What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if ...

druzik

Juniors
England Beat Australia.
France beat New Zealand and Australia
New Zealand beat England.

England 4
France 4
New Zealand 3
Australia 1

Would it be right to kick France out next year?

stormtragic

Juniors
England Beat Australia.
France beat New Zealand and Australia
New Zealand beat England.

England 4
France 4
New Zealand 3
Australia 1

Would it be right to kick France out next year?

Yes, because they wont draw crowds out here

where as PNG or Cook Islands will have plenty of support..

It isn't right to kick them out. Relegation should never be a thing considered. It does nothing good for France.

druzik

Juniors
Yes, because they wont draw crowds out here

where as PNG or Cook Islands will have plenty of support..

Sorry that is so not the right attitude to have... If they end up being a strong team then how do you know they wont pull a big crowd, they certaionly managed it in the 50's and 60's withtheir all conquoring world Champions teams, so why not if the come in second?

We saw in the WC last year that Australia v PNG pulled a poor crowd, so sis the PNG v NZ and PNG v ENgland games, with France there at least are already established rivalries etc there... france before 2005 were actually the last team to have beaten Australia in a tour or Major competition.

I say dont underestimate the French, they have nothing to loose.

Cook Islands, where is their support base though? I am assuming out in the PI communities in Western Sydney no? So would Penrith or Parra be a good venue for some of their games? (If they get through)

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Na na its cool, people will probably ignor it if they see that I posted it. Besides, gives me another chance to make a few more posts so that my post count makes me look as if I am a wise one of these forums.

Ill say what I said before in my one, I think that the 4th placed side of the 4Nations, should play the winner of the winner of a Euro Cup vs Pac Cup match.

So,

PNG win Pac Cup
Wales win Euro Cup
Wales vs PNG with the winner vs the 4th placed 4Nations side, probably France, for a spot in the 2010 4Nations. Sure its 2 extra matches we need to fit in the calender, but its do-able. If the Euro Cup was a week shorter or was played a week earlier, the Euro Cup and Pac Cup Finals would be this weekend, Pac winner vs Euro winner next weekend, with the winner vs 4th 4Nations side as an undercard to the 4Nations final. Possible?

bender

Juniors
Na na its cool, people will probably ignor it if they see that I posted it. Besides, gives me another chance to make a few more posts so that my post count makes me look as if I am a wise one of these forums.

Ill say what I said before in my one, I think that the 4th placed side of the 4Nations, should play the winner of the winner of a Euro Cup vs Pac Cup match.

So,

PNG win Pac Cup
Wales win Euro Cup
Wales vs PNG with the winner vs the 4th placed 4Nations side, probably France, for a spot in the 2010 4Nations. Sure its 2 extra matches we need to fit in the calender, but its do-able. If the Euro Cup was a week shorter or was played a week earlier, the Euro Cup and Pac Cup Finals would be this weekend, Pac winner vs Euro winner next weekend, with the winner vs 4th 4Nations side as an undercard to the 4Nations final. Possible?

It isnt a bad idea.

But, to be honest, i think there is too much 4 nations and the concept is getting old. If France were to win, (unlikely blessing in disquise) i would rather see them play their own 4 nations with say Wales, Fiji, and Russia. This would give these three solid nations something excellent to aim for.

Likewise, i wouldnt mind at some stage seeing one or both of the big three drop out of the quad nations. If i were being a bit fantasyish, i would like to see a years program which has 4 quad nations tournaments. In England - England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. In France, France, Fiji, Russia, USA. IN NZ & Pacific Islands - Samoa, Tonga, NZ and PNG. In Australia - Australia, Lebanon, Greece, Italy (all would mix home grown players with med cup players and some NRL GP players). Hopefully the next years 4 nations could feature the winners of each group, the seconds, the thirds and the fourths. If you wanted to go all out, the 4ths could play the winners of other regional quad nations tournaments for the right to participate in the 4th placed groups. I actually think that this would be one of the best ways to improve the international game, particularly the 16 teams we have now. At the moment, the smaller nations struggle for publicity (and money) because they never get to profit from playing the bigger nations. i think that this type of structure might help things along a bit.