What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 jerseys

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
roosters2010jersey.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
I think capping the vee at the shoulders is to bring it into line with the alternate strip, now they're almost a proper inversion of each other. It's not terribly removed from the usual.

adamkungl

Immortal
f**king hideous. the V cut at the shoulders is an abomination. Will not buy, even discounted.

Monk

Referee
im buying a Jersey as soon as we get a sponser, still not sure whether to get H/A though.

Sood

Juniors
f**king hideous. the V cut at the shoulders is an abomination. Will not buy, even discounted.

Agreed. Not happy with this home one, but in the last few years we have had much worse away jerseys then that...

Every year they screw with em, just to make money ffs. :x

Why cant we just have the normal home jerseys and those 2002 away jerseys..

No worse than the 'V' being cut off at the bottom to make room for the sponsor - never been a fan but where the f**k is the collar on the home kit! I hope it's just a standard template that the artist grabbed.

Timmah

Staff member
Nope, ISC have moved ALL jerseys they manufacture (including the Eels) to round neck instead of collared.

adamkungl

Immortal
the collar doesn't bother me. couldnt give a crap either way....the butchering of the V does.

Lambretta

First Grade
I prefer the V cut off at the bottom.

Looks wierd going down to a point

I almost bought an Anzac jersey today - right material, right size, right design with no sponser logo etc - but that blue is just not right with the red and white on there. I dunno, its almost great, but ...... naah.

We need an identical cotton home jersey in dark blue with short sleeves and a cut off V

I prefer the V cut off at the bottom.

Looks wierd going down to a point

I almost bought an Anzac jersey today - right material, right size, right design with no sponser logo etc - but that blue is just not right with the red and white on there. I dunno, its almost great, but ...... naah.

We need an identical cotton home jersey in dark blue with short sleeves and a cut off V

Wierd? Really? For me it conjures up great memories of 74-75. I can't see Artie running with a cut off 'V'.

Lambretta

First Grade
Wierd? Really? For me it conjures up great memories of 74-75. I can't see Artie running with a cut off 'V'.

The first time I saw the Roosters was in 1996. By then the V had been cut off by sponsor logos, so it's all I've known.

I see the pointed V and it just looks wierd - the point just goes down too far.

Also never liked the three quarter sleeve design either. It seems like it cant make up it's mind and all those red and white stripes just look strange.

My favourite Roosters jersey of all time is the White away design with the red and blue thin stripes. 1997 - 2002 era. The current away design is also brilliant. One of the best jerseys in the whole comp. Simple, elegant, stylish. Just dont like that clingy material.

The first time I saw the Roosters was in 1996. By then the V had been cut off by sponsor logos, so it's all I've known.

I see the pointed V and it just looks wierd - the point just goes down too far.

Also never liked the three quarter sleeve design either. It seems like it cant make up it's mind and all those red and white stripes just look strange.

My favourite Roosters jersey of all time is the White away design with the red and blue thin stripes. 1997 - 2002 era. The current away design is also brilliant. One of the best jerseys in the whole comp. Simple, elegant, stylish. Just dont like that clingy material.

Yeah, fair enough but they can always shorten the 'V' mate. I think the technology exists.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I don't mind them, I've seen a lot worse. Though the more minimalistic they get the less I can justify paying $140+ for one.