What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

micro

Juniors
I thought the panthers looked fairly average in both grades. Bulldogs were clear winners in both HM and Ball. I heard the 20s went much the same way. the coaches have some serious work to do.
The matts and sg ball had enough ball to win but lacked organisation when it counted, but both sides left out several players. 15 development was very ordinary. 17s development was the best performance on the day, strong defensively against a very highly rated dogs side, won 8 tries to three.Interesting to see hetrks back as captain. Jennings good attacking game, the number 13 strong, hetriks one on one defence bone jarring.The matts half and hooker look very good but lacked support.

brothersleague

Juniors
i have a cousin who plays dragons harold matts and went down to watch him today, couldnt believe how many penrith juniors were in there in matts and ball yet especially ball!!!! was ridiculous in mats there was a minchinbury centre a penrith waratahs and lower mtns player, with aparently another 2 kids in roosters not playing cos they r already in, but then moving to ball and at one stage 11 penrith juniors were on at the one time!!! was a joke how many there were! junior masaga i noticed today is now at dragons since he got cut at penrith which is interestin, i recoginisrd nay from penrith out there to, did his job, defended well, nathan antonelli was poor but tai tuivasa was clearly dominant in all aspects, must hav scored 3, unstoppable and a huge loss to penirth

stumpyone

Juniors
The matts and sg ball had enough ball to win but lacked organisation when it counted, but both sides left out several players. 15 development was very ordinary. 17s development was the best performance on the day, strong defensively against a very highly rated dogs side, won 8 tries to three.Interesting to see hetrks back as captain. Jennings good attacking game, the number 13 strong, hetriks one on one defence bone jarring.The matts half and hooker look very good but lacked support.

In the 17's the number 13, I think was Brendan Heather (Doonie) from Brothers and Hills Sports High Strong all round player can play a bit a of full back. The fullback Mossy from Windsor and Hills sports also showed signs of class in all he did.

The 15's do not appear to be as strong as this years 14's development squad. It may be a good idea to start looking at the younger players.

sweet-as

Juniors
In the 17's the number 13, I think was Brendan Heather (Doonie) from Brothers and Hills Sports High Strong all round player can play a bit a of full back. The fullback Mossy from Windsor and Hills sports also showed signs of class in all he did.

The 15's do not appear to be as strong as this years 14's development squad. It may be a good idea to start looking at the younger players.

I agree but you have to take into account the couple of 15s with the matts at the moment. Glanville and Clay isnt it?

ranga

Juniors
I thought the panthers looked fairly average in both grades. Bulldogs were clear winners in both HM and Ball. I heard the 20s went much the same way. the coaches have some serious work to do.
Bulldogs have had trials already and are close to cuts this is panthers first hit out,mats sat out 8 players were as dogs were squad at full stength bar one of ours Nuelesa ,give us jakiel chook etc and see how they goalso i heard our 20s won easy and also sat off there better 1s

stretcher

Juniors
Bulldogs have had trials already and are close to cuts this is panthers first hit out,mats sat out 8 players were as dogs were squad at full stength bar one of ours Nuelesa ,give us jakiel chook etc and see how they goalso i heard our 20s won easy and also sat off there better 1s
You guys are kidding yourselves either you didnt go and watch or are guessing the matts had a heap of good players rested the ball won six tries to four with four players out and the 20s won with 15players rested 11 tries to 3 ranga is the only one close to the money and as for penrith juniors at other clubs re dragons there is only two 1st div player from penrith in the ball the others play 2nd and 3rd div not the best in our comp by far...

stretcher

Juniors

This years 15s have aiden glanville m issing in matts and played strong also missing zack clay,jye mamo,jayden tavae all going to parra and i think ther was two others looking elsewhere so that leaves a massive hole in any side......

stretcher

Juniors
This years 15s have aiden glanville m issing in matts and played strong also missing zack clay,jye mamo,jayden tavae all going to parra and i think ther was two others looking elsewhere so that leaves a massive hole in any side......
Forgot to mention mathew lodge also in the matts squad and dale cadalbert injured and Iona taeki thats three real good front rowers out of action for 15s development so do you think we should hit the panic button yet....?

ranga

Juniors
Forgot to mention mathew lodge also in the matts squad and dale cadalbert injured and Iona taeki thats three real good front rowers out of action for 15s development so do you think we should hit the panic button yet....?
also jay fuimaono

sweet-as

Juniors
Although you all have very valid pointsthis is the way I see it, 5 years ago Penrith never would have lost to Bulldogs in these rep games even with players being rested.

tezzah

Juniors
Anyone catch the 20s game between Penrith and Bulldogs? Know how the Bulldogs boys went? They apparently meant to have a strong side this year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sounds like an inauspicous start for our junior representative sides. I am hoping there may be a Michael Jennings or two amongst them but perhaps not. Maybe our most promising juniors are with the Roosters and Dragons. The Roosters Harold Matts beat us convincingly last season and half the kids were from Glenmore Park!

stretcher

Juniors
Sounds like an inauspicous start for our junior representative sides. I am hoping there may be a Michael Jennings or two amongst them but perhaps not. Maybe our most promising juniors are with the Roosters and Dragons. The Roosters Harold Matts beat us convincingly last season and half the kids were from Glenmore Park!
As usual ill imformed again 30-24 with one penrith try dissallowed isnt a convincing win and out of a squad of 22 four of them were from gpark thats not half you dope go back to school and unless you were at saturdays game dont judge what you dont know the matts were good with 8 stars out and ball won 6tries to4 with three tries disallowed they kept the dogs scoreless in the first 30mins and they only scored one try in the last thirty against last years premiers in both grades..

sweet-as

Juniors
As usual ill imformed again 30-24 with one penrith try dissallowed isnt a convincing win and out of a squad of 22 four of them were from gpark thats not half you dope go back to school and unless you were at saturdays game dont judge what you dont know the matts were good with 8 stars out and ball won 6tries to4 with three tries disallowed they kept the dogs scoreless in the first 30mins and they only scored one try in the last thirty against last years premiers in both grades..

Once again stretcher is in the middle of an argument on here

Fibroman

First Grade
I realise with the wealth of talent and sheer numbers we have in the Penrith District JRL, we can't keep all the stars, but I still question our ability to retain, coach and develop some of the talent.

No names mentioned, but an extremely good young front rower looks like giving the game away this year as a result of the inept management at our club, which frustrates me as a die hard panther supporter since 1972.

stretcher

Juniors
Once again stretcher is in the middle of an argument on here
Not in an arguement i just like factual comments and not blog rubbish opinions are one thing and everyone has them which is healthy but when someone talks sh*t and not facts to create a story like some sort of media junkie i jump all over it with FACTS.......

ranga

Juniors
exact , like I said earlier there ball and mats have played trials already and are nearly settled with there squads , the ball were very good and will only get better and the mats once they make there squad final will also be very competitive ,also watched the 20.s and with what they sat off they are looking good to.

ranga

Juniors
I realise with the wealth of talent and sheer numbers we have in the Penrith District JRL, we can't keep all the stars, but I still question our ability to retain, coach and develop some of the talent.

No names mentioned, but an extremely good young front rower looks like giving the game away this year as a result of the inept management at our club, which frustrates me as a die hard panther supporter since 1972.
at least tell us the club and for what reasons

Fibroman

First Grade
at least tell us the club and for what reasons

No offer of contract from Panthers. Peter Wallace scenario all over again. I won't mention any names, as I respect the privacy of the player involved.

I think we need to have a good long hard look at how we are identifying young local talent and how we can do a better of job of retaining them at our club.