What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seagulls, Pitch Invaiders and Beach Balls

IanG

Coach
Is it just me or are we seeing alot more of these this season.

Seems to have been quite a few seagulls this season causing batsman to pull out of their guard. We know that we get seagulls there for the same reason you see them at rubbish tips. Scavanging for food

There were 2 donkeies that climbed the fence tonight. The second one came running on while carring a beach ball. I don't know if they eventually aprehended this clown or not.

Beach Balls. Not a new thing there were beach balls at One Dayers when I went to my first one dayer at the SCG back in the mid 1980s

They must've run out at the SCG though cuz in the South Africa game we saw a franger used.

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
The guy with the beach ball should play NRL..had a great step on him.

Yeah exactly. I don't know if they aprehended this bloke or not but it looked to me as though he got to teh other side of teh ground and none of the Aussie fielders could catch him. Mind you would they risk it after Terry Alderman back in 1982?

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The pitch invaders are bloody irritating, ad need to be put in their place, a good thing that dude yesterday who did get on the field wasn't fully naked!!

there must have been 50 beach balls used at the SCG against south africa lol

i saw one security guard under the big screen at the bradman stand deflate 4 balls and there must have been 10 whizzing around that area alone

the streakers at the SCG werep retty funny too

there was a massive fight in the noble stand that haulted play during south africa's innings ... not sure if they played it on TV but a copper got knocked out and they came from everywhere to get involved

IanG

Coach
there must have been 50 beach balls used at the SCG against south africa lol

i saw one security guard under the big screen at the bradman stand deflate 4 balls and there must have been 10 whizzing around that area alone

the streakers at the SCG were pretty funny too

there was a massive fight in the noble stand that haulted play during south africa's innings ... not sure if they played it on TV but a copper got knocked out and they came from everywhere to get involved

Yeah I knew there was a blue in the crowd just wasn't sure where it was. It held the game up. I don't know why they do it though cuz I dare say the only reason they showed the one at The Gabba last year was because Andrew Symonds whacked him with a shoulder charge that Willie Mason would be proud of.

As I keep saying Beach Balls in the crowd aren't a new thing. They had them when I went to my first ODI in Sydney nearly 25 years ago.

IanG

Coach
Well there was another pitch invader tonight. Also I heard the chant of "You Are A Wanker!" quite a bit which suggests to me that there were quite a few beach balls getting slashed there as well. No seagulls but saw a bird that got described as a Tony Greig running into bowl.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah exactly. I don't know if they aprehended this bloke or not but it looked to me as though he got to teh other side of teh ground and none of the Aussie fielders could catch him. Mind you would they risk it after Terry Alderman back in 1982?

Apparently Andrew Symonds is always up for it, but I guess he's not known for his intelligence... I remember Greg Chappell grabbing a streaker way back, in Auckland I think, and giving him a few with the Grey Nicholls... very private school, I think both of them enjoyed it!.

In general I am with Mark Ellis, streaking should be encouraged

streakerG0403_450x600.jpg

streakerRedGamma.gif

camStreaker.jpg

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
Yeah Greg Chappell was no stranger to whacking a streaker on the bum with his Grey Nick.

I just wish there were more women doing it. Streaking that is.

Though maybe there's been more this season since Andrew Symonds hasn't been playing knowing he wont give them a shoulder charge. Which I might add has been spoofed on Stick Cricket with one of the animations.

IanG

Coach
Maybe I should add rain to this thread. Seems in more recent days this has been another thing to add.

moo2

Juniors
It's interesting the amount of Live airtime seagulls get on National television.
And companies pay loads for "prime time" advertising.

IanG

Coach
I have to wonder what is it with Pakistani cricket fans obsession with running onto the field?
f**kin' dickheads.
108742.jpg

Lucky they weren't in Australia. They'd be spending the night in the watch house.

IanG

Coach
Back to pitch invaders. It happened again tonight where some idiot got onto the field and crash tackled one of the Pakistani fielders. Suffice it to say security had their work cut out for them and had to get him off and hand him over to the local constabulary. I dare say assault will be added to his charge of entering the playing field without authorisation.

Normally I find this sort of thing amusing but when we're talking about him crash tackling a player then we get reminded of what happened to Terry Alderman back in 1982.

There was an intruder on the field on Friday night as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Foxsports commentators really gave it to the security staff.

Whats the point in having fat overweight security staff who cant run ?

Latest posts