What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2010 team

Talanexor

Juniors
At least we got the better Williams. But yeah, I'd love to have Farrar back too.

Bani has his place in the team, but he'll have to work for it. If he does his job well, maybe he'll get the waterboy gig full-time. That's the closes I ever want to see him to first grade.

Tommax25

Bench
Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Lyon
Wolfy (he was great one season, bad to average the second, so another shot he deserves, if not...)/Farrar
Foran (MUST RE-SIGN)
Orford (rotating hopefully Hodgknison if he stays)
King
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Kite
Stewart

Rose
Gulavo
Rodney
Utility of some sort (Farrar/Hodgkinson/some other under 20's hooker/half)

dikefalos

Juniors
2010 team

1.B.Stewart
2.M.Robertson
3.S.Matai
4.J.Lyon gk
5.D.Williams
6.K.Foran
7.M.Orford c
13.C.Bailey
12.G.Stewart
11.A.Watmough
10.B.kite
9.M.Ballin
8.J.Perry

14.S.Rodney
15.J.Galavao
16.G.Rose
17.J.King

18.B.Farrar
19.T.Hodkinson
20.A.Suniula
21.W.Hopoate
22.M.Cross
23.V.Mauro
24.D.Lussick
25.T.Williams

Last edited:

dikefalos

Juniors
Foran in the 2011 line-up dikefalos?
i hope so but my mail is they are struggling to keep him and if a massive offer comes from another club similar to what happened to JWH(the roosters paid 240k a season) he will go.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Cherry-Evans didn't ask for a release. Manly didn't want him. The Grieve brothers (Jon/Matt) have signed with Wynnum Manly.

D

Deleted member 10972

Liam Foran will be signing with Manly for next season, rest assured.

What will happen is, K Foran will be groomed into five-eighth next year, and if he is a success, I believe L Foran will be tried as the halfback with Orford possibly being pushed out of the club.

Will be great seeing Manly vs Roosters in the coming years - the Foran brothers v Pearce and Carney.

dikefalos

Juniors
Liam Foran will be signing with Manly for next season, rest assured.

What will happen is, K Foran will be groomed into five-eighth next year, and if he is a success, I believe L Foran will be tried as the halfback with Orford possibly being pushed out of the club.

Will be great seeing Manly vs Roosters in the coming years - the Foran brothers v Pearce and Carney.
Im know hearing there is a strong chance orford wont be at manly next year & will chase the big dollars @ the raiders allowing the sea eagles to sign mitchell pearce.

MSIH

Bench
Didn't Pearce re-sign with the Roosters for a couple more years early doors this year?

footy watch

Juniors
as a manly supporter, i can only see one way. And that is down the table. orford is terrible. has the worst kicking game in nrl
matai. always injured and holding his neck
jamie lyon. over it and wants to go back to uk
robbo. showed he had nothing at fullback and slowing
wolfman.disgraceful 2nd year but give him a chance
jason king. too big and no mobility.
shall i go on?????

problem is,the game evolves.even when you win a premiership, you always need to buy new faces to add to the squad.this also makes it competetive for positions. This year has shown that manly have capitulated and only hope is to clean out most nof the above, and build for the future and give fans something to cheer and follow!!!

ostrich20

Juniors
I agree with a couple of your comments, bar Jason King, Robertson, and Lyon.

King - just behind Rose as our best forward. recovered well from a injury stricken 2008 and stepped in when forwards like Kite and Perry were struggling. I would have him over Perry.

Robertson - definately harsh to judge him on his first season at fullback, covering a player the quality of stewart, the problem wasn't robertson, it was that Manly didn't adjust to being without stewart, and robertson sought of had to mould his game that way which didn't work.

Lyon - Was our best for the first half of the season, but then carried an injury for the second half of the season which limited his performance.

Our season didn't "capitulate" because of no new players, it capitulated because of:

* Stewart court case rollover affect
* Heavy pre-season scheduled (couple with world cup last year on squad)
* Being premiers, the team to beat all year, opposition aimed up.

caspersparks

Juniors
there was a total lack of hunger this year, i dont think a total clean out is the answer (though i think a new half back wouldnt b a bad idea)..

next year is the important one, if were still struggling, then yeah.. its time then

dikefalos

Juniors
as a manly supporter, i can only see one way. And that is down the table. orford is terrible. has the worst kicking game in nrl
matai. always injured and holding his neck
jamie lyon. over it and wants to go back to uk
robbo. showed he had nothing at fullback and slowing
wolfman.disgraceful 2nd year but give him a chance
jason king. too big and no mobility.
shall i go on?????

problem is,the game evolves.even when you win a premiership, you always need to buy new faces to add to the squad.this also makes it competetive for positions. This year has shown that manly have capitulated and only hope is to clean out most nof the above, and build for the future and give fans something to cheer and follow!!!
thats a harsh call these guys bleed for each other every week and are like brothers the fact is the average fan on the street wil never know how the events of the season launch rocked the team or how devastated the players were 24hrs before the semi against the storm. eg the captain was up with a grieving player the whole night before the semi.

Scarves

Juniors
So next years team is beginning to shape. Should be an interesting year, a year which turns into a new chapter for Manly, a new captain, a new halfback and a chance to consolidate with youth and forge more success. I was a massive Matt Orford fan and the success our club has had under his stewardship (and his partnership with Des Hasler) has been as good as it gets, twice in the decider, a premiership and the status as world club champions. Most importantly Manly have been a competitive have a go team since Orfords arrival on these fair beaches, and as a fan that is all one can ask.

I do think however the timing of the end of this partnership is favourable for both parties. Orford and Manly appeared to have "squeezed the orange dry", I don't think there was any room for improvement left with the run on team in this current format, the cycle for mine had drawn to its conclusion. Ultimately this is a courgeous decision for both Manly and Matty, I believe both will benefit.

So next year looks like either a halves pairing of Jamie Lyon and Keiron Foran or a fresh halves combo of Foran and Trent Hodkinson. Trent led the Sunshine Coast team to success in Queensland Cup and came to our program with excellent raps from Parramatta as a halfback. Either way it's an exciting time for the Sea Eagles and their fans. A time for new hope.

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
Scarves......Have to agree 100% with your comments....i hope hodkinson can handle the step up...if he does we will have options all over the park...assuming he can ,we could have a settled 5/8 in foran , and centres lyon ,matai , farrer. lets not forget we battled for most of the year without the snake..massive difference and also massive boost to confidence .....so onward and upward....cant wait for 2010.

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
i think the backs pick themselves....

1. stewart
2. robbo
3. matai
4. lyon
5. wolfman
6. foran
7. hodkinson

farrer as the reserve back

imo..the forwards i would start the season off with would be..

8. kite
9. ballin
10. perry
11. watmough
12. galuvao
13. stewart

reserves

14. farrer
15. king
16 cross
17. seu seu

Im hoping for big things from cross...been out a while and imo could be the real find for the team , even moreso than galuvao , who's form towards the end of 2009 was very good.

Latest posts