What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

ranga

Juniors
the first harold matts side played illawarra. 3 tries a piece, some scrappy play,but bryce cartwright, wiki tuavao, jakiel fuimaono went well.
second team played st.george with penrith 3 tries saints 1. ryan casey,ethan chatto,riki willie played well. sg ball was up 3tries when i left at half time.
dont know were you get your info but casey played in first trial at fullback and chato came of the bench played for 15 and was cut on monday so i doubt he was one of the better ones

stretcher

Juniors
Anyone watched the SG trials, how are the 3 Qld players going, I am in Qld and do not get to see the games.
The queenslanders are going well darcy hogan looks the best of the three sean pickup taking a while to get used to the pace by the look of it and kyle burchart played ok in first trial but has done a hamstring injury and will be out for 3to4weeks...

dont know were you get your info but casey played in first trial at fullback and chato came of the bench played for 15 and was cut on monday so i doubt he was one of the better ones

you are right it wasnt ryan casey it was mathew lodge who had a good game,and chatto tackle good off the bench. but saying that there was some players that got selected had average games in the trials so far, like harrison mclean never got picked,had a good game against the bulldogs and done nothing wrong against the dragons but yet never got picked. but a certain a assistant coach got all hes club players in when some of them had average games. like i said before in earlier posts you cant break the cycle when your got people in certain higher positions you get what you want.

greenfins

Juniors
give us there names a few can watch them for you then

Thanks murraymob, the boys are KYLE BURKHARDT from Yeppoon, DARCY HORGAN from Hervey Bay, both are both contracted forwards. I have watched both boys play over the past 5 years.

I believe SEAN PICKUP is trailling for a spot. I heard on the grape vine he may have made the cut on the weekend. I don't know too much about Sean.

Any feedback would be appreciated, Darcy & Kyle told me they are very happy with the coaching staff and everyone at Penrith.

ranga

Juniors
you are right it wasnt ryan casey it was mathew lodge who had a good game,and chatto tackle good off the bench. but saying that there was some players that got selected had average games in the trials so far, like harrison mclean never got picked,had a good game against the bulldogs and done nothing wrong against the dragons but yet never got picked. but a certain a assistant coach got all hes club players in when some of them had average games. like i said before in earlier posts you cant break the cycle when your got people in certain higher positions you get what you want.

who should have been in and who should have been left out

stretcher

Juniors
Well in defence of the assistant coach you are refering to three of his players have played matts already another already trained with last year matts another one had to be kept because they lost sam hickey for the year and they have won the last seven comps by plenty so i would imagine most of them deserve there spots you are just sounding like sour grapes so dont pretend to think some people on this forum dont know anything about footy cause most of us have watched this age group with interest and you dont win comps in january...

micro

Juniors
Well in defence of the assistant coach you are refering to three of his players have played matts already another already trained with last year matts another one had to be kept because they lost sam hickey for the year and they have won the last seven comps by plenty so i would imagine most of them deserve there spots you are just sounding like sour grapes so dont pretend to think some people on this forum dont know anything about footy cause most of us have watched this age group with interest and you dont win comps in january...
spot on stretcher, the team being referred to on balance probably deserved to get a couple more into the squad, maybe the asst coach was a bit tough on his own club players.

yes and there expected to win the comp so they have been told,and its not sour grapes,the lame excuses they told players that got dropped that they ran the ball up too much or tackled too much. what a load of crap, they new 2 weeks ago who they wanted. yes and some of those players from that assistance coach team deserve there spot but some played average and so did others from other clubs . since i watched all the trials and training sessions.

spot on stretcher, the team being referred to on balance probably deserved to get a couple more into the squad, maybe the asst coach was a bit tough on his own club players.

might as well put a few more in, might work at club level but reps is a whole new ball game.lets just wait and see?

micro

Juniors
15s development and 17s developement are trialling against Newcastle at Windsor this saturday, does that mean Matts and Ball are there as well?:sarcasm:

footy1

Juniors
Could somebody list the SG Ball squad? Or mention all the players who were dropped from the squad? Thanks in advance

ranga

Juniors
yes and there expected to win the comp so they have been told,and its not sour grapes,the lame excuses they told players that got dropped that they ran the ball up too much or tackled too much. what a load of crap, they new 2 weeks ago who they wanted. yes and some of those players from that assistance coach team deserve there spot but some played average and so did others from other clubs . since i watched all the trials and training sessions.
grow a set and name who should have been cut for your kid , and your telling us that kids were dropped because they tackled and ran to much ,maybe your son is like you and imagining he is a bit better than he is

stretcher

Juniors
grow a set and name who should have been cut for your kid , and your telling us that kids were dropped because they tackled and ran to much ,maybe your son is like you and imagining he is a bit better than he is
Spot on ranga its so obvious how would a coach drop you for doing to much work the facts are that most coaches would say your not up to it son and tell him how to improve not tell him you do to much work sour grapes i say..!
players dropped from ball are as follows.
Elkan tanuvasa.
Solo Alone.
Jon Pepa.
Zion Ahu.
Reece Reagan.
Micheal Lekkas
Micheal Thompson
and rumour is one more to follow after this weeks trial......

Latest posts