What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu wants to stay an Eel

lucablight

First Grade
Parramatta centre Krisnan Inu has expressed his desire to remain an Eel beyond 2010, and insists he is unaware of any interest from rival clubs despite reports suggesting he could link with the Warriors this season.

The New Zealand international, who is off contract at the end of the upcoming campaign, faces an uphill battle to hold his spot in the top grade this season following the return of dual international Timana Tahu.

The talented centre is already in the sights of the Warriors and is certain to attract interest from several clubs as the Eels struggle to keep a star-studded roster under the salary cap.

But the softly spoken 22-year-old insists contract negotiations are the last thing on his mind and claims his preference is to stay at Parramatta.

"I've been here as a junior and was lucky enough make my debut and play for the first-grade team so we'll see what happens and hopefully we can continue my career here," Inu told Sportal at Parramatta Stadium on Thursday.

"The contract I'm not too worried about. I'll let the manager worry about that sort of stuff, but on-field it's great to be fighting for a position knowing that the club's got so much depth."

Quizzed on reports of a possible return to his homeland as early as this season, Inu played a straight bat: "I've got no idea, my manager speaks to all contract people. I don't know what goes on there. I think the boys know a bit more than I do when they see my face in the paper."

The talented outside back was more forthcoming when asked what impact Tahu's return has had on the squad.

"He's a leader in his own respects and for all the young boys to see him train as hard as he does and to see the way he played before he left, everyone wants to be like him," he said of his main rival for the No.3 jumper.

"It's like he never left, everyone's good mates with him and all the new boys are starting to meet him and learn how fun he can be."

"Everyone's trying to lift as much as 'T' (Tahu) but I don't think anyone can match him, he's such a powerful person."

Asked to rate his chances of retaining a spot in the starting side, Inu conceded: "It's always difficult when 'T's in the team and we've got a lot of strong backs coming up in the ranks from the juniors and our team's looking stronger."

"Centre's my favourite position but to be on the field is a different thing, I don't mind where I'm playing as long as I'm on the field and enjoying my footy and playing with the boys."

Meanwhile, Inu is confident the Eels, who enter the season as premiership favourites, can emulate their late-season form from the opening round of the upcoming campaign.

"It was a big end of the season, I don't think anyone expected us to go as well as we did and for us to do what we did I think is a major confidence boost for everyone," he said.

"Everyone that played in that grand final now knows what it's like to lose one so now we all want to know what it's like to win one."

link: http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/inu-wants-to-stay-put-85318

Runaround Man

Juniors
I like Inu, he usually makes such sensible and honest comments.

A nice young chat. I hope he can stay at Parra.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Wouldnt it be great if all these guys just signed on right now, all together. No fuss, no hassel. Just would be good to wake up one morning and read, entire Parra squad signed for 2011.

fanaticeel

Juniors
Wouldnt it be great if all these guys just signed on right now, all together. No fuss, no hassel. Just would be good to wake up one morning and read, entire Parra squad signed for 2011.

2011? I'd like to see them all signed up for at least 3 years

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I expecting INU to have a big season, Tahu seemed to be a bigger loss than we thought. Especially of the field.

Mickyd39

Juniors
i hope we keep him. he should flourish this year outside of T.

he is still young, we have some good young players coming through and i think Inu could become a leader if we can keep him for the next few years.

If he does have a big season, I reckon the $ factor will come into play. May say he wants to stay, but, the manager will be looking for the most $ he can get.

Stagger eel

Staff member
this is no surprise to me and if he was to leave the club it would of been strongly advised by his manager to do so and not by his own instincts..I'd strongly advise INU to chat to Hodko before he leaves the club...

this is no surprise to me and if he was to leave the club it would of been strongly advised by his manager to do so and not by his own instincts..I'd strongly advise INU to chat to Hodko before he leaves the club...

Talk about a Kid missing a massive shot at 1st grade. He must be spewing. Just a bit more patience and he would have started 1st grade with us a fair while back.

I'm impressed with the amount of quality halfs that have come out of the Parra System in the last 4-5 years. Hanging on to them is the trick.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Going over old ground, the club made an offer to Hodgko as soon as he went down injured in the first trial game of the last season he spent at Parra. Usual tool in management and the offer of a first grade spot from Crusher and Des got him to the beaches, most observers thought he and KK would end up as our 6 & 7 .

The Colonel

Immortal
Going over old ground, the club made an offer to Hodgko as soon as he went down injured in the first trial game of the last season he spent at Parra. Usual tool in management and the offer of a first grade spot from Crusher and Des got him to the beaches, most observers thought he and KK would end up as our 6 & 7 .

And despite constant form for the reserves team in Qld Cup he still looks set to miss out to Kieran Foran. If Manly were serious they'd play he and Hodkinson in the halves and Lyon in the backline.

yy_cheng

Coach
From what little that you've seen or heard, would you say Humble is a better prospect than Hodgo?

Or are they completely differently players?

Humble on the youtube links from Colonel looks to be in the Kenny mould. Not an organizer. However, I think Humble's nimbleness could suit the pass it around style we play.

KK and Mortz more like Lamb.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hodkinson is an organiser with a good running and passing game. He'd be more suitable at halfback with Humble, Mortimer or Keating outside him.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I remember the then coaching staff saying that they werent too dissapointed with Blake Green leaving because of Hodgko coming through. He was also coming through with Albert Kelly.

caylo

Bench
Hodkinson is an organiser with a good running and passing game. He'd be more suitable at halfback with Humble, Mortimer or Keating outside him.

I think a combo of KK at halfback and Mortimer or Humble at 5-8 would be awesome because KK is a pretty good organiser IMO and has a very under-rated long kicking game. We will loss atleast one of Humble, KK and Mortimer IMO

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm constantly amazed at how much talking up people are doing of Humble.
I've seen the videos. He's seems like an amazing talent.
But, let's not get too excited people. Has he played first grade yet?

He could end up another Brett Kenny, but he might also be another Steve Witt.
Let's wait till we see him play, eh, before we have him in first grade.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Keating is far from an organiser. He and Hodkinson played most of their junior football together with Hodkinson clearly the better organiser. Keating is as someone suggested more of a Terry Lamb style player.

Latest posts