What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Muse album - The Resistance

phonetic

Juniors
United States of Eurasia is probably the worst, most tryhard song I've heard from Muse. Awful.

I can certainly appreciate that opinion, I've heard it a lot. It just does it for me.

I popped Origin of Symmetry in on the way home from work today, and now have myself convinced that this new album isn't quite on par.

If you can open an album in any better manner then New Born, then, well, I would like to hear it!

Lambretta

First Grade
I loved Absolution and then just couldnt get into Origins or Black Holes.

Knights of Cydonia was a great song though.

I will probably load up Black Holes to my i-pod and give it a few blasts to see if I can gather some enthusiasm.

I heard a song on JJJ this morning as I was getting out of my car and it was definately Muse and I'm assuming it is off the latest album. But I loved the sound, so will definately be checking this latest one out.

Simo

First Grade
I got the album last week, it takes some listening to but has some good tracks.

I really like guiding light and whoever mentioned the solo in it hitting the spot earler is dead right.

Also United states of eurasia, not my fav, but does that remind anyone else of a Queen song ( I think im thinking of 'Flash' the flash gorden song).

I really like that Muse are different, Bellamy has a very unique voice and vocal range and think he does a great job on the guitar.

Even though I find a few songs average im very appreciative of a band that at least produces some great songs in a different style to the mainstream.

Mong

Post Whore
I loved Absolution and then just couldnt get into Origins or Black Holes.

Knights of Cydonia was a great song though.

I will probably load up Black Holes to my i-pod and give it a few blasts to see if I can gather some enthusiasm.

I heard a song on JJJ this morning as I was getting out of my car and it was definately Muse and I'm assuming it is off the latest album. But I loved the sound, so will definately be checking this latest one out.

How did you go with Black Holes? I thought it was every bit as good as Absolution.

Only just got the latest one (had heard it once before though), some good tunes on there but is going to take a few listens to appreciate the whole album i think.

choc_soldier

Coach
I like it, but don't love it. 7.5/10.

The "sleeper" for me is Undisclosed Desires... didn't really like it when I first heard it, but it has now grown on me. United States of Eurasia is a bit over the top, but that's Muse for you, it's all about the melodrama... apparently they leaked it bit by bit (over about 7 days)... a bit of wank TBH.

Absolution is in my opinion is their best album. I would slot The Resistance in at #3, behind Origin of Symmetry... that's a great listen when in in a reflective mood.

Last edited: