What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

summit

Juniors
Im pretty sure Jakeil will carve up , He did play in the WSAS hm this year , And did get Players player , so it does say even if people are not scared to tackle him he is still a standout and esspecially that being up an age , imagin the impact he will put on in hm 2010
yes i agree he did carve up in wsas but i watched the st clair st marys game everyone is catching up to him and he is not as dominate as he used to be

stretcher

Juniors
yes i agree he did carve up in wsas but i watched the st clair st marys game everyone is catching up to him and he is not as dominate as he used to be
that is so true summit and because he has already played matts he will be marked and lets not forget there are a heap of players from parra and buldogs and even balmain sharks roosters and dragons that have played matts as well like jakiel...they are catching him and two tries from dummy half on the weekend says a lot??

corner post

Juniors
that is so true summit and because he has already played matts he will be marked and lets not forget there are a heap of players from parra and buldogs and even balmain sharks roosters and dragons that have played matts as well like jakiel...they are catching him and two tries from dummy half on the weekend says a lot??
yeah stretcher i seen that game on the weekend they are certainly starting to catch jakiel and the big thing last year in the matts was he was a bit of a dark horse and now everyone knows who he is will be interesting

corner post

Juniors
yer that was a great battle yer bully na no rep experience his trys very hard though

lower mountains must have a few in the team cumming 3rd
yeah i agree lower blue much improved side i think eisenhuth is a standout the amount of ground he covers in a game is amazing and i think butler-fleming and lekkas will break into ball squad

stretcher

Juniors
yer that was a great battle yer bully na no rep experience his trys very hard though

lower mountains must have a few in the team cumming 3rd
i actually think butlerfleming won that battle and my imfo tells me lower blue will only have eisunhuth,lekkas and butlerfleming in the ball squad and chris nay has caught the eye but has to many quality players in front of him unfortunately,,..

Art Vandalay

Juniors
i actually think butlerfleming won that battle and my imfo tells me lower blue will only have eisunhuth,lekkas and butlerfleming in the ball squad and chris nay has caught the eye but has to many quality players in front of him unfortunately,,..

mm yer it is unfortunate i rat him very highly

what is the news on how many and the structure of the squad and acdemy and what not ????

half_back

Juniors
mm yer it is unfortunate i rat him very highly

what is the news on how many and the structure of the squad and acdemy and what not ????

At this stage Lekkas isnt in. He isnt even in the possibles. Perhaps his game on he weekend might change that but as of last selection meeting he wasnt in the plans. Eisenhuth and Butler-Flemming are both in NZ squad so they definitely in. Most likely will be in Penrith final Ball Squad, trial form permitting.

footyboy7

Juniors
how aSt Marys 22 - 8 Windsor.
Tai two tries played well, also Joel Waddell had a great game.

Whats is the go with the Penriths 17s Developement structure?
Ie squad numbers and games.

Anyone know?

stretcher

Juniors
yer that sounds right any news on when the squads will be announced and

tips for this week and tnite
not sure on squad announcement but my guess would be straight after grand finals given the ball squad has 20 players going to nz early october and a game against st helens late october.

brothersleague

Juniors
At this stage Lekkas isnt in. He isnt even in the possibles. Perhaps his game on he weekend might change that but as of last selection meeting he wasnt in the plans. Eisenhuth and Butler-Flemming are both in NZ squad so they definitely in. Most likely will be in Penrith final Ball Squad, trial form permitting.

see i think thats a blunder from selectors, like dont get me wrong i am not like in awe of lekkas or anything but i do think he is good, scored 4 against brothers and well the thing that gets me tho, no matter who the player, is that the guys takin his spots r dyl curtis, corey carl, and sam hollis, all whom hav been part of a side with a combined total of 8 rep players, those 3, plus 5 from development, one of their development players even got player of championship for penrith at nyngan trip so how can a side so full of red hot players, having a bench with more then 17 and cutting the unlucky ones each week, have 3 definates considered when they came in tier b!??

surely penrith selectors will see that they must have underperforemed in that team, whereas i was watching the lower blue bench on the weekend, they had 2, and apparently one was 15!! (i heard someone say anyways, i need verification) and they hav finished 3rd, wont penrith realise how much lekkas jake and tom must have been carrying the side?

i think politics plays to big of a role and they need to pick form players, sorry, windsor boys arent on form

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
see i think thats a blunder from selectors, like dont get me wrong i am not like in awe of lekkas or anything but i do think he is good, scored 4 against brothers and well the thing that gets me tho, no matter who the player, is that the guys takin his spots r dyl curtis, corey carl, and sam hollis, all whom hav been part of a side with a combined total of 8 rep players, those 3, plus 5 from development, one of their development players even got player of championship for penrith at nyngan trip so how can a side so full of red hot players, having a bench with more then 17 and cutting the unlucky ones each week, have 3 definates considered when they came in tier b!??

surely penrith selectors will see that they must have underperforemed in that team, whereas i was watching the lower blue bench on the weekend, they had 2, and apparently one was 15!! (i heard someone say anyways, i need verification) and they hav finished 3rd, wont penrith realise how much lekkas jake and tom must have been carrying the side?

i think politics plays to big of a role and they need to pick form players, sorry, windsor boys arent on form
i wouldnt be so sure hes not in every one has been talking about lekkas and there are some selectors who have a pretty good eye...at least i hope there are......

sweet-as

Juniors
how aSt Marys 22 - 8 Windsor.
Tai two tries played well, also Joel Waddell had a great game.

Whats is the go with the Penriths 17s Developement structure?
Ie squad numbers and games.

Anyone know?

St marys will need a miracle to beat Glenmore. The quick turnaround is going to kill them.
One of their backrowers did his knee, their winger come off clutching his ribs and Doran spent the whole second half hobbling around the field with his clearly not healed broken ribs.

As for the structure of the 17s development it must be a massive squad because just by asking around I know of about 30 boys that recieved letter to play some maori side next week.

corner post

Juniors
St marys will need a miracle to beat Glenmore. The quick turnaround is going to kill them.
One of their backrowers did his knee, their winger come off clutching his ribs and Doran spent the whole second half hobbling around the field with his clearly not healed broken ribs.

As for the structure of the 17s development it must be a massive squad because just by asking around I know of about 30 boys that recieved letter to play some maori side next week.
i heard also there is a under 16s team from qld coming down to play the same night as the maori game so i would assume that is why there is such a big squad the qld side will be rather strong the matts side of 2008 went up there last year and got touched up

corner post

Juniors

corner post

Juniors
i think lekkas is a big chance his end of season form has been good as for the windsor boys probably agree hasent been a good year for the wolves after getting off to a poor start and in the end were to far behind to end up in tier a ,i know for a fact did have coaching dramas at the start and sometimes when players dont like the coach they wont perform to there ability

stretcher

Juniors
i think lekkas is a big chance his end of season form has been good as for the windsor boys probably agree hasent been a good year for the wolves after getting off to a poor start and in the end were to far behind to end up in tier a ,i know for a fact did have coaching dramas at the start and sometimes when players dont like the coach they wont perform to there ability
in my opinion the likes of curtis,hollis,and corey carl deserve to be in the ball they were outstanding when they played matts 2years ago and last year they all played ball at academy and if i do recall didnt just beat penrith but smashed them as well as as beating winning three more games in that comp and never really got beat by much in those losses besides a touch up by newcastle...........

corner post

Juniors
in my opinion the likes of curtis,hollis,and corey carl deserve to be in the ball they were outstanding when they played matts 2years ago and last year they all played ball at academy and if i do recall didnt just beat penrith but smashed them as well as as beating winning three more games in that comp and never really got beat by much in those losses besides a touch up by newcastle...........
yeah i agree stretcher the 3 windsor boys should be there they will perform when it counts but i also think the 3 from lower blue should be there as well
anyway whats your thoughts on this weeks big games
16s glenmore v st marys
17s st clair v st marys
c grade st clair v brothers

Last edited:

Latest posts