What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
the NRL needs to set in law a rule were the league has the power to move what it identifies as blockbusters to big stadiums. back this up with them leading the way in marketing it as a big one with the clubs. No reason then why 2 sydney teams at the SFS or ANZ cant draw at least 30K

i expected more at penrith and cronulla but then again im not surprised, at least they pulled 11K + for 2 out of town clubs. hopefully the titans can get 20K and the derby gets close to 30K that would make it a pretty decent round

m0nty

Juniors
As for low crowds...i wouldnt get to worried about them honestly. The usual offenders arent really gunna turn things around are they? But i would be worried if the Dogs and Tigers numbers go backwards.

That's a rather defeatist attitude. The Broncos have a rails run due to being in a one-team town. Sydney clubs have to scrap and scrape their way to decent crowds. Have a bit of sympathy for those who have to work with a bit of competition.

beave

Coach
if they say there's anymore than 15k at the goldy then the bean counters are full of $hit (like they were last year with the GC crowd figures)

Chook Norris

First Grade
GC counters have always been full of sh*t.. unfortunately, the Titans have always produced their worst crowds in the same context. Round 1.. Sunday..2pm..

beave

Coach
probably a good sign that the prices that the GC are charging their punters is way over the top. They need to be careful that they don't price themselves out of the market with that new AFL side coming in.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Very disappointing Gold Coast crowd. I hope it's not a sign of things to come given their track record over the long term isn't that great. The Titans will get their 10k+ hardcore fans each weekend, though it's the other part time fans that will be required to make the effort.

Whilst the argument will be made it's the 'lowly New Zealand Warriors' (lame excuse), I'd be countering with: 'well it's your team hosting the lowly New Zealand Warriors, go and freaking support them!'

I am sure they will sell out Skilled Park when more fancied teams turn up, but you'd think round one of the season would be just about a sell out on the Gold Coast. Very disappointing.

big_matt

Juniors
I got hammered on this thread, and called an AFL troll, for daring to suggest that crowds would not be very good. They've been very dissapointing so far. 18k at parra for a gf team's furst game against a sydney rival? 11k at the sharks for the season opener against the world champions?

I think a few of the games should have been much better promoted, and in some cases the pricing should have been a bit more appropriate. Hopefully the souths and tigers games have big numbers to bring up the total.

Is parra stadium really that impossible to get to, and does rain really put people off that much? Or are there more fundamental reasons that have to be addressed like promotion etc?

elbusto

Coach
I got hammered on this thread, and called an AFL troll, for daring to suggest that crowds would not be very good. They've been very dissapointing so far. 18k at parra for a gf team's furst game against a sydney rival? 11k at the sharks for the season opener against the world champions?

I think a few of the games should have been much better promoted, and in some cases the pricing should have been a bit more appropriate. Hopefully the souths and tigers games have big numbers to bring up the total.

Is parra stadium really that impossible to get to, and does rain really put people off that much? Or are there more fundamental reasons that have to be addressed like promotion etc?
Listen F Wit - you are a troll. End of story.

Lowdown

Juniors
Dead set Titans are pulling average crowds. They should be pulling 25k per game. No excuse.

Even when it rains (which it wasnt really) the rain is bloody warm as piss.

10 years from now I can see yet another Gold Coast team going the way of teams before it....

elbusto

Coach
Elbusto, from what I have seen, it is you who are the troll.
Thanks Dutchy - before you make an accusation like that perhaps you might undertake some research of my contributions here including the TRL discussion which I have been running.

I am not the only one who has accused Big Matty of being a troll.

I suggest you check your facts before you make an accusation like that mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts