What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

Talanexor

Juniors
Got any bolter predications for SoO 2010? The players CANNOT have played Origin before, and cannot have been listed as 18th man before either. Obviously most of these guys will miss out unless they play the house down or there are injuries, but list them anyway. I'd love to revisit this thread come Origin time to see how many predictions we got correct.

QLD

Scott Bolton
Had a big 2009 and QLD don't have a lot of depth in the back row.

Aaron Payne
Cameron Smith is due for an injury and Nathan Friend lacks a kicking game.

NSW

Tim Smith
NSW still haven't got a consistent halves pairing and he was one of the better ones going around til he went off the rails.

Todd Carney

Same reason as Tim Smith, although less likely given he'll be playing fullback for the Roosters

Kade Snowden

Very impressive young prop who played well consistently in an underperforming side last year. NSW props haven't been able to match it with QLD the last few years, so he could be given his chance in 2010.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id have to agree with Tolman. Can see him making the squad.

Im expecting Mateo to have a big year to.

Talanexor

Juniors
Tim Smith is a QLDer? Really? My mistake. Man it's a bad time to be a QLD-elegible half.

Dazzat

First Grade
Tim Smith is a QLDer? Really? My mistake. Man it's a bad time to be a QLD-elegible half.

He's from Toowoomba I believe.

The thing about Queensland bolters is there's probably not going to be any surprises because of the emerging talent camps that Queensland hold. It's unlikely that a player that hasn't been to these pre-season camps will be selected for Queensland.

Bolton went to this year's as did Sandow and few others.

Big Pete

Referee
If I'm not mistaken, a Gold Coast product.

Not to sound critical, but you're only new to Rugby League aren't you Tale?

Some bolters for Queensland...

Andrew McCullough - If Smith goes down they have a ready made replacement in McCullough who's playing style resembles Smith's so much it's uncanny.

Nick Kenny - Strong defender with an awesome attitude. Could score himself a bench spot.

Lagi Setu - Can put on a hit and get off an offload. If he finds consistensy could be in line.

Richard Fa'aoso - An impact forward that plays with a similar style to that of a fit and firing Carl Webb.

Scott Bolton - Hits and runs hard. If he continues to improve should get a spot.

Chris Sandow - With Prince off of every Queensland selector's Christmas card list, Lockyer looking to retire from represenative football and Cronk recovering from a groin injury; selectors may take a risk with the enigmatic livewire.

Lote Tuqiri - Dual International, he could very well add to the Maroons star studded backline.

watatank

Coach
Chris Sandow - With Prince off of every Queensland selector's Christmas card list, Lockyer looking to retire from represenative football and Cronk recovering from a groin injury; selectors may take a risk with the enigmatic livewire.

???

Big Pete

Referee
The guy can never scrape a selection.

Even in 08 the selectors went with Hunt and Lockyer before the latters injury forced their hand.

watatank

Coach
Fair enough, thought there was something more.

I do think that if it came down to Prince and Sandow, surely common sense would prevail? lol

Big Pete

Referee
We'll have to see how both players play.

Sandow has his whole career in front of him, could be anything really.

Dazzat

First Grade
If Rusty reckon's Sandow is OK, Sandow must be OK.

With Thurston, Prince, Cronk and even Brett Seymour in front of him, can't see it happening this year.

Dazzat

First Grade
You're entitled to your opinion, but think on this: Albert Einstein was kicked out of university because he was considered not of sufficient intelligence.

If you consider Sandow's journey - where he's come from to get this far - I believe there's still a heap of improvement in his game. I can see John Lang being a more suitable coach for someone like Sandow than Taylor.

Latest posts