What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuifui open to Eels unless better deal comes along

lucablight

First Grade
THE most popular man in the NRL has declared he's still on the market for a new contract - and Kiwis prop Fuifui Moimoi's revelation is sure to attract interest from clubs in both hemispheres.
Moimoi, discounting rumours he had been directly approached by English club Warrington, said he was ready to begin negotiating with the Eels over a deal to replace the one that expires in 2010. But he has warned the club he is open to other offers and will take the best deal.
Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo was Moimoi's agent but to avoid a conflict of interest, Moimoi has changed representatives to Isaac Moses, who has opened talks with Parramatta.
Moimoi said he knew nothing of the Warrington bid but added: ''If the club wants me to stay, I will stay at the club but I also have to do what's best for me and my family. At the moment, I think it's only talk.
''I am happy with the club, but whatever comes up, I will have to look after my family and I will take that.''
Moimoi hinted he would seriously consider any strong English offers for 2011, especially given the Eels' salary cap issues. ''I think Haynesy [Jarryd Hayne] has taken all the money, so it will be hard,'' he laughed.

link: http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...eal-comes-along/2009/10/24/1256147922812.html

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...eal-comes-along/2009/10/24/1256147922812.html

Fuifui open to Eels unless better deal comes along

October 25, 2009

THE most popular man in the NRL has declared he's still on the market for a new contract - and Kiwis prop Fuifui Moimoi's revelation is sure to attract interest from clubs in both hemispheres.

Moimoi, discounting rumours he had been directly approached by English club Warrington, said he was ready to begin negotiating with the Eels over a deal to replace the one that expires in 2010. But he has warned the club he is open to other offers and will take the best deal.

Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo was Moimoi's agent but to avoid a conflict of interest, Moimoi has changed representatives to Isaac Moses, who has opened talks with Parramatta.

Moimoi said he knew nothing of the Warrington bid but added: ''If the club wants me to stay, I will stay at the club but I also have to do what's best for me and my family. At the moment, I think it's only talk.

''I am happy with the club, but whatever comes up, I will have to look after my family and I will take that.''

Moimoi hinted he would seriously consider any strong English offers for 2011, especially given the Eels' salary cap issues. ''I think Haynesy [Jarryd Hayne] has taken all the money, so it will be hard,'' he laughed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If he does leave, it will only be because someone made him a great offer which will help him take care of his family. Can't begrudge the man that.

Hope he stays.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, he is probably the most under payed player at our club. Id like to see him extend for an extra year (2010 and 2011) but I cant see that. He seems destined for England.

half

Coach
let's just win the premiership next year cos after that i won't give a sh*t til i'm 40 or so

Stagger eel

Staff member
this is a nothing article which is purely based on getting a reaction from Parra supporters, which it did going by Luca's response..lol

yes he's off contract in 2011, but so is half our squad, also he will be 32 in 2011 so we need to be very careful with what we offer him and for how long.

personaly, I would focus on Hayne (if he's not already done) Morts and Mateo before Fui at this stage.

Ridders

Coach
Yeah it's kinda like the Thurston articles that come out saying that Johnathan is looking at all his options.

What else would be f**king do!

strider

Post Whore
this is a nothing article which is purely based on getting a reaction from Parra supporters, which it did going by Luca's response..lol

yes he's off contract in 2011, but so is half our squad, also he will be 32 in 2011 so we need to be very careful with what we offer him and for how long.

personaly, I would focus on Hayne (if he's not already done) Morts and Mateo before Fui at this stage.
don't think anyone's really reacted much tbh

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fui will be off to the UK by 2011, hopefully on a massive salary. And good on him he deserves it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think one more year may be about it for Fui, if he's 32 in 2011 then it would surely one be 1 year deals from then on.

hindy111

Post Whore
id give him a 2 yrs extension max...i dont think anyones body can hold up to the sort of punishment he puts his thru week in week out

Fitz

Juniors
I've said it before and I will say it again...

If Fuifui is allowed to leave I will no longer support the club. He must retire in an eels jersey

Voodoo Rock

Juniors
Will resign morts and mateo as our two key signings next year then go after fui.

As the number 1 prop at the moment he'd be commanding at least 325 00 on the open market, and I could see quite a few super league clubs ponying up more than that