What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

brothersleague

Juniors
who else played well in sg ball for the panthers?? they decide who is in academy and who is in their actual side this week dont they?? who of the penrith kids in sg ball for the dragons go also?

stretcher

Juniors
Newcastle smashed Parra in the SG Ball.
Surprised about Roosters, did they have their 20s players playing?
If your asking did the guys who are training with 20s all bar one played but if your asking if there 20s played well they to old for ball........:crazy:

stretcher

Juniors
who else played well in sg ball for the panthers?? they decide who is in academy and who is in their actual side this week dont they?? who of the penrith kids in sg ball for the dragons go also?
Penrith were awesome in the forwards dominated the opposition totally standouts were Taefu,Hollis,Kilifi,curtis,darcy,Thompson,Pio,Elkan,Lekkas,Kaiser also two hookers were great in the backs the usual suspects tevita ,mate,nanai,luhr not a bad player out there but the two stand out were ryan wilson and tony satini dont know what the staff are doing differently this year but they big strong and fit and well drilled a long way to go but i see a good year ahead barring injury and the matts on the other hand look thin leg weary and an unorganised mess playing everything up the middle very predictable..

sweet-as

Juniors
If your asking did the guys who are training with 20s all bar one played but if your asking if there 20s played well they to old for ball........:crazy:

Yeah I was asking whether the ones training with the 20s played against north Sydney, because otherwise I doubt they could have lost.

Penrith were awesome in the forwards dominated the opposition totally standouts were Taefu,Hollis,Kilifi,curtis,darcy,Thompson,Pio,Elkan,Lekkas,Kaiser also two hookers were great in the backs the usual suspects tevita ,mate,nanai,luhr not a bad player out there but the two stand out were ryan wilson and tony satini dont know what the staff are doing differently this year but they big strong and fit and well drilled a long way to go but i see a good year ahead barring injury and the matts on the other hand look thin leg weary and an unorganised mess playing everything up the middle very predictable..

yes the matts were scrappy,maybe they should look at the attack coach.?

footy1

Juniors
Yeah I was asking whether the ones training with the 20s played against north Sydney, because otherwise I doubt they could have lost.

I'm a Chooks supporter and even though I wasn't there, I can't see our SG Ball side losing to Norths at full-strength. Boyd Cordner, Cheyse Blair and Jacob Miller are all in the fulltime squad and Paul Rokolati, Asipeli Fine, Dane Atkinson, Adam Brent, Nick Dorante and Jared Allen are in the NYC squad. That's a fair few players. From what I know, only Paul Rokolati and Adam Brent played. If they were at full-strength, the side would be:

1. Jared ALLEN
2. Paul ROKOLATI
3. Asipeli FINE
4. Cheyse BLAIR
5. Jake WEBB
6. Jacob MILLER (C)
7. Keanu TE KIRI
8. Nick DORANTE
9. Ethan FULLICK
10. Adam BRENT
11. Boyd CORDNER
12. Dylan STRICKLAND
13. Dane ATKINSON

14. Nathan ANTONELLI
15. Tai TUIVASA
16. Kane EVANS
17. Brandon TAGO

I just can't see Norths beating this side.

Also, does anybody know what the Penrith SG Ball side is looking like. Would this be right?

1. John FAIUMU
2. Keti NANAI
3. Jonathon PEPA
4. Tevita FEILOKITAU
5. Ryan WILSON
6. Regan VERNEY
7. Harry SEIJKA
8. Solo ALONE
9. Blake SOUTH (C)
10. Jonathon TAEFU
11. Kyle BURKHARDT
12. Vaipuna TIA KILIFI
13. Corey CARL

14. Reece REGAN
15. Darcy HORGAN
16. Kaiser MATAVAO
17. Sam HOLLIS

That's a pretty good team IMO. There is plenty to like about this side. I see John Faiumu has been listed in the NYC side. Will he be playing any SG Ball games?

stretcher

Juniors
I'm a Chooks supporter and even though I wasn't there, I can't see our SG Ball side losing to Norths at full-strength. Boyd Cordner, Cheyse Blair and Jacob Miller are all in the fulltime squad and Paul Rokolati, Asipeli Fine, Dane Atkinson, Adam Brent, Nick Dorante and Jared Allen are in the NYC squad. That's a fair few players. From what I know, only Paul Rokolati and Adam Brent played. If they were at full-strength, the side would be:

1. Jared ALLEN
2. Paul ROKOLATI
3. Asipeli FINE
4. Cheyse BLAIR
5. Jake WEBB
6. Jacob MILLER (C)
7. Keanu TE KIRI
8. Nick DORANTE
9. Ethan FULLICK
10. Adam BRENT
11. Boyd CORDNER
12. Dylan STRICKLAND
13. Dane ATKINSON

14. Nathan ANTONELLI
15. Tai TUIVASA
16. Kane EVANS
17. Brandon TAGO

I just can't see Norths beating this side.

Also, does anybody know what the Penrith SG Ball side is looking like. Would this be right?

1. John FAIUMU
2. Keti NANAI
3. Jonathon PEPA
4. Tevita FEILOKITAU
5. Ryan WILSON
6. Regan VERNEY
7. Harry SEIJKA
8. Solo ALONE
9. Blake SOUTH (C)
10. Jonathon TAEFU
11. Kyle BURKHARDT
12. Vaipuna TIA KILIFI
13. Corey CARL

14. Reece REGAN
15. Darcy HORGAN
16. Kaiser MATAVAO
17. Sam HOLLIS

That's a pretty good team IMO. There is plenty to like about this side. I see John Faiumu has been listed in the NYC side. Will he be playing any SG Ball games?
Found out today cordner,blair and miller were the only ones that didnt play the rest you mentioned did...........

ashton

Juniors
S.G. BALL
Penrith defeated Illawarra 12 - 0
Penrith defeated St George 24 - 8

HAROLD MATTHEWS
Penrith drew with Illawarra 12 -12
Penrith defeated St George 8 - 4

footy1

Juniors
He isn't that big but breaks plenty of tackles. He is Fijian I think and is quite fast and evasive. He played last season and impressed a lot of people. He will be better this year for the experience gained last season.