What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

stretcher

Juniors
No offer of contract from Panthers. Peter Wallace scenario all over again. I won't mention any names, as I respect the privacy of the player involved.

I think we need to have a good long hard look at how we are identifying young local talent and how we can do a better of job of retaining them at our club.
If this so called player wanted privacy why would he tell you and then you tell everyone on this site i hope hes not a mate of yours cause you contradict yourself.And in regards to retention of players noone knows the formula in keeping them so i guess we should hope the coaches do an exceptional job with the players they get and maybe players should put some more thought to their decisions and not think about the money and maybe who the best coaches are cause they will care more about their careers than a leech of a manager.......

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
Where do you guys get ur crap from. the players that left penrith and thats from all ages didnt leave because of the money they left because jim jones didnt do what he said he would do. The only thing penrith do is talk sh*t. Putting kids in spots where they dont play doesnt help them to became a better player.

stretcher

Juniors
Where do you guys get ur crap from. the players that left penrith and thats from all ages didnt leave because of the money they left because jim jones didnt do what he said he would do. The only thing penrith do is talk sh*t. Putting kids in spots where they dont play doesnt help them to became a better player.
Here we go again factless again answer me this why did these players leave and were all picked in rep squads Zack Clay,Jye Mamo,Jayden Tavae,Alan Nuilesa,Brendan Attwood,Aaron Tavaale,Jake Webb,Tai Tuivasa,Jason Antonelli,peter bent,Suni Fatalofa,Tyrone Viiga, and im sure theres more all these guys were picked but think the grass is greener and im guessing a guy like jim jones wouldnt make promises to anyone it wouldnt be professional and he wouldnt have that power.....

half_back

Juniors
Here we go again factless again answer me this why did these players leave and were all picked in rep squads Zack Clay,Jye Mamo,Jayden Tavae,Alan Nuilesa,Brendan Attwood,Aaron Tavaale,Jake Webb,Tai Tuivasa,Jason Antonelli,peter bent,Suni Fatalofa,Tyrone Viiga, and im sure theres more all these guys were picked but think the grass is greener and im guessing a guy like jim jones wouldnt make promises to anyone it wouldnt be professional and he wouldnt have that power.....

How can you make one blanket statement about all of them? You are off the mark. Peter Bent - not selected and not wanted in Penrith Matts 2009, trials elsewhere makes Manly stays loyal and plays there again in ball 2010. Yes Penrith put him in their 17s but he showed loyalty to side who wanted him, hardly grass is greener when you werent wanted. Jason Antonelli - one of the best in a poor HM team was contracted 2009 told he is too small and wont be contracted again, knows where he stands and not wanted so goes elsewhere, in roosters squad, yes chosen in 17s but made clear no future at Penrith, hardly grass is greener when again not wanted and told as much. Zac Clay lives Parra district wanted to play locally next year hence wanted to move for reps. Offerred positions in both teams. Was going to be in Penrith HM not Academy while Parra have made no assurances. Moving closer to home is hardly grass is greener especially when he will have harder time making squad. The list goes on. Yes some will leave for the thought that the grass is greener but many on your list left because of other reasons including mismanagement by Penrith.

On the Penrith Matts they lost either 5 or 6 tries to 1. Dogs had 10 players sitting out. Hardly a convincing game. They were dominated in most aspects. Dogs were trialling mostly out of area kids so the argument that they have had previous trials isnt valid as there was limited teamwork or cohesion as most hadnt played together before

sweet-as

Juniors
How can you make one blanket statement about all of them? You are off the mark. Peter Bent - not selected and not wanted in Penrith Matts 2009, trials elsewhere makes Manly stays loyal and plays there again in ball 2010. Yes Penrith put him in their 17s but he showed loyalty to side who wanted him, hardly grass is greener when you werent wanted. Jason Antonelli - one of the best in a poor HM team was contracted 2009 told he is too small and wont be contracted again, knows where he stands and not wanted so goes elsewhere, in roosters squad, yes chosen in 17s but made clear no future at Penrith, hardly grass is greener when again not wanted and told as much. Zac Clay lives Parra district wanted to play locally next year hence wanted to move for reps. Offerred positions in both teams. Was going to be in Penrith HM not Academy while Parra have made no assurances. Moving closer to home is hardly grass is greener especially when he will have harder time making squad. The list goes on. Yes some will leave for the thought that the grass is greener but many on your list left because of other reasons including mismanagement by Penrith.

On the Penrith Matts they lost either 5 or 6 tries to 1. Dogs had 10 players sitting out. Hardly a convincing game. They were dominated in most aspects. Dogs were trialling mostly out of area kids so the argument that they have had previous trials isnt valid as there was limited teamwork or cohesion as most hadnt played together before

Thankyou, once again Halfback feeds us some reliable and unbiased facts.
Wish Half the other people on this forum were the same.

Fibroman

First Grade
If this so called player wanted privacy why would he tell you and then you tell everyone on this site i hope hes not a mate of yours cause you contradict yourself.And in regards to retention of players noone knows the formula in keeping them so i guess we should hope the coaches do an exceptional job with the players they get and maybe players should put some more thought to their decisions and not think about the money and maybe who the best coaches are cause they will care more about their careers than a leech of a manager.......

What difference does it make if he is a mate or not? Fact is, promising young players being allowed to leave the club with no offer at all from Panthers. Another example... Paul Aiton. No offer from Penrith, yet we seem to pay mega bucks for any ex-Canberra player that Elliott has taken a shine to with his previous club. Elliott and our management need to learn that there is talent outside Canberra, and at least make some kind of offer to players that indicate that they would like to stay at Penrith.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Jones or Matt Elliott are mates of your Stretcher? Come on.....just own up and admit it.

micro

Juniors
matts and ball trial next week against the dragons and then vs the nights at windsor, is this correct? When does the 17s developement have the next trial and when will the academy teams be named?

micro

Juniors

Facts are facts, some left for the cash, like nieulesa, but most left because they were not told they were wanted or even told they had no future. J.J and company have not got a great record in the past or present with regard to keeping more than a couple in each age group feeling wanted, Parra and other clubs seem to do a better job of keeping a larger % of talented youngsters feeling wanted. J.J and co need to start getting hands on and keeping the flock enthused, Maybe this is beyond them?????

half_back

Juniors
matts and ball trial next week against the dragons and then vs the nights at windsor, is this correct? When does the 17s developement have the next trial and when will the academy teams be named?

This weeks trial is a 3 way trial Penrith, St George and Illawarra at Kogarah. Then the following week is at Windsor vs Knights as you stated. Cuts will be made then for WSAS and then they will play a trial the last weekend before the comp starts against Norths.

truth spiiter

Juniors
i dont know who you men are but u clearly have no knowledge about rugby league watsoever.. brothers rugbyleague you seem to send sum abuse the way of the young penny panthers but no one cares to care wat u think,,, stick to coaching people with no futures at brothers u immbosile... harold matthews rested big guns left right an centre, an the sg ball squad had numerous players out,, young gun tony santini an well known hit man corey carl for instance... the panthers sg ball side is shaping up to be quite a heavy weight continder with experience ooosing from the coaching staff,,, brad liggins has been around more many a year an knows wats needed for success, an darren south commands far superior knowledge gained from the rampaging st marys team he built from the ground,,, i think u have no idea about football an ur family member at st george clearly couldnt make the cut in the penrith district

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors

i dont no y the matts players left but i do no why sgball players left. out of all of the boys that letf the only one getting paid is tyrone and he went to penrith and showed them the contracted penrith sed he wasnt worth it soo thats there lose not his.

truth spiiter

Juniors
i dont no y the matts players left but i do no why sgball players left. out of all of the boys that letf the only one getting paid is tyrone and he went to penrith and showed them the contracted penrith sed he wasnt worth it soo thats there lose not his.
tell me out of them players besides tyrone viiga who would be chosen over the players in the team... penrith only has so much to offer an its realistic to know the money has to stop sumwhere,,, jim jones has the best recruitement eye in the game,,, i dont doubt his judgement

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
tell me out of them players besides tyrone viiga who would be chosen over the players in the team... penrith only has so much to offer an its realistic to know the money has to stop sumwhere,,, jim jones has the best recruitement eye in the game,,, i dont doubt his judgement

I dont think 16 and 17 years olds should be payed to play footy as thats not why they started playing in the first place. and i no its not about the money for most. personaly the worst thing penrith did was bring jim jones back into penrith as he already stuffed the teams up the last time but aye people should get a second chance but in saying that the 2009 teams in matts and sg ball was the worst they have had in along time. for the 16s weekend comp st marys and glenmore were toe to toe the hole time made it to the finals together as they normally are every year. but yet ur 17s squad is full of windsor players. the players i no that left also left because of the coaching stuff. rep teams are to teach the boys the things to make them better players and they werent learning alot sum kids even went backwards.

truth spiiter

Juniors
if u wont, i will gladly mention the name, blake south, only reason he has ever made a rep team is cos of his dad, attrocious on the weekend, attrocious all year
brothers league u have no idea watsoever,, i bet ur sum overweight,acne faced geek never to lace on a boot,,, throw ur name out there so everyone can laugh at ur opinions an see ur real agenda to have ur lack of talent son talked about/// get sum common sense

truth spiiter

Juniors
see i think thats a blunder from selectors, like dont get me wrong i am not like in awe of lekkas or anything but i do think he is good, scored 4 against brothers and well the thing that gets me tho, no matter who the player, is that the guys takin his spots r dyl curtis, corey carl, and sam hollis, all whom hav been part of a side with a combined total of 8 rep players, those 3, plus 5 from development, one of their development players even got player of championship for penrith at nyngan trip so how can a side so full of red hot players, having a bench with more then 17 and cutting the unlucky ones each week, have 3 definates considered when they came in tier b!??

surely penrith selectors will see that they must have underperforemed in that team, whereas i was watching the lower blue bench on the weekend, they had 2, and apparently one was 15!! (i heard someone say anyways, i need verification) and they hav finished 3rd, wont penrith realise how much lekkas jake and tom must have been carrying the side?

i think politics plays to big of a role and they need to pick form players, sorry, windsor boys arent on form
clearly u dont see the games... they came closest to beating st marys with under manned side.... corey carl an hollis had large injuries throughout the season.... talk about jokes... brothers didnt win a game with aaron farkas? talk about under performing... brothers shouldnt have been in tier c wioth there performances

truth spiiter

Juniors
big news in todays semi's in the under 17s, st marys who looked as tho they could never hav been beaten, have been, and heavily by st clair 31-12!!! a huge result, also in 3rd and 4th game, lower mountains whacked brothers 36-10 in a display which proves they are definately a quality side and worthy to be in the top of division one. Notable performers for both sides Brothers: nick thompson, kaisa matavao and the number 3, who usually is rubbish but made 2 line breaks, for Lower Blue: Lekkas and Tom Eisenhuth both had strong games as did the number 6 wit yellow headgear, their hooker was small but solid also

who watched the st marys v st clair game? thoughts?
ofcourse nick thompson did cause ur his dad graeme thompson,,, how pathetic are u to bag all people in comp because ur son lacks so much abilility he wouldnt make penrith waratahs,,, maybe take ur stupid sumbrero off an open ur obeses eyes,,, ur son has no future in the game of rugby league

sweet-as

Juniors
ofcourse nick thompson did cause ur his dad graeme thompson,,, how pathetic are u to bag all people in comp because ur son lacks so much abilility he wouldnt make penrith waratahs,,, maybe take ur stupid sumbrero off an open ur obeses eyes,,, ur son has no future in the game of rugby league

Get a grip you idiot, if your going to start accusing people throw your own name out there.

stretcher

Juniors

For your imfo peter bent wasnt picked in matts cause he didnt perform he went to manly to try his luck and got in and good luck to him seems like a great kid but he was hardly manlys best player last year and was invited back penrith threw out a spot for him he declined cause he wanted to trial with ball and hes not good enough to make penrith ball and you know it so again classic case of grass is greener and as for zack clay he only just moved back to parra last year hasnt always lived there and guess what has a parra contract penrith tried to match it without knowing what a 14yold with no rep experience is worth i imagine potential dosent have a price tag and as for antonelli he has a two year contract at roosters after failing to get one from penrith and parra so i guess its parras loss as well the point is the travel and thepromise of bigger and better things wil be there undoing as they will be playing for all the wrong reasons its a sport at the end of the day.....

Latest posts