What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Hey stretcher, putting things into a little bit of perspective, Harold matts 2009 was Penriths most sucessful team in all grades. nrl=11th : nsw cup=10th : u/20= 13th : sg ball= 10th::sarcasm:

The Harold Matts side may have finished higher on the ladder that the other sides but while I sounds silly I actually think our NRL probably had the best season. Yes we did capitulate at the back end again, but up until those latters rounds we were sitting in the eight. The Matts on the other hand never looked likely and overall there performances were somewhat poor. As for the other three sides well the less said the better.

stretcher

Juniors
The Harold Matts side may have finished higher on the ladder that the other sides but while I sounds silly I actually think our NRL probably had the best season. Yes we did capitulate at the back end again, but up until those latters rounds we were sitting in the eight. The Matts on the other hand never looked likely and overall there performances were somewhat poor. As for the other three sides well the less said the better.
Your right halfback but realisticly how many from the ball should play twenties this year after there poor season?would you train them up for the next year or would you let them go elsewhere or rush them through like you want to with the matts kids?I know what i would do and i reckon the year young 20s players would be happy to train and then go back to club footy with the knowledge they will be required the nxt year and if the ball are sucessful this year should they all be promoted or DEVELOPED for the year after ...there is no rush

Kilkenny

Coach
Your right halfback but realisticly how many from the ball should play twenties this year after there poor season?would you train them up for the next year or would you let them go elsewhere or rush them through like you want to with the matts kids?I know what i would do and i reckon the year young 20s players would be happy to train and then go back to club footy with the knowledge they will be required the nxt year and if the ball are sucessful this year should they all be promoted or DEVELOPED for the year after ...there is no rush

I couldn't agree more about there being no need to rush the development of the Matts and Ball players. Nothing to be gained there unless they are a Michael Jennings who is a freak.

It is slightly different scenario for the Toyota Cup Under 20 players as if they have not made the transition by the time they turn 20 there simply aint much opportunity for them.

Fibroman

First Grade
All jokes and sledging aside. Things have gone sadly astray from our results in Matts, Ball and Flegg in 2006. From Memory, Jennings played in ball and finished in Flegg that year.

We have certainly 'come back to the field' since 2006 in Junior footy.

The outer western suburbs is the heartland of Rugby League in Sydney. We have a massive population and a massive pool of players to draw upon.

We should be performing much better than we have been for the past 2 seasons.

You can't just blame the players for that. Management needs to be held to account as well.

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
hey stretcher if you and your boss dont like each other or cant cum to an agreement do you stay or do you go???????????

if you had the chance to go to a company that wanted you and your current company didnt want you...would you go??????????

stretcher

Juniors
hey stretcher if you and your boss dont like each other or cant cum to an agreement do you stay or do you go???????????

if you had the chance to go to a company that wanted you and your current company didnt want you...would you go??????????
Yeah i would go of course but i wouldnt go back to my company and demand they beat the other offer if i wasnt happy i would leave....

stretcher

Juniors
All jokes and sledging aside. Things have gone sadly astray from our results in Matts, Ball and Flegg in 2006. From Memory, Jennings played in ball and finished in Flegg that year.

We have certainly 'come back to the field' since 2006 in Junior footy.

The outer western suburbs is the heartland of Rugby League in Sydney. We have a massive population and a massive pool of players to draw upon.

We should be performing much better than we have been for the past 2 seasons.

You can't just blame the players for that. Management needs to be held to account as well.

you are right about a bigger population but it dosent equate to a better athletic population and some of our population are bordering on poor which could equate to unhealthy lifestyle through lack of money..

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
Yeah i would go of course but i wouldnt go back to my company and demand they beat the other offer if i wasnt happy i would leave....

Yea i agree there but at the same time it isnt always the player demanding they beat the price. and i can only say i no 1 player that has left penrith from 17 and sgball and has done that.. i no more that are in penrith 17 and up that have also done it..only differnce is penrith offered more.

stretcher

Juniors
Yea i agree there but at the same time it isnt always the player demanding they beat the price. and i can only say i no 1 player that has left penrith from 17 and sgball and has done that.. i no more that are in penrith 17 and up that have also done it..only differnce is penrith offered more.
Well they arent happy so move on for the right reasons thats fair enough but most of the discussion on this thread is how penrith wont pay to keep players and ive argued that its not always the case as you have just said..

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
Well they arent happy so move on for the right reasons thats fair enough but most of the discussion on this thread is how penrith wont pay to keep players and ive argued that its not always the case as you have just said..

I have watchd most of these players grow up playing footy and i no out of the players that left 17 and sg ball they didnt leave because of money they left because that want a chance to play footy with the number they like on there backs. i dont think 16 years and up to 18 shouldnt be getting paind unless they r really worth it but aye money is always going to rule everything and thats only going to be blamed on the players that get greedy.

stretcher

Juniors
I have watchd most of these players grow up playing footy and i no out of the players that left 17 and sg ball they didnt leave because of money they left because that want a chance to play footy with the number they like on there backs. i dont think 16 years and up to 18 shouldnt be getting paind unless they r really worth it but aye money is always going to rule everything and thats only going to be blamed on the players that get greedy.
Aint that the truth but one thing ive seen coaches create champions from players playing out of position steve menzies comes to mind played in the centres all his life before grade some players should be a bit more flexible in that regard and ino they have a preference but should show off there flexibilty......

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
Aint that the truth but one thing ive seen coaches create champions from players playing out of position steve menzies comes to mind played in the centres all his life before grade some players should be a bit more flexible in that regard and ino they have a preference but should show off there flexibilty......
yea i agree they need to be flexible. i know alot of the kids that played matts last year and most of the players did play out of position and when the coaching staff get up at them when they havent played there before thats abit stupid on the coachs side. witch is y most of the maatts boys then have gone to other clubs those kids went backwards and thats not fair on them.

ranga

Juniors
yea i agree they need to be flexible. i know alot of the kids that played matts last year and most of the players did play out of position and when the coaching staff get up at them when they havent played there before thats abit stupid on the coachs side. witch is y most of the maatts boys then have gone to other clubs those kids went backwards and thats not fair on them.[/QUOTE thats crap the coachs didnt need to baby sit the kids in that age group [h/m] last year there are way to many big egos that can not be tolerated at that level e.g turning up late for games and training and parents telling kids that they are the best players etc. and then venting there misjudged estimations at any one who wears a penrith shirt ,time will tell how good the ones who left are going to be ,but iam confident the ones who have left wont be missed by us ,ps they also werent wanted by a few clubs on there quest for fame with the tri clours, but this is the club for over rated players,say hi to big willie for us.

ii_can_c_you_

Juniors
QUOTE thats crap the coachs didnt need to baby sit the kids in that age group [h/m] last year there are way to many big egos that can not be tolerated at that level e.g turning up late for games and training and parents telling kids that they are the best players etc. and then venting there misjudged estimations at any one who wears a penrith shirt ,time will tell how good the ones who left are going to be ,but iam confident the ones who have left wont be missed by us ,ps they also werent wanted by a few clubs on there quest for fame with the tri clours, but this is the club for over rated players,say hi to big willie for us.[/QUOTE] no one sed anything about baby sitting the boys..the last time i checked the coach was meant to teach players new things..who turned up late?? ohh does penrith have eyes in peoples homes do they?? and who were the kids not wanted by a few clubs???????

say hello to big petro for me aye oh dont worry ill say it myself when i see him at work tomorrow...

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
I think you should say that to tai's face you arrogant idiot
Tai has a bigger bark than bite and besides you could run around the guy ten times lettin him try and catch you and then finish him off when hes tired but seriously there are a hundred guys around that could knock him out so dont start rapping him like hes a god now if you wanna carry on like that grow up you are showing your age.....it sounds just like school yard stuff like my dads tougher than your dad ...please its a footy thread

truth spiiter

Juniors
Tai has a bigger bark than bite and besides you could run around the guy ten times lettin him try and catch you and then finish him off when hes tired but seriously there are a hundred guys around that could knock him out so dont start rapping him like hes a god now if you wanna carry on like that grow up you are showing your age.....it sounds just like school yard stuff like my dads tougher than your dad ...please its a footy thread
neither of u no him personally... i am close with tai an if u herd he scored 3 on the weekend against the dragons...

Last edited by a moderator:

sweet-as

Juniors
Yeah well I also consider myself to be good friends with Tai and with a few other boys mentioned on this forum, and i think the sledging on this site needs to slow down a little.
And I highly doubt many people other than perhaps Danny Green could K.O Tai:D

Latest posts