What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Nations will be very one sided

hutch

First Grade
by the looks of it you don't have much of a choice...lol

dont get too cocky spud, i love your confidence, and i rate the english forward pack very much, but any team with civoneceva, smith, watmough, hindmarsh, gallen, thaiday, hannant etc is a bloody good team. they have proven a hell of a lot more at test level than your lot. it will be a great contest, but dont think a team with the most consistent prop in the world over the last 5 years in civo, the current best backrower in watmough, and the best two hookers in smith and farah is weak.

roughyedspud

Coach
it's international season hutch...someone has to blow englands trumpet....plus you all should know me by now i'm not one to blow smoke up the aussies backside...they are there to be knocked over and i go into every game against them as if it's my last....ROLL ON THE 31TH

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
it's international season hutch...someone has to blow englands trumpet.. :lol:

and you do it very well! have always loved the passion, can only imagine how many pints you would consume if your country actually won an international tournament!

Goddo

Bench
so long as we dont insist on picking a piss weak forward pack again.

:crazy:

Looking at the Pack picked....

:roll:

Facepalm

:x

Go New Zealand, England and France...

When will the Australian team be picked on current form and not reputation? Hodges has been flat and should be replaced by J Moris.
Creagh? Poore? Ennis?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Wow Goddo, you really are upset no St George players were picked. You support a suburb more then your country. Sounds like a bloddy Queenslander.

user_nat

Coach
:crazy:
Hodges has been flat and should be replaced by J Moris.
Flat? His made more meters than any other Broncos player this year.
2580 meters in 18 games (143 per game).
Compared to J Morris' 1849 meters in 21 games (88 per game).
It's also more than Jennings 1925 in 19 games.
AND more per game than Inglis' 2689 in 22 games (122per game).

You and me have very different opinions on flat. I couldn't actually find any centres with more meters.

Although his only scored 3 tries, but there are plenty of other people in the Aussie backline to score tries.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Flat? His made more meters than any other Broncos player this year.
2580 meters in 18 games (143 per game).
Compared to J Morris' 1849 meters in 21 games (88 per game).
It's also more than Jennings 1925 in 19 games.
AND more per game than Inglis' 2689 in 22 games (122per game).

You and me have very different opinions on flat. I couldn't actually find any centres with more meters.

Although his only scored 3 tries, but there are plenty of other people in the Aussie backline to score tries.

Metres isn't a true indication of form.

He was absolutely taken to school by Jarrod Croker this year. Now I've got big wraps on Croker, but in no way should a rookie be outperforming the supposed "best centre in the world" by such a great margin.

Hodges is very, very, VERY lucky to be touring.

user_nat

Coach
Metres isn't a true indication of form.

He was absolutely taken to school by Jarrod Croker this year. Now I've got big wraps on Croker, but in no way should a rookie be outperforming the supposed "best centre in the world" by such a great margin.

Hodges is very, very, VERY lucky to be touring.
The point was more that "flat" players don't usually move alot.

League is a game of meters. If your not going forward, your not going to win. But yeah, there is more to it than just that. It's an easy stat to quote though.
If you watch enough Brisbane games you would know there are few players more valuable.

Really the whole Brisbane team were taken to school and smashed that day.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The point was more that "flat" players don't usually move alot.

League is a game of meters. If your not going forward, your not going to win. But yeah, there is more to it than just that. It's an easy stat to quote though.
If you watch enough Brisbane games you would know there are few players more valuable.

Really the whole Brisbane team were taken to school and smashed that day.

One day, they got smashed in one friggin game. I cant remember how many times Justin Hodges has got past 3 players and still gets the ball away. They guy is one of the top 5 centers and will be for the rest of his career.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im very curious to see England vs NZ. Both teams will have alot of young players in the side and both will go in with no fear. Could be a classic.

Im very curious to see England vs NZ. Both teams will have alot of young players in the side and both will go in with no fear. Could be a classic.

I'm looking forward to it to. It will make for a great final. I have no doubt we'll be playing the Poms in that game.

Latest posts