What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haiti Relief Game - US V Jamaica

Swamp

Juniors
To Spinner:

Do you think this is something that could happen between the US & Jamaica with proceeds going to help out Haiti, similar to what Andrew Johns & others have done with the surf comp in Samoa. I realise this would be hard to organise but with such a cause many business etc may come out help fund such an event. Would show good support from a neighbouring country & RL in general.

Swamp

skrabsta

Juniors
Its a great idea , although it could possibly cost almost as much as it would raise to get a Jamaican team over there. Perhaps a Grand Final rematch with the Axemen and the Knights ?

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Guys, I have looked at something like that for other causes in the past and to host a USA v Jam or the Axemen vs someone would cost about $12,000 just to put on. Once you add in airfares of about $300 per player, venue rental, hotels costs and some other associated items it makes it tough to do and especailly on a short notice. The concept is very sound but coming up with $12,000 in captial to cover all the items prior to either sponsorship or tickets and then making a profit that can be donated is a big risk.
AND now with NFL playoffs being in full swing it would be very hard to get atendance and/or media to help.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Maybe you could get us fans to help pay for the staging of it? I would throw $100 on it..just look at what the NZRL did with the Samoa Residents vs NZ Residents match...im sure people like the Mad Butcher would help donate money to stage the match in the USA..

Western_Eel

Juniors
Maybe you could get us fans to help pay for the staging of it? I would throw $100 on it..just look at what the NZRL did with the Samoa Residents vs NZ Residents match...im sure people like the Mad Butcher would help donate money to stage the match in the USA..
There is really no point its not going to raise any money, you might as well donate that $100 directly to a haiti relief fund.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
There is really no point its not going to raise any money, you might as well donate that $100 directly to a haiti relief fund.

Its not just about raising money, its about getting more publicity for International Rugby League and more games for the two nations.

I wouldnt give $100 to the relief fund..

Western_Eel

Juniors
No one will be watch the game, when there is something like 150 thousand dead no one gives a sh*t about rugby, just keep your money to yourself!

Western_Eel

Juniors
baseball is a well known sport there, if someone said that a rugby league game will be on friday night no one will turn up