What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Eels vs Dragons, Parramatta: 17000
Broncos vs Cowboys, Suncorp: 28000
Bulldogs vs Knights, ANZ: 14500
Sharks vs Storm, Toyota: 6000
Panthers vs Raiders, CUA: 15500
Titans vs Warriors, Skilled: 17000
Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ: 21000
Tigers vs Sea Eagles, SFS: 13000

:shock: surely not. i would be surprised if the broncos pull anything under 40K

DINGb@T

Juniors
I think you'll find that the fast snap back on the crowds also has to do with the teams that were dropped with the 'reunification'. A large part of the dive in 1997 was the extra, not so well supported, teams that pulled the average down. WIth those teams gone the smaller number of teams would have helped the figures bounce a fair bit. Losing teams like Adelaide, Perth, the Crushers, etc would help the average a lot without reflecting any great improvement in the competition. The fact that we've added in two extra teams over that time and still maintained the average is a testament to the healthier state of the game.

Also, there was only 22 rounds up until the 98 season (easier on the average, harder on the total) before increasing to 26. Today we've reduced that to 24 rounds per team yet we have a bigger crowd total than we were getting a few years ago. Those sorts of figures will skew the numbers.

elbusto

Coach
I do, and I was asking earlier in the thread how we can get those 80k people to turn up week and week out. That would be fantastic for the game.

I also think its great people are getting excited. The quality is exceptional, and I don't take it for granted the players I get to watch week in week out at the storm.

Let's call a truce though mate. I don't see a significant crowd improvement and you do. I think the a-league is poor quality and you don't. All good though.
There is no truce. You are a troll.

And writing 'exciting' words to pretend otherwise is blatant BS.

elbusto

Coach
Eels vs Dragons, Parramatta: 19000
Broncos vs Cowboys, Suncorp: 42000
Bulldogs vs Knights, ANZ: 17000
Sharks vs Storm, Toyota: 13000
Panthers vs Raiders, CUA: 12000
Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ: 25000
Tigers vs Sea Eagles, SFS: 15000
Total 170000

big_matt

Juniors
There is no truce. You are a troll.

And writing 'exciting' words to pretend otherwise is blatant BS.

I dont think its up to you whether you accept a truce offered to someone else or not. And you didn't answer my last post (on the previous page) where I linked examples from 6 months ago where you were agreeing with my points. How come I wasn't a troll then?

I'll await your 4th post of this thread just saying 'you are a troll'....

Bodsy

Juniors
Eels vs Dragons, Parramatta: 21,480 | Should be a sell out.
Broncos vs Cowboys, Suncorp: 43,500 | Broncos will get a great crowd for kickoff in Brisbane
Bulldogs vs Knights, ANZ: 24,300 | Dogs fans will come out in numbers for this one
Sharks vs Storm, Toyota: 14,800 | A solid crowd for saturday night footy for a Sharks Game
Panthers vs Raiders, CUA: 17,200 | After a good pre-season for the Panthers, fans should come out and support their team
Titans vs Warriors, Skilled: 21,200 | Titans looking to build on last seasons home form, should be a good crowd
Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ: 36,110 | I think they'll advertise this game highly and fans will come steaming in, Souths with their 11,000 Ticketed members should make a big difference on the crowd this year. Should be a cracker, hopefully a clear sunday arvo
Tigers vs Sea Eagles, SFS: 18,200 | Tigers to open up Monday night footy with a good crowd.

Total Average: 24,601

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Eels vs Dragons, Parramatta: 17000
Broncos vs Cowboys, Suncorp: 28000
Bulldogs vs Knights, ANZ: 14500
Sharks vs Storm, Toyota: 6000
Panthers vs Raiders, CUA: 15500
Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ: 21000
Tigers vs Sea Eagles, SFS: 13000

that's being bloody optimistic Rufus :sarcasm::sarcasm:

IMO:

• Eels vs Dragons HAS to be a sell-out
  • Broncos vs Cowboys will draw NO LESS than 44k (considering 36k+ already sold) [prediction: 47k on the night]
  • Bulldogs vs Knights... even with the chance of rain.. no less than 15k [09 final drew a paltry 21k, so we're capped at that i think) [prediction: 18,800]
  • Panthers vs Raiders.. possibly crap, but still 13k+ [prediction: 14,000]
  • Sharks vs storm...also possible stinker, prediciton: 13k
  • Titans vs Warriors... no less than 17k [prediction: 21,000 ]
  • Rabbits v Roosters ... 26k minimum [prediction: 33,000]
  • Tigers vs Eagles ... two teams played played 09 MNF with 13.5k.. opening round.. no less than 18k [prediction: 18,500]

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs vs Knights... even with the chance of rain.. no less than 15k [09 final drew a poultry 21k, so we're capped at that i think) [prediction: 18,800]

There were 21,000 chickens at last years semi final? :crazy:

ouwet

Bench
You cannot buy tickets to the Eels V Dragons game on ticketek... No NRL club should be allowed to play at a stadium with a capacity under 30,000!

Venue:
Parramatta Stadium, NSW
Date:
Fri 12 Mar 2010 7:35pm - Eels v Dragons
Allocation Exhausted
Ticket pricing at:
Parramatta Stadium, NSW on
Fri 12 Mar 2010 7:35pm - Eels v Dragons

elbusto

Coach
I dont think its up to you whether you accept a truce offered to someone else or not. And you didn't answer my last post (on the previous page) where I linked examples from 6 months ago where you were agreeing with my points. How come I wasn't a troll then?

I'll await your 4th post of this thread just saying 'you are a troll'....
Sorry mate but everybody can see it. Move on is my advice. Find a friend.
:crazy:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Eels vs Dragons, Parramatta: 21,480 | Should be a sell out.
Broncos vs Cowboys, Suncorp: 43,500 | Broncos will get a great crowd for kickoff in Brisbane
Bulldogs vs Knights, ANZ: 24,300 | Dogs fans will come out in numbers for this one
Sharks vs Storm, Toyota: 14,800 | A solid crowd for saturday night footy for a Sharks Game
Panthers vs Raiders, CUA: 17,200 | After a good pre-season for the Panthers, fans should come out and support their team
Titans vs Warriors, Skilled: 21,200 | Titans looking to build on last seasons home form, should be a good crowd
Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ: 36,110 | I think they'll advertise this game highly and fans will come steaming in, Souths with their 11,000 Ticketed members should make a big difference on the crowd this year. Should be a cracker, hopefully a clear sunday arvo
Tigers vs Sea Eagles, SFS: 18,200 | Tigers to open up Monday night footy with a good crowd.

Total Average: 24,601
It be better if West Tiger's play there 1st game in the rest and Souths leave ANZ alone a stick to SFS.

Morro

Juniors
Record crowds forecast for NRL openers

By David Beniuk AAP Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:26:32

The NRL is on track for a record-breaking round of crowds as the competition prepares to kick off on Friday night.
Hot on the heels of an astonishing turn-out for the final weekend of trials, clubs are budgeting for massive crowds which could nudge the single round record of 185,051 set in 2007.
A dull summer of predictable cricket and the month-long lead-in provided by the All Stars clash have ticket sales going through the roof for the season openers.
Brisbane report less than 10,000 tickets left at 52,000-capacity Suncorp Stadium for Friday's clash with North Queensland, while the Parramatta-St George Illawarra clash at Parramatta is a virtual sell-out.
South Sydney are tipping around 25,000 for their traditional clash with the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium, the only match in Sydney on Sunday.
The Bulldogs expect more than 20,000 at the same venue when they take on Newcastle on Saturday, while the Lote Tuqiri factor has the Wests Tigers hopeful of a big Monday night crowd at the Sydney Football Stadium for the match against Manly.
"We'd like to get 20-something ... if you took the midpoint and said 25 I guess that would be a crowd that we would be looking for," Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys told AAP on Monday.
"It's a clash that deserves that kind of crowd anyway, round one, two good strong Sydney clubs and then throw in Lote as a bit of a wildcard into that, that gives us some expectation of a crowd of around that."
Humphreys said the interest in Tuqiri's arrival back this week had already begun paying off the investment in the dual international.
"Primarily it's about what he can do for us on the field but there's no question that off the field he'll be a big plus for us in terms of interest, in terms of publicity and we're already seeing that in terms of membership sales and sponsorship sales," Humphreys said.
He said last year's crowd of 74,549 for the Parramatta versus Bulldogs preliminary final had raised expectations of what could be achieved in the NRL.
"Momentum and desperation tend to be the things that maximise crowds," Humphreys said.
"Round one's a bit different because it's all about expectation and pent-up demand and everyone wants the footy on.
"A crowd like what was achieved at that Eels-Bulldogs game I guess opens up your mind to the possibilities, no question, and raises the bar in terms of what we all want to achieve and hope to achieve."

ByRd

First Grade
Souths should be expecting more than 25k. They should be able to crack 30k easily, given the rivalry and it being a sunday afternoon clash.

Estoboy

Juniors
was having a chat to some officials at the Balmain AGM on sunday and they said they are confident of getting 20+

Moffo

Referee
most manly fans work in the city so they should be getting at least 25k. anything less would suck monkey balls. where is the promotion?

ffs NRL, there are league fans in the city. you seem to forget that. i never see much in the way of promotion on buses/at train stations etc. terrible marketing. put free buses on to the SFS from Elizabeth St on Monday night, its not that hard. First game of the year, couple of beers after a sh*t Monday, what more could you ask for on the way home

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There is about 1000 tickets left for tonight's game at Parra. However, the Tele have declared it a sell out.....

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Bumper crowd in Brisbane!

Availability:
GoldAlloc. Exhausted
MaroonSingle seats only
BlueSingle seats only
Blue UnlicensedSingle seats only
WhiteSingle seats only
White UnlicensedLimited seats only
Away Supporter BayAlloc. Exhausted
Gold Restrict ViewAvailable
Maroon Restrict ViewAvailable
Blue Restrict ViewAvailable
Blue Unlic RestrictLimited seats only
White Restrict ViewAvailable

Bumper crowd in Brisbane!

Availability:
GoldAlloc. Exhausted
MaroonSingle seats only
BlueSingle seats only
Blue UnlicensedSingle seats only
WhiteSingle seats only
White UnlicensedLimited seats only
Away Supporter BayAlloc. Exhausted
Gold Restrict ViewAvailable
Maroon Restrict ViewAvailable
Blue Restrict ViewAvailable
Blue Unlic RestrictLimited seats only
White Restrict ViewAvailable

Was checking that out. Surely 48k+

You can't buy 2 seats consecutively anywhere except in restricted. Those are the top rows of the stadium I think, surely amounting to no more than a few thousand. Though I'd like to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts