What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday telegraph: Daniel Mortimer unlikely to be a Dog

lucablight

First Grade
CANTERBURY legend Peter Mortimer is not expecting his son Daniel to follow in his footsteps by switching to the Bulldogs.

Peter Mortimer, who was part of "The Entertainers" with his brothers Steve and Chris, said "something extraordinary" would have to happen for Daniel to leave the Eels when his contract expires at the end of this year.

"We told (Bulldogs coach) Kevin Moore we would come and see him before we sign anything with the Eels," Peter said. "But really it would take something extraordinary for him to leave the Eels because the club has been so good to him. We told Kev we would have a chat to him because he is a great bloke and the club is doing great things, but I can't see him leaving the Eels."

Peter said second-year syndrome was more of a concern for Daniel than signing a new deal.
"We will wait until he plays at least half a dozen games before we do anything," Mortimer said. "Seeing how he goes in his second year is more important at the moment. We'll sort out the contract after that."
link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...kely-to-be-a-dog/story-e6frexnr-1225815528503

Dave Q

Coach
They should let the kid alone.

Why should they say anything to him about the bulldogs, contracts etc?

They will poison his mind that the grass is greener at the dogs when clearly, it isnt.

On your bike Mr Prince of Darkness, let the kid find his own way like everyone else has to.

jk13

First Grade
after the hype of last year. i'd definitely hold off on contracts till he produces this year. i'd rather pay more 4 a cetainity

bartman

Immortal
I've already got de ja vu!

But I reckon the DT can run this same double-take story - Dogs interested, Mortimer unlikely - about three more times before the start of season...

Dave Q

Coach
I still reckon Uncle Steve deserves a smack in the chops for his meddling...and because it would be fun.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've already got de ja vu!

But I reckon the DT can run this same double-take story - Dogs interested, Mortimer unlikely - about three more times before the start of season...
At least 3, that might be being a bit conserative.

Fathead

Bench
Hey Fathead, I hope he listens closely to his old man eh?

No I hope he makes a decision himself. I want him to decide whats best for Daniel Mortimer not Peter, Chris or Steve.
Sometimes having a great and famous old man can be a curse - I know it is for my kids anyway :D

fish eel

Immortal
If this was Jarryd Hayne, people would be whining saying just sign and stop dragging it out.....

Latest posts