback John Faiumu unstoppable.
SG Ball coaches will find it tough picking betwenn Faiumu and Mataia for fullback, Mataia plays fiveeighth for Saints.

Brothers C Grade Pumped St Marys 34-10. Best Players were Harlie Archer, Alan Eisunhuth and for St Marys Jordan Tagoloa and Shane Smith.

So opinions please.
John Faiumu or Nich Mataia? and why?

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Windsor defeated Brothers in the 16s, leading to a qualifier on wednesday against St Marys. My prediction is that St Marys will win this and then unfortunately for St marys i think Glenmore Park will win the GF.

In the 17s St Marys won 40-16. Beside the scoreline it was a great game. St Marys scored a consolation try at the end of each half. Eisunhuth, Lekkas, Butler Flemming and especially Chris Nay(#6) played well. St Marys best player was fullback John Faiumu unstoppable.
SG Ball coaches will find it tough picking betwenn Faiumu and Mataia for fullback, Mataia plays fiveeighth for Saints.

Brothers C Grade Pumped St Marys 34-10. Best Players were Harlie Archer, Alan Eisunhuth and for St Marys Jordan Tagoloa and Shane Smith.

So opinions please.

my mail is that john cannot play sg ball due to his religion leaving the door wide open for nick

i think nick would still have him in terms of defense and the ability to read the game

corner post

Juniors
my mail is that john cannot play sg ball due to his religion leaving the door wide open for nick

i think nick would still have him in terms of defense and the ability to read the game

i think your right art vandalay i am sure faimu cant play on saturdays so mataia would have to be the next choice

corner post

Juniors
If you mean Tevita Feilikatou. He was told to sign or he wont be going on the NZ tour, lets just say he wont be going to NZ. It wasnt a very good contract. Taefu not confirmed yet.....
what do you meen wasnt very good contract,there would be hundreds of kids wanting the chance to score a contract

Art Vandalay

Juniors
what do you meen wasnt very good contract,there would be hundreds of kids wanting the chance to score a contract

yer exactly right but i think hes trying to say not that good in terms of the other contracts running around as well as mayve what union was offering

corner post

Juniors
yer exactly right but i think hes trying to say not that good in terms of the other contracts running around as well as mayve what union was offering
yeah i can understand that he maybe waiting on the union offer but too many kids these days are paid too much and you cant blame the players it is the clubs problem, in my opinion they seem to loose there hunger once they have the big dollars

Art Vandalay

Juniors
yeah i can understand that he maybe waiting on the union offer but too many kids these days are paid too much and you cant blame the players it is the clubs problem, in my opinion they seem to loose there hunger once they have the big dollars

yer i understand and agree with u

any-news on when the squads will be announced surely lower mountains must have a few in their cumming 3rd

stretcher

Juniors
he said depth 2 front rowers is not depth
two front rowers is not enough given that jakiel and chook will have a tough time playing a hard game every week and history tells us there are always injuries to key positions.....one injury to a front rower and thats it cant pull up any academy players once the comp starts look at last year..

footyboy7

Juniors
Tbh i dont think Chook is a superstar. I think he will need to put on a lot of weight before he "carves up" Harold Matts.
John cant play because of his religion? Is that meaning he has church on saturday or something?
So is Jon Taefu, staying at Penrith?
Any news on the New Zealand squad?

corner post

Juniors
Are u serious??? Jakiel and Chook are goong to cause major havoc on teams.
sweet as what planet are you on,i said depth in the front row how is chook and jakiel going to play 60 minutes week after week in probably the hardest under 16s comp in the world, you are going to need quality in the front row to give them a rest in games and i hope they dont get busted

stretcher

Juniors
Tbh i dont think Chook is a superstar. I think he will need to put on a lot of weight before he "carves up" Harold Matts.
John cant play because of his religion? Is that meaning he has church on saturday or something?
So is Jon Taefu, staying at Penrith?
Any news on the New Zealand squad?
john faimu is a senenth day adventist which means church satdays and john taefu would be a massive lost if he didnt stay he was best on ground again on sunday.........

summit

Juniors
two front rowers is not enough given that jakiel and chook will have a tough time playing a hard game every week and history tells us there are always injuries to key positions.....one injury to a front rower and thats it cant pull up any academy players once the comp starts look at last year..
i agree stretcher i dont think jakiel or chook will last that long in a harold matthews game with the speed as the game is these days. u need other front rowers up to jakiel and chooks standards and i think jakiel wont carve up as the opposition will not be scared to tackle him. like when he plays for st marys all that comp is scared of him wich makes him so dominate:crazy:

murraymob

Coach
you guys have mentioned penrith contracts for these kids.What sort of money are we talking about

Last edited:

Bashem

Juniors
i agree stretcher i dont think jakiel or chook will last that long in a harold matthews game with the speed as the game is these days. u need other front rowers up to jakiel and chooks standards and i think jakiel wont carve up as the opposition will not be scared to tackle him. like when he plays for st marys all that comp is scared of him wich makes him so dominate:crazy:

Im pretty sure Jakeil will carve up , He did play in the WSAS hm this year , And did get Players player , so it does say even if people are not scared to tackle him he is still a standout and esspecially that being up an age , imagin the impact he will put on in hm 2010

brothersleague

Juniors

So opinions please.

i agree, besides the score was a very entertaining game, lower mountains were a credit, all thru semis performed and pushed st marys harder then alot of sides hav been able to do, i did think those 4 from them had blinders, as with the hooker, once again performed well, i think his name is bull or somethin?? he had rep experience before?? and yea john faiumu over mataia i reckon, he is a freak, proved it on the weekend, pepa also played strongly, loved the pepa v butler flemming battle

Art Vandalay

Juniors
i agree, besides the score was a very entertaining game, lower mountains were a credit, all thru semis performed and pushed st marys harder then alot of sides hav been able to do, i did think those 4 from them had blinders, as with the hooker, once again performed well, i think his name is bull or somethin?? he had rep experience before?? and yea john faiumu over mataia i reckon, he is a freak, proved it on the weekend, pepa also played strongly, loved the pepa v butler flemming battle

yer that was a great battle yer bully na no rep experience his trys very hard though

lower mountains must have a few in the team cumming 3rd