What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen wants to quit Sharks

Minotaur

Juniors
All agreed, he is a grub of the highest order. But he would be a huge loss to the sharks and a huge gain ONFIELD to either the Eagles or Tigers.

As the article states, Manly have some free funds after releasing Orford, but the Tigers also have spare cash as they were chasing Lima and missed out on him, so that cash for Lima would still be in the bank.

Either way, I can't see him leaving, he is just trying to scare the club to lessen the severity of his next indiscretion.

Big Time

Juniors
It would be another great reason to hate Manly.

Correct. There were a couple of years there where I actually started to feel sorry for them when they were just sorry bags of sh*te. I don't know what I was thinking. I will never make that mistake again. If he could go to Manly, it would just help dislike them that bit more.

Big Time

Juniors
Sharks need a facelift like the Bulldogs gave themselves. I use to hate Bulldogs, but with the players they now have on the books, they make it hard to hate them.

Ali's Choice

Juniors
Sharks need a facelift like the Bulldogs gave themselves. I use to hate Bulldogs, but with the players they now have on the books, they make it hard to hate them.

I agree completely.

The Sharks need to get real. They aren't going to win the Premiership next year, regardless of whether or not Gallen stays. So they should take the opportunity to clean out the riff raff, and make a fresh start. This won't be easy, but the Bulldogs have shown that it can be done. A bit of short term pain, for some genuine long term gain. With Bird gone, I hope for their sake that they take the opportunity to let Gallen flee and make a fresh start. I'd look upon the Sharks much more favourably without Gallen. He's a grub in the true sense of the word, and the Sharks would be better off without him.

Garts

Bench
He is a dirty grub but the fact is he can play footy and every team wants good footy players. I would be happy to sign him for 12 months.

gregstar

Referee
no bird & possibly no gallen.

holy sh*t!

the sharks are becoming likeable again.

just f*ck ricky off & you're there!

Correct. There were a couple of years there where I actually started to feel sorry for them when they were just sorry bags of sh*te. I don't know what I was thinking. I will never make that mistake again. If he could go to Manly, it would just help dislike them that bit more.

You guys just don't get it, do you?

The most offensive part of your post was when you stated that you felt sorry for us. Grrrrr....

Ali's Choice

Juniors
The more I think about this, the more I think this could be a good idea for the Sharks.

As the Bulldogs have shown, you can change team cultures (on and off the field) relatively quickly, if club administrators are determined enough, and prepared for some short term pain. However, you cannot change a septic culture like the Shark's if you pander to someone like Gallen.

Gallen has shown zero leadership throughout the much publicised demise of the Sharks over the past 12 months. In fact, it could be argued that he has contributed hugely to this demise with his actions on and off the field. They should look to axe him immediately, let him run amok in Manly, and introduce players who are going to show some respect to the club, supporters and sponsors.

Paullyboy

Coach
Dont want the grub at the Dragons.

His a joke!

What of his is a joke?

Pathetic spelling/grammar aside, I think him leaving the Sharks could only be good for them, he's surely the most hated man in the NRL and he can't be doing their marketing or ticket sales departments any favours.

Stuff

Juniors
So much praise for the bulldogs. They got lucky as much as anything else. Yes they should be praised for clearing out the rubbish. But the only reason they ended up successful is the players they managed to pick up on the cheap in the offseason. The Bulldogs without those bargain basement buys is a different 2009 altogether. As a result of the on field success their membership is boosted as well. Greenberg is a good operator no doubt, but he's no messiah either. He's just a very lucky boy.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Paul Gallen is not only the biggest grub in the game (Bird gives him a good run for his money though, there is a schooner in it) but he is also the most overrated player running around and biggest wanker we have in the NRL ranks.

Make the goose sit on the sidelines until his contract runs out Cronulla.

I would wish Paul Gallen on no club. Send him abroad to the UK or French Rugby.

Ali's Choice

Juniors
So much praise for the bulldogs. They got lucky as much as anything else. Yes they should be praised for clearing out the rubbish. But the only reason they ended up successful is the players they managed to pick up on the cheap in the offseason. The Bulldogs without those bargain basement buys is a different 2009 altogether. As a result of the on field success their membership is boosted as well. Greenberg is a good operator no doubt, but he's no messiah either. He's just a very lucky boy.

It could be argued that they made their own luck.

By targeting off-field clean skins like Mike Ennis, Ben Hannant, Stagg and Kilmorely they have certainly changed their club culture. The way they celebrated El Masri's retirement also help them rediscover their long lost 'family club' roots. Losing SBW, Mason and Maitua certainly didn't hurt, but they deserve credit for what they have achieved regardless of whether or not it was through luck or by design.