What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you bothered?

Thaiad24

Juniors
Im a Leeds Rhinos fan and am wondering if you guys care about winning the WCC or not

Generally I hear that you guys aren't bothered. Is that to cover your backs in case you lose or do you really not give a sh*t?

Personally I do care, as Id rather us win and be crowned world champions.

Maybe revenge will be the incentive for your club?

Carnifex

Juniors
I honestly dont care for the WCC...win or lose. BUT i do care for my team and the players....and dont want them to be injured playing a game that isnt all that important (in comparison to winning the NRL premiership). To me the NRL premiership comes first...then Test footy, and then origin.

MsStorm

Bench
Im a Leeds Rhinos fan and am wondering if you guys care about winning the WCC or not

Generally I hear that you guys aren't bothered. Is that to cover your backs in case you lose or do you really not give a sh*t?

Maybe revenge will be the incentive for your club?

Well I care and sure most Storm fans do also. Its a great promotional tool for rugby league in both countries, but it would be nice if it was staged here in Australia on the odd occasion, say when the Storm is involved;-)

Just pray to the Rain Gods next year, so we get better weather.

Dan70

Juniors
I definatley want us to win, but I would rather lose than have it de-rail the start of our premiership defence (because of injuries and stuff).

Evenflow

Bench

I'm not sure how much credibility the world champions title holds. How can you be deemed "world" champions when the game is only played against the winners of 2 competitions in only 2 countries. I think the bi-nation champions is a much more appropriate title.

Butters

Bench
It's a nothing game. Leeds barely beat Melbourne without Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis in 2008 and then were destroyed by a full strength Manly side in 2009.

If Melbourne take this game seriously like Manly did the game will be over by halftime.

Thaiad24

Juniors
It's a nothing game. Leeds barely beat Melbourne without Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis in 2008 and then were destroyed by a full strength Manly side in 2009.

If Melbourne take this game seriously like Manly did the game will be over by halftime.

I dont think you give us enough credit, just because you had 2 players out is no excuse for losing.It was a tough fought game and we beat you cos we coped better with the weather and we played better on the night, we also had a couple of our 1st team players out!

to say the game would be dead at half time is crazy, we are a very good team full of international players that work very well together

just for that comment, i hope you have all your players back, take the game seriously and get egg on your face!

Last edited:

Carnifex

Juniors
Hhaha English dont deserve credit! Your players are hacks. only reason your comp is even half competitive is because all the aussies go over there.

BourbonRat

Juniors
just for that comment, i hope you have all your players back, take the game seriously and get egg on your face!
Until the location & timing of this fixture is made fair to BOTH teams it isn't going to be taken as seriously in OZ as it is in the UK.

pnub

Juniors
I dont think you give us enough credit, just because you had 2 players out is no excuse for losing.It was a tough fought game and we beat you cos we coped better with the weather and we played better on the night, we also had a couple of our 1st team players out!

to say the game would be dead at half time is crazy, we are a very good team full of international players that work very well together

All our players won't be there.
So far Cronk, White and Tandy are out for sure as they won't even make the start of the season out here either.

I'd like our team to win but the game is insignificant in my opinion because its played way too late when half of the actual grand final teams from the year before are gone. I'm not sure about Leeds but aside from the injured players we will also be missing Will Chambers, Steve Turner, Scott Anderson and Dallas Johnson.

That’s a total of 7 players from our grand final team unavailable so unless they actually play this game right after the season ends it will continue to be meaningless.

Also you need to look at the fact that 6 of our best players (Smith, Slater, Inglis, Blair, Hoffman, Lima) are only going to resume training in mid January which gives them just over a month of pre-season under their belt so they will be nowhere near top form.

You may look at what I’ve said as excuses and that’s your right but they are cold hard facts as to why this game regardless of results lacks any real significant meaning.

At this point with the injuries the storm already have I believe the game is simply going to be used as a training run for a whole host of new combinations before the season starts. So personally thats all i'm looking at the game as, a trail game against a great team to see how we will go into the season proper.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal

Manly weren't full strength.

Not to mention playing the game in England on a yearly basis, with the Australian side only just getting back into trials (with, if I'm not mistaken, the English side already back into their season).